• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Changelog 2.199 - Discussion

bonuses of clothing / sets are much stronger than the bonuses of the character classes

my approach to the game was always more generell and not so specific that a special character class would provide huge advantage more than nice-to-have. this might be different for e.g. hard-core fortfighters or product farmers.

this means changes in character classes might change some habbits you are used to, but are not turning the game.

however i am not seeing a clear strategie in these changes, from the existing announcements it looks like "we did some changes to change something".

please do not forget that many requested changes since long. there have been a lot of different ideas. now everybody is complaining that it finally changed and his ideas were not considered....

darkuletzz

Private
Everyone can cirtic, I really want an advent full hp to have more damage than duellers, and duellers more dodges than an adventuerers . Thats top notch update by InnoGames =))

TadschMahal

Sergeant
The whole new questline for players lvl 155+ gives 7850 XP in TOTAL. (jobs and ff not included)
Its a complete JOKE.
You need to work more than 17 hours for this Quest and complete one FF...1 hour of building the church gives you MORE XP than a NEW HIGHLEVEL QUEST which needs 17 hours of work (in WORDS SEVENTEEN)
For |nno0: 17 > 1... ( For |nn0: ''>'' means higher - so u need more hours to finish the quest but u get way less XP than building the church)

DeletedUser500

Well. At least a couple of members of this community are intelligent enough to string a few sentences together with their own ideas instead of just flaming, and some even actually realise they need to play it out before commenting!
These voices need to cut through all the useless garbage that's littering this thread, so keep them coming.

Maybe the main lesson to take away is don't release updates before they're ready, the schedule isn't sacred.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser500

Pretty sure every gamedev gets shit, be it warranted or not. Ultimately they can do whatever they want. They've not exactly earned any benefit of the doubt over the past years though, have they?
That's probably a fair point, and a position that the new management probably realises they're in after the previous years.
Would I have personally shipped this as an update? No, it's missing 1/4 of the update.
Would I flame the devs and call for them to re-evaluate their entire lives because I don't understand what the new worker bonus does yet? Also no. :njub:

LAPPER

Private First Class
What are the Soldier changes??? Can a Soldier have crit hits now? What would be the low and high total for those crits? And a suggestion I made awhile back is to expand the amount of equipment sets one can store. 20 sets is not enough.

Zorro

Private
That's probably a fair point, and a position that the new management probably realises they're in after the previous years.
Would I have personally shipped this as an update? No, it's missing 1/4 of the update.
Would I flame the devs and call for them to re-evaluate their entire lives because I don't understand what the new worker bonus does yet? Also no. :njub:
they didn't make it, you can't see how much work they put into the other characters??????

With the changes:

Adventurer - why not keep the level 4 sleep at hotel and increase the regen? Bump up the ghosting percentage in certain areas of the fort, like an increased ghosting bonus on the flag or tower?

Dueller - took away the best part, no travel for duels. As someone mentioned, give a small appearance bonus to offset soldier tactics? Keep duels at 10 minutes.
  • if anything, reverse the dueling changes that were made several years ago!
Worker - why why why encourage anyone to have more skills for church building? And they nerfed the worker benefit of aim/dodge?

Why give everyone a chance to crit? Why not give all chars a tactics bonus, a fort battle aim/dodge bonus, ghosting bonus?

When diggo posted his fort battle changes, there were explanations and stated reasons.
These changes seem more like throwing a mess on the wall to see what happens. They can not let this go to prod.

Last edited:

Blume

Reservist
Also, I very much welcome an adjustment of the classes, and I will try to briefly summarize what I like and dislike about the class updates.

- Firstly, I would suggest completely removing the bonus skill points from the classes. The Soldier, in particular, has clearly demonstrated the problems they can cause.
- Furthermore, in my opinion, it would be beneficial to create a possibility to adapt the class throughout the game, as the players' interests can change over time.
- I quite like the change with the Duelist, although it is of little use if you can only challenge 3-4 players. It would probably be better to shorten or remove the downtime between duels, so that you can duel the same player more frequently.
- The bonus of the Adventurer class still seems to have no use in Fort Battles. Is this class intentionally made into a "worker class," or is there currently a lack of creative ideas for an adaptation?
- I find the actual blocking playstyle of the Adventurer class quite good and would like to retain it. Could adventurers, when standing alone, also receive a combat bonus of 20-40% to their evasion value, in addition to the current ghosting bonus?
- Why doesn't every class receive a small experience point bonus for the tasks they were created for? For example, 10% for Builders in city development, Adventurers during work, Duelists in duels, and Soldiers in combat?

Honestly i don't even know what this change is suppost to mean can somebody explain it?
(In fort battles, your aiming and dodging are boosted by 15% (30%)*. If it is higher, your building skill replaces hiding and setting traps)

ChickenMcGuy

Tombstone Sole Survivor
The West Team
First of all, thank you to everyone who can continue discussing here with us politely and calmly. We are here working on forwarding all of the new feedback regarding our latest update. As stated in our Changelog, it is the start of changes, and we need to work as a community from here. If someone is missing the Soldier bonus changes, it is also written there that it will be included in our next updates.

We understand that your expectations were different, but after so many years, we will have some changes regarding classes. It can be viewed as bad or not asked for, but as a starting point, we need to make some changes first to see which direction we need to take in the future. In our changelogs, it is also mentioned that these changes can be modified in the next versions based on feedback. And we both know that to have any proper feedback about these changes, we need to try them out, and after that, the feedback needs to be shared with us.

That's why it would be best for everyone's interest if we can keep this topic open for as long as possible without the need to close it down due to inappropriate content. We suggest that everyone read our Forum Rules, at least the Civility part of those short rules.

Regarding some questions:

iWY5m61.png

what does that mean?

It means if your building skill is higher it replaces hiding or setting traps

Yes, it means that. Maybe encourage more church builders to go fort fights as they have every basics for it (some skills, sets).

i dont understand why skills that nobody said to change are being changed and for example soldier has zero changes when everyone says the tactics bonus is op,,,probably a comedy skit

and for soldiers ???

We will see changes regarding the Soldier class in the next updates.

TadschMahal

Sergeant
In our changelogs, it is also mentioned that these changes can be modified in the next versions based on feedback. And we both know that to have any proper feedback about these changes, we need to try them out, and after that, the feedback needs to be shared with us.
It's great that you say that - I think what you guys don't quite understand is that you just don't listen to player feedback.
It's been months and months of feedback on all sorts of things. How much of the feedback is implemented? 1%? If things are changed then 99% not even close to how the players imagine.
You always talk about wanting feedback but you don't implement it. you can't tell anyone that you listen to what the players want.
And please don't tell me that some things just take longer. Just no. our feedback is simply not taken into account!!!

and that's the big problem here right now. no one would be so upset about these new changes if the players knew that their feedback would change it so that most of them are happy.

Black Fairy

Reservist
First of all, thank you to everyone who can continue discussing here with us politely and calmly. We are here working on forwarding all of the new feedback regarding our latest update. As stated in our Changelog, it is the start of changes, and we need to work as a community from here. If someone is missing the Soldier bonus changes, it is also written there that it will be included in our next updates.

We understand that your expectations were different, but after so many years, we will have some changes regarding classes. It can be viewed as bad or not asked for, but as a starting point, we need to make some changes first to see which direction we need to take in the future. In our changelogs, it is also mentioned that these changes can be modified in the next versions based on feedback. And we both know that to have any proper feedback about these changes, we need to try them out, and after that, the feedback needs to be shared with us.

That's why it would be best for everyone's interest if we can keep this topic open for as long as possible without the need to close it down due to inappropriate content. We suggest that everyone read our Forum Rules, at least the Civility part of those short rules.

Regarding some questions:

Yes, it means that. Maybe encourage more church builders to go fort fights as they have every basics for it (some skills, sets).

We will see changes regarding the Soldier class in the next updates.
Sorry, but there is no logic in every single changelog and updates, which means our opinions are not taken into consideration at all. The game is getting ruined quicker than I thought. All those changes are like having a rusty bike that is almost in pieces, but you put gucci bell on it to fix it lol...

Black Fairy

Reservist
Also, builders who is banging church 24/7 is not useless if full building points. Still can put Cortina or Bulls set and be a great tank. The same with dmg, wont be 1400 but can still hit 1k per round, so why the hell should we be considering building as fortfight skill? Shall we change soldiers tactics for horse riding if its higher? Because why not? I wonder if there is somebody who acutally play this game before making those decisions? Bad updates and then expectign us buying premium sets which will become useless after couple of months.

imagine builder in cortina, setting traps 1250, dodge 900, leadership 650 with free atributes and skills. Well, you put it or into hp, or leadership. Do you really think somebody is going to put it all into building? Than you cant use cortina or Bull, because your building compared to theirs setting traps and hiding will be useless. Or you can try damage, in tolbert, maybe murrieta/captain set of weapons, so you have 1650 setting traps or hiding, leadership 2000, aiming 300. Than maybe change riding set for murrieta, or adams and in the end you go with dmg set because you realise it makes more sense.... Its nice to having setting traps or hiding, but without other bonuses you can be on your own tower and miss every single time becoming useless player. Or if you are on worlds where are gringos and union officers, you may be like a scamm mixed with spam, aiming every single time with bwcoming annoying. Builder was golden, was bringing balance to the fortfights.... I dont know maybe the way I am thinking is totally wrong, its just what I can Imagine from experiences.

Maybe its time to quit.

why are the class benefits being completely modified? feedback has been ignored for years and all modifications to prod have stayed in prod.

advent: no sleep in hotels for level 4
duel: travel for duels
worker: using construction skills instead of fort battle?? no, this just encourages more church builders.

these are making fundamental changes to the char class, not slightly adjusting the class for game improvements.

in the famous words: c'mon man, what are we even doin out there man