• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Hello, Guest.
    This is the questions section. Here you can ask any question related to the game.
    Please make sure you read this thread before you post here!

Multiple items can now put on the market as an offer

DeletedUser

No.
Userscripts only work on the client side, on your computer. The line mentioned above should have to been changed on the server side (to prevent people from 'abusing' the minimum price..)
But about two weeks ago, they changed some other code, throwing an error when the amount of things to sell in the server call is something different from 1 (which is the reason why Lekensteyn's scriplet doesn't work anymore.)
In short terms - they broke this functionality, either by accident, or on purpose.

DeletedUser

on purpose, they seriously need to concern about small things also to make interface more userfriendly.

DeletedUser

"Yes, you can !"

And now, ladies and gentlemen, the monkey offer you this possibility !
If you search on userscript, "Yes, you can !" :D
(many thanks to the autor, I had the previous version of the script and this evolution is a VERY good one).

DeletedUser380

And now, ladies and gentlemen, the monkey offer you this possibility !
If you search on userscript, "Yes, you can !" :D
(many thanks to the autor, I had the previous version of the script and this evolution is a VERY good one).
Thanks :) (well, at least I suppose you meant my script)... Most people probably don't know it, so here it is:
http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=45978
By the way, it was still not confirmed to be allowed anywhere (banned neither), so I recommend to wait for a while...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks :) (well, at least I suppose you meant my script)... Most people probably don't know it, so here it is:
http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=45978
By the way, it was still not confirmed to be allowed anywhere (banned neither), so I recommend to wait for a while...

haha, very very clever. since they only allow amount of items to be 1, you managed to automate it to repeat X sales :D

it atleast makes it easy for sellers, but buyers still need to buy each item individually. good thing, we can later pickup all items in specific town market with one click.

great work Petee!

DeletedUser

well but this script is prohibited!
Macros, scripts and/or bots that automatically log on or trigger game actions are prohibited unless they have been approved my the West Team. Please refer to the forum for a list of allowed scripts or to submit yours for approval.

and we deny this script here!

DeletedUser

and we deny this script here!

Just had a look at the forums there - where exactly has it been prohibited? I couldn't find any statement regarding that...

Furthermore, can you explain why it should be illegal?
After all, it's just a fix (respectively a workaround now, with Petee's script) for a functionality which was intended, but hasn't been fixed by now since "there are more important things for the devs to do".
Well, since for PLAYERS the multisale features is one of the most important things since crafting was invented - crafting lives on selling & buying massive amounts of products - why do have to make it that hard?

And finally, why is there not a single dev statement in here? This thread/issue is nearly 4 months old...

DeletedUser

Just had a look at the forums there - where exactly has it been prohibited? I couldn't find any statement regarding that...

Furthermore, can you explain why it should be illegal?
After all, it's just a fix (respectively a workaround now, with Petee's script) for a functionality which was intended, but hasn't been fixed by now since "there are more important things for the devs to do".
Well, since for PLAYERS the multisale features is one of the most important things since crafting was invented - crafting lives on selling & buying massive amounts of products - why do have to make it that hard?

And finally, why is there not a single dev statement in here? This thread/issue is nearly 4 months old...

you'll find the prohibition in my post you quoted. Also the .net-forums and the public beta forum are not linked in any way. The public beta is a complete seperate game version.
And the reason why we prohibited is also listed, because it's against our rules. It automates the market sells and we don't allow it here on the public beta.

DeletedUser380

Da Twista said it´s illegal in the .net forums. http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=583924&postcount=24
It´s against our pushing rule, and it has been disabled for using it, at least on .net
It is NOT the same one. I've already asked Da Twista to make a new statement regarding my script, which is crucially different from Lekensteyn's one. The older one enabled a buggy, misusable feature which made pushing a little bit easier. I wish to stress it was not the purpose of the script that was banned - "While the script itself is not the real problem, .." This script keeps the buggy feature disabled, it just kind of fills out the form for you. :)
I guess I should have asked before I posted the script... I apologize, but now I'm formally asking you to approve it. This script does not bypass any premium feature. This script does not enable any exploitable feature. This script does not help players to cheat or to gain any inappropriate benefits against other players. This script just saves time and makes the game better playable, while we patiently wait for developers to do it themselves. So, would you be so kind to reconsider?

By the way, as I did at the .net and .sk forums, I'm asking all players not to use the script while it's not allowed in your local version. Please, respect Game Support's decisions, whatever they are.

DeletedUser

/edit: This post refers to
Da Twista said it´s illegal in the .net forums. http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=583924&postcount=24
It´s against our pushing rule, and it has been disabled for using it, at least on .net
- the other two answers were written while i was typing *g*
---

But that refers to Lekensteyn's quick fix (which doesn't work anymore).

Why should Petee's script be banned?
All it does is resend the server call with all the data you just entered manually (so no means of automation) more than once (the number you have specified).
Although buying dozens of single offers is annoying too, this script at least eases selling where you have to fill in up to 5 values for each single item.
Just try to sell 20 pcs of this, 20 of that, 15 of those... -.-

DeletedUser

And that exactly is why it is prohibited. It automates the selling on the market. Instead of filling out the form 20-times you just have to do it once and sell the items with one click.
And §8 of our beta rules says clearly
Macros, scripts and/or bots that automatically log on or trigger game actions are prohibited unless they have been approved my the West Team.
So it's against the rules and is prohibited.

But Lekensteyn's script just reactivated a deactivated function that was already implemented, but it was also against the rules in a lot of other game versions so even this one has to be deactivated.

DeletedUser380

Well, then I wonder why are other scripts like this allowed... There are scripts for sending mass telegrams to all members of several towns or to participants of a fortbattle, saving you a lot of clicks. AFAIK it's not forbidden (at least I'm sure there's no statement regarding it's prohibition in the beta forums), even though it does virtually the same like mine does... TW Pro saves you clicks and triggers game features too - you don't have to check the ladder to know the duel stats of a player; you don't have to click on both Access restrictions and Link report, because they are in one window; it saves you a lot of time with an in-game calculator, which actually does something pretty similar to the Works window you have to buy premium account for. And be I banned right now if there's any prohibiting statement about TW Pro on Public Beta. :)

I'm not saying there's absolutely NO logical reason to ban the script. I realize allowing a script using some kind of automation might encourage others to do similar things, even though the script itself might not be providing any inappropriate benefits. I'm just asking for a small exception in this case... I think no one who likes crafting would disagree that the lack of a feature like this makes gaining resources from the market a true horror... After all, it's just a hot-fix for the time until devs fix the original feature, right?

DeletedUser

/edit: Again too slow.. was replying to DarkGuardian666. You schould enable that "warn me if new posts haven been made inbetween" feature on the forums.. *g*
---

Ah... ok, I see.
With your argumentation, there's no difference between killing an human beeing and an ant. :lol:

As far as I remember, the rules and especially §8 have been made to
  • prevent some players of having an unfair advantage over the rest of the community
  • prevent players of gaining an advantage comparable to a premium feature without paying

Wouldn't you say there's a slight difference between Petee's script, and for example a (fictive) script that keeps logging on repetitively and enqueuing new jobs or duels as long as you have energy or something like that...?

Petee kindly asked for an approval... §8 holds this possibility.

The only possible reason for banning this script would be a plan to make multisale a premium feature. Is this reason?

DeletedUser380

The only possible reason for banning this script would be a plan to make multisale a premium feature. Is this reason?
Maybe not the only one (I've been a mod and had several opportunities to think of all possible reasons why is a script or a game suggestion potentially dangerous). But yeah, definitely the most obvious candidate...

DeletedUser

But Lekensteyn's script just reactivated a deactivated function that was already implemented, but it was also against the rules in a lot of other game versions so even this one has to be deactivated.

Well, so Innogames has implemented an outlaw function before disabling it ?

It's coming very complicated to follow what is authorized, what is prohibited, on which worlds, etc...

And I don't speak about scripts not authorized since InnoGames implement his own in the premium.

The West will lose a lot of old players if InnoGames continue like this... (damn, I will be banned on all worlds after saying that !).

EDIT : it's why I didn't give the direct link to your script, Petee...

DeletedUser

I just hope multi sale won´t be premium!! :mad:

Every man who crafts and have other items in multiple quantity will need this feature! Please do not make it premium if that´s what InnoGames is thinking. :(

DeletedUser1304

You can bet this will be paid feature as any other things in the update. Wouldn't be surprised if we had premium quests only one day. Well, its all about money in this world.

DeletedUser

You can bet this will be paid feature as any other things in the update. Wouldn't be surprised if we had premium quests only one day. Well, its all about money in this world.
The West will lose a lot of old players if InnoGames continue like this... (damn, I will be banned on all worlds after saying that !).

And be sure I'll be the first to stop, sadly... :(

But, before that, we'll probably organise a "no West day" (damn, I will be banned again on all worlds after saying that !). :p