• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Let's talk about Fort Battles, Adventures and Duelling

killado

Private
About a month after adventures where added to the-west, it was already 7-8 players, per server, playing daily. At that time asked for removing those, would help with server usage and less expenses, adding the veteran points into fort battles. Instead of "sucesses" giving away some bonds, players would get veteran points for each participation, how much damage made, shots hit, shots dodged, flag holding, movement and some other option. 200 veteran points would be the top limit on each fort battle. Game code already supports those things with minimal changes. Fort shops where built into the game, never used. Get them available and selling named clothes, old sets (5 or more years) and special items. Easy to implement since shops already have those codes, small change was including special sets, products and other available sales. Could use the 3 options: bonds, nuggets and ingame money. When a fort is taken, the special part of the shop changes (1-2 items). Removing adventures would help InnoGames, since less server usage, cheaper operation and no more mess around with extra servers pay. It would need some rework on quests, no big problem.
Fort fights: classes need some updates.

And the main point to evolve the game: When you get to 800, on your craft, you can choose another side craft to do. Each player could have 2 crafts to use. Would help on PvP, Fort Battles and game.

Well, because that's the fun part of this game - but it's a fair point for the berry pickers who think this is a gambling dress-up simulator.
If not XP, then some chests. I could use Energy Box as a reward. Or First Aid Kit. But, why we don't have a Shop for Battles ? We have Veteran Shop (for Adventures). Why not a Veteran Shop for Fort Battles ?

"that's the fun part"

Not for me. I join something to get something. Joined adventures like crazy when we got XP Potions to buy. No more pots, no more advs.

TadschMahal

Sergeant
Here are a few ideas to make pvp more attractive than just increasing XP.

Battles:
There used to be money fort battles that constantly attracted a large mass of people. When these were abolished, you could win various boxes in fort battles, which also excited many players.
I would like to take up this in a different form in my proposal and connect it with the increase of XP, so that there could be regular battles again.
I think that my suggestion would bring more players back to the fort battles, than just the blunt increase of XP.
And implementing this suggestion wouldn't even take much development effort.

Implement two new boxes that can only be won in battles.
One box for the winners and one box for the losers.

Big old steel-lined box (winner box) contains:
2% XP potion -1% chance to get
250 Bonds -5% chance of getting them
Fortune cookie -5% chance to get
Starter kit -5% chance to get
Hot coffee (new buff) -10% chance to get
Polished bullet (new buff)-5% chance to get
Golden fort battle medal (new buff)-15% chance to get
Silver fort battle medal (new buff)-20% chance to get
Bronze fort battle medal (new buff)-29% chance to get

Big old iron clad box (loser box) contains:
1% XP potion -3% chance to get
200 Bonds -5% chance to get
Fortune cookie -5% chance to get
Motivation box -10% chance to get
Hot coffee (new buff) -10% chance to get
Silver fort battle medal (new buff)-30% chance to get
Bronze fort battle medal (new buff)-37% chance to get

The new buffs:
Hot coffee: 50% more XP when working 250 work points duration 2 hours
Polished bullet: 50% more Xp in fort battle and duel 50 health points Usable 2x
Golden fort battle medal: 50.000 XP
Silver fort battle medal: 40.000 XP
Bronze fort battle medal: 30.000 XP

For adventures there could be something similar.

Currently you can't get XP from adventures and the loot chests are not useful either.
Also it would be appropriate to implement a box for the winners and one for the losers.

Big loot chest (winners chest) contains:
2% XP potion -1% chance to get
First aid kit -5% chance to get
Motivation box -5% chance to get
Hot coffee (new buff) -15% chance to get
Sturdy work gloves (new buff) -15% chance to get
Field report A (new Buff) -15% chance to get
Field report B (new Buff) -20% chance to get
Field report C (new buff)-24% chance to get

small loot chest (loser box) contains:
1% XP potion -1% chance to get loot
Hot coffee (new buff)-15% chance to get it
Sturdy work gloves (new buff) -15% chance to obtain
Field Report B (new buff)-30% chance to obtain
Field report C (new buff)-39% chance to obtain

New Buffs:
Hot Coffee: 50% more XP at 250 work points in 2 hours.
Sturdy work gloves: 50% more products lasting 8 hours
Field report A: 12.500 XP
Field report B: 8500 XP
Field report C: 4500 XP

For the boxes in the fort battles and in the adventures, you can only get 1 item from the boxes, which is why there are probabilities behind them.

D0z3r

Private First Class
If not XP, then some chests. I could use Energy Box as a reward. Or First Aid Kit. But, why we don't have a Shop for Battles ? We have Veteran Shop (for Adventures). Why not a Veteran Shop for Fort Battles ?

"that's the fun part"

Not for me. I join something to get something. Joined adventures like crazy when we got XP Potions to buy. No more pots, no more advs.

Veteran shop can be useable also the have some new fort sets, at 2017 arrived a new set, what was not for adv but fort battles

but now the cook is not usable to fight, also bob dalton is weak

so like in 2017 if bob was a 3 years old set, than now can be also some chest for veteran points from 2020 tombolas eg. cortina, captain

or joaquin set from 2018 maybe also good for it

also loot chest need an update and the outlaw set, need to add again the 1% potion, and outlaw set is weak, not worth to play for it

asdf124

Private First Class
Veteran shop can be useable also the have some new fort sets, at 2017 arrived a new set, what was not for adv but fort battles

but now the cook is not usable to fight, also bob dalton is weak

so like in 2017 if bob was a 3 years old set, than now can be also some chest for veteran points from 2020 tombolas eg. cortina, captain

or joaquin set from 2018 maybe also good for it

also loot chest need an update and the outlaw set, need to add again the 1% potion, and outlaw set is weak, not worth to play for it
cook's set wasn't really that usable back then nor is it nowadays. At first the horsey set was better than black bart but hardly does anything for the rest of the set. So it was useful until murrieta came along.

All sets should be available in vp shop, other than premium.

rel2

Lance Corporal
I dont understand what is so hard on adding some new items in the veteran shop... people dont play adventures because you literally cant get anything valuable for those points, just my ideas: 1 % xp for 5000 points, energy box for 10000 points... just small stuff so it cant be abused in any way ... such a small addition to the game and i can guarentee you many more people would start playing adventures again, now you just cant find a game for days...

Think it needs more than a few small better prizes to get enough people interested to get the queue time under 5 minutes. It wasn't too bad for the first few weeks after they were introduced, but attendance dropped off within a month or so.

Less than 5 min is the only acceptable wait time for me. If adventures could be like FF and you could be offline, then the wait wouldn't matter, but I am never going to sit and stare at my screen waiting to be ready IF enough people sign up.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Not related to battles, duels or adventures, just a small idea that I had since the game has become more of a Church simulator login bonus game.

New Login bonus achievements:

Login for 5 consecutive days: Reward - 50 bonds ( 100 achievement points )
Login for 30 consecutive days: Reward - 30 nuggets ( 300 achievement points )
Login for 120 consecutive days: Reward - 500 bonds ( 750 achievement points )
Login for 365 consecutive days: Reward - 1 year VIP. ( 1265 achievement points ) Title: MVP
Login for 730 consecutive days:Reward - Rocket Turtle ( 7300 achievement points ) Title: I live for The West

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Another idea about Login Bonuses and rewards.

The current system goes like this:

1st day: 1%
2nd day: 2%
3rd day: 3%
4th day: 4%
5th day: 15 nuggets

Makes it a total of 60% of XP and 90 nuggets per month.

New system:

Same as above + if you login for 60 consecutive days the amount of the 1st day doubles and the system will be like this

1st day: 2%

Makes it a total of 66% of XP and 90 nuggets.

After 120 days

2nd day: 4%

Makes it a total of 78% of XP and 90 nuggets.

After 180 days

3rd day: 6%

Makes it a total of 96% of XP and 90 nuggets.

After 240 days:

4th day: 8%

Makes it a total of 120% of XP and 90 nuggets.

BIG NOTE
: After 240 days of loging in every single day all your XP bonuses will be doubled BUT even if you lose 1 day the whole system restarts and goes back to the beginning.

It's a bit controversial idea because if you manage to stay consistent you will be able to get 120% XP per month only by login bonuses which is 1.2 level per month , for a player that is currently 190 he will need around 5-6 years to reach 250 only by login bonuses and also it will not take as long as it will take now, you need more than 12 years to reach 250 but with a system like this this will be achievable SIGNIFICANTLY faster. In a game when there's a level cap , that level cap should be possible to reach with some grinding and a couple of years, the level cap in the west is ridiculous because of the amount of XP needed and it's even ridiculous because there are very limited ways to gain XP and you will mostly stuck with Login Bonuses as your main factor and Church building which is not fun at all.

ayias

Sergeant
Another idea about Login Bonuses and rewards.

The current system goes like this:

1st day: 1%

Makes it a total of 60% of XP and 90 nuggets per month.

New system:

Same as above + if you login for 60 consecutive days the amount of the 1st day doubles and the system will be like this

Makes it a total of 66% of XP and 90 nuggets.

After 120 days

Makes it a total of 78% of XP and 90 nuggets.

After 180 days

Makes it a total of 96% of XP and 90 nuggets.

After 240 days:

4th day: 8%

Makes it a total of 120% of XP and 90 nuggets.

BIG NOTE
: After 240 days of loging in every single day all your XP bonuses will be doubled BUT even if you lose 1 day the whole system restarts and goes back to the beginning.

It's a bit controversial idea because if you manage to stay consistent you will be able to get 120% XP per month only by login bonuses which is 1.2 level per month , for a player that is currently 190 he will need around 5-6 years to reach 250 only by login bonuses and also it will not take as long as it will take now, you need more than 12 years to reach 250 but with a system like this this will be achievable SIGNIFICANTLY faster. In a game when there's a level cap , that level cap should be possible to reach with some grinding and a couple of years, the level cap in the west is ridiculous because of the amount of XP needed and it's even ridiculous because there are very limited ways to gain XP and you will mostly stuck with Login Bonuses as your main factor and Church building which is not fun at all.
Very good ideea hope InnoGames will do something

obai-the-king

Lance Corporal
I would propose every 5 days to offer nuggets on all game worlds because once the number of nuggets increases that would be a bonus for those who don't want or can't afford to put money for nuggets and 2 would populate all the worlds and maybe players will be active on more worlds and will increase their interest

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
I would propose every 5 days to offer nuggets on all game worlds because once the number of nuggets increases that would be a bonus for those who don't want or can't afford to put money for nuggets and 2 would populate all the worlds and maybe players will be active on more worlds and will increase their interest
You think InnoGames would give so many nuggets for free? Wake up to reality obai :lol:

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
can someone recommend me a good actual set for fort battles?
Sure.
  • Leavenworth for tanks for defense
  • Bull for tanks for attack
  • Sousa for damagers for attack
  • John Astor for damagers for defense
  • The new DotD free set for damagers support (high sector damage and attack)

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Sure.
  • Leavenworth for tanks for defense
  • Bull for tanks for attack
  • Sousa for damagers for attack
  • John Astor for damagers for defense
  • The new DotD free set for damagers support (high sector damage and attack)
Add an asterisk next to the tank and add: It's up to you if you want to die in 5 rounds or play damage and stay alive until the end ( hopefully )