• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Changelog 2.193 - Discussion

i'd like to know the answer for this please...if anyone can tell when update is live
the achievements get filled with the part of the conditions which was achieved in the past.
however for some reason - but also as usual in the past - they do not show as completed even when they are.
crafting an item does not trigger as in the past.

Loki

The West Team
Update:

Resistance changes

We have changed way how resistance works.
Now it's split into primary resistance and secondary resistance.

The primary resistance comes from the battle formula using your trapping/hiding and health, and it will work the same way it does now.

The secondary resistance is the direct bonus given by clothes and buffs, and it will only let you mitigate damage from the shooter's damage bonus.

Below you can find damage formula:
Weapon Damage + Sector Damage + [(Weapon Damage + Sector Damage) × Leadership ÷ MaxHP]
The blue part refers to secondary resistance introduced above.

Below you can find resistance formula:
300 × (Hiding OR Setting Traps) ÷ MaxHP + Resistance Bonus

Now only direct resistance bonus on your clothes can mitigate sector damage and the damage multiplier.
Only the rest of the formula can lower the weapon damage as well.
Still nothing can lower the critical hit damage.

DeletedUser500

Something like... they noticed lower levels doing 0 damage to the level >180s, which is no better than missing, so this apparently helps that, maybe/hopefully without buffing the high levels.

It might mean more battles end in a kill-all situation, rather than a draw or a desperate flag-rush, is that a bad thing? maybe not... We're testing it live.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
This change doesn't seem to help at all against high level damagers who deal extremely high damage and make resistance seem useless. If you play with the spirit set you already lose a lot of hp and a lot of defense.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Damagers will deal exactly the same amount of damage as before, but tanks will deal more damage. This is a nerf to tanks. Because the tanks were the ones using the resistance. Additionally, sector damage will now be useless for tanks when firing at another tank with high resistance. Whether you have 0 sector damage or 300 sector damage, the damage will be the same because the secondary resistance will reduce the sector damage to 0. I don't really like this modification. It could have been done in a much better way. All you did now was nerf the resistance and indirectly the summer spirits set. High level duelists deal so much damage that resistance is useless anyway, to play with the set of spirits vs duelists, you sabotage yourself, because you lose a lot of hp and defense. It was worth taking hits from tanks in the past using summer spirits set, but now it's not even worth it for that. Summer Spirits have become weaker anyway since you increased the maximum level, the tanks don't even do 0 damage anymore, they do 100-200. Now they will deal much more damage, so it's pointless to use the Summer Spirits set anymore. I don't like this change at all.

I totally agree with why not… except I hate summer spirits because it killed imo too many fort fights and then fort fighters.
I do not really play on tw anymore but last time I was a tank (offender obviously ) I just wanted to delete (and I did); what I understand here won’t make me come back ( as a tank).

Though, I appreciate the fact that AT LEAST, pvp is considered in updates, so let’s see what s the impact

Ps: the resistance % idea still seems great to me

JustAMoment

Lance Corporal
Leadership needs to be nerfed (in formula), percentage resistance wont do much. Like tanks can get around 400+ resistance with proper gear/kodiak. Someone shoots for 2k+- without crit. I doubt they will change current 400 resistance value to be like 30-40% atleast if it would have been percentage based with same calculations to make any difference of how much damage you will get in the end.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Indirectly it is a nerf for gringo's weapons, you will now deal about the same damage as someone with (upgraded) Cortina's weapons, because the sector damage will be nullified by the secondary resistance. And even worst, if you play with a sector damage set, you lose about 300 damage per hit. You continue to help the duelists in the same sector, but it is not as fun for yourself. Of course, this is not the most important problem that is caused by this change, but it is not to be neglected.