• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Changelog 2.199 - Discussion

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Why isn't innogames bringing out a test server (AN ACTUAL TEST SERVER) so players and mods can test stuff there? Isn't that the best solution? Why does something like that not exist?

Let's say you make some changes , you invite around 100-200 players could be random could be a draw whatever just do it , with mods also in that test server all together we can work out what is good/fine/ok to go BEFORE you announce updates like this to reduce complaints, it's really not that hard...

DaveKing

Private
Each class would have only 2 bonuses specific to it. One for the duels and one for the fort fightnings. In addition, there would be about 40 bonuses in total, divided into 4 category (A,B,C,D). We can choose and active for ourself a few bonuses from each category. Each category would have a value (how strong is the bonus). For example A - 10, B - 8, C - 5, D - 3.... and from the categories we could choose the bonuses totally in value 40... There would some rules about what can and cannot be combined (max 2 A...). And you could change character class every 2 months for free (or every month for nuggets).
This is the best suggestion.
We have been choosing castes for 10+ years. The game has changed a lot in all areas. Most people would choose differently or are bored with their current character. Players quit because of this. This could be easily solved if you could change character classes (for example yearly)
But it would be best if we could periodically create a mix of skills that we like (with restrictions of course).

Beef

Lance Corporal
We understand that your expectations were different, but after so many years, we will have some changes regarding classes. It can be viewed as bad or not asked for, but as a starting point, we need to make some changes first to see which direction we need to take in the future. In our changelogs, it is also mentioned that these changes can be modified in the next versions based on feedback. And we both know that to have any proper feedback about these changes, we need to try them out, and after that, the feedback needs to be shared with us.
it's not viewed as bad. it is bad, ridiculous

you need to make some changes to see which direction you need to take in the future. YOU WERE already in the exact same situation, the changes that need to be made were obvious. now you need to see what changes are needed in the future, after an update that messes up the game even more and the community needs to write WORD FOR WORD what you are supposed to do and you completely ignore the feedback again?

how many times exactly did you modify any changes in the course of 10 years? how many? based on feedback? feedback doesn't mean anything on those topics. everytime the exact opposite happens

nobody asked for maybe half of these changes. i woulda understood if advents started to crit with 2% cuz they sucked, but why all classes? why does worker need to be boosted, wasn't it good enough? how in the world would builders show up to fort fights if they didn't do that for 15 years? what was wrong with how the duels work for duelers?
the normal course of action woulda been to fix what needs to be fixed first and after that see what needs to be done...not start over in a worse situation. this doesn't make any sense

Last edited:

DeletedUser500

nobody asked for maybe half of these changes
People have been asking for the advent hotel bonus to be changed to something useful, people have been asking for duellers to not be allowed to camp in forts and not be duellable while they can duel half the map, people have been asking for increased damage for all - except duellers who already do more than enough... And ofc mostly people have been asking for changes to the soldier class, which seems not to be done yet for whatever reason.

why does worker need to be boosted, wasn't it good enough?
Where's the boost?

In fort battles, your aiming and dodging are boosted by 15% (30%). Previous was 20%(40%)

If it is higher, your building skill replaces hiding and setting traps
How many workers do you think show up to fort battles, and have more construction from their skill points, than Traps/Hiding from their fort gear?
The intention seems to be to encourage the players that play for church to actually come and play, and considering how sets are designed, it's surely always more effective to skill for forts than to hybridise construction, for fort battle performance.

Beef

Lance Corporal
People have been asking for the advent hotel bonus to be changed to something useful, people have been asking for duellers to not be allowed to camp in forts and not be duellable while they can duel half the map, people have been asking for increased damage for all - except duellers who already do more than enough... And ofc mostly people have been asking for changes to the soldier class, which seems not to be done yet for whatever reason.

Where's the boost?

In fort battles, your aiming and dodging are boosted by 15% (30%). Previous was 20%(40%)

If it is higher, your building skill replaces hiding and setting traps
How many workers do you think show up to fort battles, and have more construction from their skill points, than Traps/Hiding from their fort gear?
The intention seems to be to encourage the players that play for church to actually come and play, and considering how sets are designed, it's surely always more effective to skill for forts than to hybridise construction, for fort battle performance.

why are you telling me this? it's completely irrelevant. i see some changes made here that I SPECIFICALLY asked for, but that's not the point of my post.
read the log if you don't see the boosts

DeletedUser500

why are you telling me this? it's completely irrelevant. i see some changes made here that I SPECIFICALLY asked for, but that's not the point of my post.
read the log if you don't see the boosts
Please pretend (or not) I'm the dumbest person on the planet who has no idea about fort fighting, and explain what you see that I clearly don't from what appears to my untrained eye to be a slight nerf to the worker class?

Beef

Lance Corporal
Please pretend (or not) I'm the dumbest person on the planet who has no idea about fort fighting, and explain what you see that I clearly don't from what appears to my untrained eye to be a slight nerf to the worker class?
the crit mate...the nerf is irrelevant as it already has 400 attack on wt

Beef

Lance Corporal
If it turns out that way, of course I'll advocate for its removal, but so far I just see a dueller crying about other classes being able to crit now at a miniscule rate?
yeah, a dueler that has been complaining about nerfing the crit rate as well...
as always, just nonsense

and i play all the classes, just so you know...some of you just ask for it i swear :lol:

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Your base regeneration is 4.5 (6) points per hour.
Great change.

Adventurers have base resistance of 0.5 (1) per level.
What kind of resistance? As of late it is split in two. Main resistance and secondary resistance. My opinion is that the bonus you suggested should apply to both secondary and secondary resistance, otherwise it would be too weak. At lvl 180 you would have 180 extra main resistance and 180 extra secondary resistance. A damager will deal 1800-180*2=1440 damage to you and a tank will deal 550-180=370 damage. That would be good. Weaker than a soldier, but not bad. The bonus for fort ranking could be lowered from 70% to 30-40% extra points.

buff in appearance / 5% max hit buff / regen 50% health lost with every duel win - Just a different solution
Please, do not buff the appearance, tactical sets are already bad because of the soldiers and all other classes will suffer even more.
Regen 50% health lost after a duel seems a very interesting bonus, I like it. In my opinion all classes need at least one duel bonus (like they have at least 1 fort bonus).

In fort battles, your aiming and dodging are boosted by 20% (40%)*.
Yes. It wasn't OP. It was a fair bonus.

Ghosting, in my opinion should stay as it is a situational very strong mechanic but often too reliant on luck and most people don't really know how to play to the class strengths if im honest
True. It was great many years ago, but it's not anymore. It's ok to have few adventurers for IFBC battles where you have your dream team with 100% players online and nobody have OP items or high upgrades or hundreds of extra skills, but in normal battles it's not that great. And it's even worst now at higher level.

Duels against other players take 25% (50%)* less time
It's interesting, but it has a lot of problems:
  • Consumables have a 10 minute cooldown.
  • It's not fair for those who play at the top, because you can duel twice as much now as a duelist
  • It's hard to figure out what your opponent is doing because the duel doesn't last 10 minutes, it lasts either 5 or 7.5 if he doesn't have character bonus, you don't know if he canceled the duel or if he doesn't have character bonus. He may cancel and reskill or he just doesn't have character bonus activated. It's a very strong indirect tactical advantage.

Guiri

Corporal
Workers hit/dodge chance makes very little difference in real life. I have done some tests where I play worker and when I had Def value 440 I was dodging as much as when I had it 360, a 20% difference. Luck is way more important. Same goes for hitting, having 430+ and shooting a tank on grass I would miss repeatedly.

ayias

Sergeant
Workers hit/dodge chance makes very little difference in real life. I have done some tests where I play worker and when I had Def value 440 I was dodging as much as when I had it 360, a 20% difference. Luck is way more important. Same goes for hitting, having 430+ and shooting a tank on grass I would miss repeatedly.
I had 470 attack and still missed like 20 shots

Black Fairy

Reservist
Instead of that building nonsense for builders in fortfights i would welcome duel bonus, there are many dudes wanking their ego only on workers. Also, I dont know where do some players play, maybe in other Galaxy, but nowdays Cortez, Tolbert are enough to be on Church 24/7. its XP they want, not building points. its one change that wont change anything, those who wants fight, can do that with building or notm and those who dotn, will rot on Church as afk players bringing nothing to this game, yeah, yeah.

You can give % for crit hit to anybody who goes with 0 HP added. Meaning if I go as builder with full Leadership, I get that bonus, because thats logically whatI am doing during that particular fight. If I go tank, I shlould not have that bonus, because I already protect snipers behind me. 2% is low, but it can happen in 1 round and many tanks are done and so is fight and any chance to win.

Leave Builder alone, leave his old bonuses, just add duel bonus.
Leave Duelists, add them appearance if attacking in duel instead, they are weak against soldiers with current sets.
Leave Advent..... kidding, this character needs massive remake. Bonus if standing alone in sector, higher resistance etc.
Soldier nerf tactics, add resistance if attacker or leadership bonus, he is weak against duelers AF on the grass.

This game aint see my money and I hope no one will spend more than on premium. Not going to buy rotten tomato, rather non!

PS: How about spirits of summer? Are you going to change bonuses and resistance for level or are they useless to buy now?