• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Changelog 2.184

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
But only for those who want to start over. Those who have already reached 150+ find it easier. See that you can get XP on the official worlds to level up faster!

Football

Sergeant
I think the lvl 250 is not a problem. We need new levels. But how they do it is the main problem. It was a big jump from 150 to 250. If they changed it slowly (like every 3-6 months +15-30 lvl), ,it wouldn't cause a big problem. AND they should have balanced the character classes first before the new levels. The only character that get extra skill points by level are the soldiers. The soldiers are too OP in the current 150 lvl, I can't imagine how OP will they in the bigger levels. The fort fights will be destroyed. Whose are on leadership will make 2k per shot, and if they tanks are getting some crit, they are destroyed in 2-3~ rounds. About the new jobs... In the current state we can get 200~ XP with some job. I think when they increase the XP on these new jobs for example 300~ would be really better.

+about the character classes: when they created the bonuses there were only "normal" clothes which hasn't GIVE SKILL POINTS PER LEVEL, there were no sets what give us extra luck, there were no buffs (so the hotel was important)... and other things... so we really need some changes !

I really hope that the next changelog will be about balance.

Sacagawea

Reservist
For God's sake, this update cannot reach the local servers.

It will be game over if that happens.

jumping from 150 to 250 is a lot.

Jumping to 200 would be fine.

All jobs need to considerably increase the experience offered, both new and old jobs alike.

XP wells need to be made easier for players to obtain.

For the love of God, don't end the game.

FreeHugs

Lance Corporal
I've seen some people say "at least we have something to do" ...do when?? in 10 years time when you get to that level?

Anyone competitive in areas of the game that didn't sit on a church for a decade are massively disadvantaged at their chosen own way to play the game just because this update didn't factor any of that in.

It feels like some people dislike seeing all the negativity regardless of why it's there & want to support the "Underdog" multimillion dollar company innogames who are "only trying their best" after sharting out an update that will do more harm than good to the majority player base if not addressed.

This level cap increase is only a positive thing if they continue to release updates balancing & fixing this update and we should keep giving them as much critical feedback as possible to make that happen.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
2)Now that you made the big change will you start fixing PVP issues? That's something that is a must so you mustn't take any longer and start immediately in my opinion.Giving more levels for players will not be enough.
1) Not necessary, but most likely in the future.
Wait...So you're telling me that you made this update of proportions without thinking about the PvP elements? These are the ones that keep the game alive. On the worlds where there are no duels, forts, adventures (these are dead everywhere anyway), no one plays anymore. Only few players log in twice a day to do 4/9 jobs at the church and that's all the activity. So you're telling us that you don't plan to change the PvP formulas (especially the fort one) and balance the character classes in the near future? These formulas were made at the time when clothes offered several dozen skills, now they offer several thousand. At level 250 with a few thousand more. You really don't think that the pvp will be even more unbalanced than it was? Who the heck is going to play this game when you mock your playerbase this way?
"Most likely in the future" Are you kidding me? These problems should have been solved years ago, this update will make all current problems worse. Not to mention that no one has the patience for 15+ years to make lvl 250. The game is oficially dead and this update is the funeral, the last nail in the coffin. Period.

RIP The west
06.2008-10.2022

Pyrotechnist

Private
and we should keep giving them as much critical feedback as possible to make that happen.
there is a topic created in august and it has 11pages about level increase, i guarantee nobody who is in charge of increasing the level has any clue about what it was written there

For all those whining, it´s called a changelog, not a final update.
There is still a lot of work left to balance it but no need to be negative about InnoGames finally releasing some new content.
i'll take a wild guess and say that this changelog will reach the live servers exactly as it is, are you new here to think otherwise :))) ?

FreeHugs

Lance Corporal
there is a topic created in august and it has 11pages about level increase, i guarantee nobody who is in charge of increasing the level has any clue about what it was written there

i'll take a wild guess and say that this changelog will reach the live servers exactly as it is, are you new here to think otherwise :))) ?

True, but they do on very rare occasions so it's here for em to see... just in case they get good at their jobs :D

Harsha.1

Private First Class
This update is actually fantastic for Berry pickers - players purely focused on PvE (player versus environment). They get endless levels to grind at for the next few years, 50 shiny new jobs that they can explore and farm new products in, many quest NPCs and endless possibilities of new quests with them. This is not to mention the sheer crafting potential - hundreds of new recipes can be easily added.

But, for all others who love the PvP aspect, this is pretty much a disaster - it feels whoever developed this update did not consider or test any consquences coming out of this update related to PvP. Higher levels mean duel damage is going to see a dramatic jump (as weapon damage is level based), advs will become even more weirdly lopsided if that was even possible. Then you get FFs - purportedly if your HP is > 60k, it has weird effects and crashes the server and as far as I'm aware, nothing has been fixed in this direction at all.

Also, it bears remembering that the FF formula was designed to work optimally with 2010-era stats in mind, and it was already problematic operating with L150 stats. With L250, I'm not really sure how it would look like, but it's bound to throw up a vast raft of problems - and from my understanding, there's no easy bug fix - and the PvP module will essentially fall apart for a number of years.

Loki

The West Team
Guys the new community manager is ON named Loki Hey Loki welcome to the west beta club
Hello to you and all! :)

I've read all the post so far and will keep on reading and compiling a list to pass on with all your concerns and suggestions.

Please, bear in mind that the update is a work in progress. Plenty more things to come.
If you find any errors/bugs, as this is a beta version, report them. :up:

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
compiling a list to pass on with all your concerns and suggestions.
Jokes on you. All these complaints have been repeated hundreds of times in the last years, the peak being in the last months. So far, nothing has been done in this regard. The problems are old, now they are only accentuated by the massive increase in the level without any lever to balance the situation.

bidliz

Private
Why? Did they think the game was too balanced and did they think that a significant difference in xp between the players would sweeten the situation? :))
Well, someone said this needs to be done (Etriel), but in the mean time there was a market merge + problems with the migration system, and some compatible issues, so this is max a 4 months job what you can see. The question is, will they improve the rest of the game, or not. Most likely not, because the LCM worked on this project, plus the graphic designer, and maybe Alesul, but not the developers.

And learn a sentence: "We really were thinking about it, but we can't do it."

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
A responsible company would have published a roadmap and asked for feedback long before such an update took place. You can't post the update and ask for feedback on the day you implement it, it's pointless, feedback is useless, you won't change anything, as you've spent years on this update. It's technically impossible. Maybe just make small improvements in the future, but which future? Does this game have one? Publish some stats with the number of active players each year, I'm 100% sure it has drastically decreased in the last 10 years. And the fact that you have never listened to player feeback is an important factor in this. It's a direct consequence I would say.