• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Easter Event 2024 - Discussion

notundead

Private
I like the overall design of these sets, except the unique one's. With a name like "Thunder Strikes" shouldn't be this basic, especially because it's the winner set. It looks the same like the others, I wonder how many times will I equip the wrong one...

Emma Swan

Corporal
Rollings Thunder set, item on 0 bonus defence 1, if upgrated on 1, bonus defence 2. I like that you have listened and make it +1 if upgrated, not on 2 items 0.15 like Bull had.

GOOD JOB :)

but that set 3. I dont think its time to release kind of John Astor set, because you can replace clothes with astor/sousa and FF will probably get out of hands... When I compare it to set that players usually have for FF def Astor clothes +1, Murrieta weapons +1, Black Heart cat / Sousa clothes +1, Captain weapons +1, Black Heart cat

It gets slightly less leadership and aiming, but that high hiding and setting traps together with aiming is bad adia as I said many times before. It should have been HP instead of aiming. Imagine that davis combo clother with different ride and guns. Event duelist wont have problem to make good dmg and buff tanks in sector. One takes clothes, another one guns. Now imagine that on builder lol :D And also, I would make this set just for attackers for now and see how it goes. Because it may be too much for attackers, than you can change something or release stronger buff for defence, if in case rolling thunder will be too strong which i dont think. But I would release buff tank for def later in another event. Why? You are about to release better Bull, yet buff set will help defence as well so new Bull is not actually that strong as I said.

So I say remove setting traps or cut half away and replace aiming with HP. I dont know what coleagues thing about that set so I am curious on their opinions as well.

links for screens:
Combo set 1 defence https://prnt.sc/EoV4UgLjXgyK
Combo set 2 attack https://prnt.sc/8HJm28bmeeqN

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
1710173640421.png
1710173724119.png
1710173759949.png
1710173776205.png

Are you kidding me? These sets are not nerfed yet? Rolling thunder's set +0 is better than Bull's +5, normal event weapons (Rolling thunder's) are better than a nugget exclusive weapon set (Bull's). Unique weapons are waaay better than the best unique weapons from the last year. And so on...

Emma Swan

Corporal
But this is nothing new. Black Heart was a point from where all sets must be stronger. Look at the cat and skull. Its stronger than that year Sousa ride and nugget John Astor ride. Nugget sets are to complete your set. They dont guarantee that you will be still stronger with them couple of years ago. Otherwise at some point they would start releasing sets without reason to switch to them.
As for winner sets, I say if somebody want it can still win them. And whoever still lives in denial that Thunder set must be nerfed, have no idea probably what attacker tank needs to do to survive in attack usually 20-30 rounds on the ground. Its not only about winning, but rounds. If you wil in 30 rounds whats the point? This set will make it more even for attackers.

We are not playing FF 100 vs 120 anymore, those times are gone. 30 vs 30 is at max if lucky, we are having battles with as low as 10 s 10 lol :D Not to mention set 3 ....

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Do you ever heard of the term "power creep"? This is already a serious problem in this game, old formula don't work properly with the current high values, it makes no sense to introduce excessively strong sets. Not to mention that Leaven, Sousa, John Astor's sets does not compare to Rolling Thunder and it's not even close. Attackers will always win. It's stupid and that's all, your arguments make no sense.

Richard Maverick

Lance Corporal
old formula don't work properly with the current high values
That's true. Today values are so high that the FF and duel formulas (those have probabilities built in) don't work anymore, more abilities doesn't change much, that's why is better be full HP, and rely only on clothes to get more than a decent bonus.

One possible option is to reduce every set by x10 (https://forum.beta.the-west.net/index.php?threads/bring-balance-once-again.4703/#post-53293)

Resistance (both in duels and FF) is the only variable not depending on probability, so would be nice if we get back to the old resistance in FF. And maybe that way get a good use of the Davis Tutt set (new Zapata)

Emma Swan

Corporal
Do you ever heard of the term "power creep"? This is already a serious problem in this game, old formula don't work properly with the current high values, it makes no sense to introduce excessively strong sets. Not to mention that Leaven, Sousa, John Astor's sets does not compare to Rolling Thunder and it's not even close. Attackers will always win. It's stupid and that's all, your arguments make no sense.
And thats why we are pushing them to rework formulas and how rng works, because it was popular back then not now. So what do you recommend then? Release set that gives you 25 more dodging, because this formula wont take it in good way anyway? You do realise that duelist can give you above 1500+ base hit right? Especially with this unbalanced system you need as much bonuses as tank as possible because that higher def can help you fight against rng and get better number. I can understant if there was dmg set with high values, but we are talking about tanks that cant hold long these days, so I actually dont understand your complaining about tank set to be honest. Tanks die like flies, easy and sometimes with 1 round enough.

And I am not comparing full new 3rd set so full dmg set, But clothes. It has too good stats to be wore by dmger as well. Good dmg in it wont actually feel any difference and will help tanks very well. Now imagine it on tower in defence.

alexone21

Reservist
View attachment 2319
View attachment 2321
View attachment 2322
View attachment 2323

Are you kidding me? These sets are not nerfed yet? Rolling thunder's set +0 is better than Bull's +5, normal event weapons (Rolling thunder's) are better than a nugget exclusive weapon set (Bull's). Unique weapons are waaay better than the best unique weapons from the last year. And so on...
Can you compare and post it a screenshot with Davis Tutt's set vs Zapata 2018?

how name is this compare for the west items?

Darrell

Reservist
Guys, are you out of your minds? Rolling thunder's set is waaaay too much better than any other set. At 150 lvl it gives 300 health points more than bull...220 leadership more and +8 defence. Those numbers are insane!!!! Defences are already difficult the way the game is right now, with rolling thunder's set defence won't be playable!

dublik

Lance Corporal
Guys, are you out of your minds? Rolling thunder's set is waaaay too much better than any other set. At 150 lvl it gives 300 health points more than bull...220 leadership more and +8 defence. Those numbers are insane!!!! Defences are already difficult the way the game is right now, with rolling thunder's set defence won't be playable!
it will force them to either release much better defense sets, or finally rework the fortbattle formula

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
it will force them to either release much better defense sets, or finally rework the fortbattle formula
LOL
Wishful thinking
They didn't do it after they released Union set, they won't do it right know. But now it's much worse, because Rolling Thunder's set is not time and nugget exclusive.
I still like that you admit, even indirectly, that the set is OP and needs to be nerfed, however, so far you have feedback that contradicts your honest opinion.
And btw, if they do change the fort formulae, this set will still be OP, because all other fort set are much weaker. So they will be forced to release a bunch of new sets to compete with this one, increasing the power creep and probably make the new formulae ineficient.