• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Hello, Guest.
    This is the questions section. Here you can ask any question related to the game.
    Please make sure you read this thread before you post here!

Multiple items can now put on the market as an offer

DeletedUser

Good news at last... shame on me I didn't stumble over this earlier:
Joony (german CM) said:
In vielen Sprachversionen ist das Script wegen der dortigen Pushing-Vorschriften verboten. Deshalb haben wir die Spielfunktion, die das Script aufruft, deaktiviert.
Da wir aber erkannt haben, wie wichtig das Script, bzw. die dahitnerliegende Funktion, ist, wird es ab Version 1.32, die demnächst hier eingespielt wird, wieder funktionieren - und zwar korrigiert, ohne die Möglichkeit, damit Geld zu sparen.

Sorry für den Ausfall des Scripts, das war aber leider nötig.
(from => german official forums)

roughly translated:
In many language versions [of The West] the script [the old one from Lekensteyn] was banned due to the rules against pushing. Therefore we've deactivated the function the script was calling in the game.
Since we've realized how important the script is, respectively the underlying function, it will be availiable again in v1.32 which will be released soon - in a corrected version without the possibility to save money [ingame money - no more selling of a whole stack for the sales price of the SINGLE item].

Sorry for the deactivation of the script, it was neccessary.

---
Since the argumentation for disabling it on german worlds too was the fact that there should be only ONE game version/patch status for ALL local versions, all of you can look forward to get multisale back again.

But now to another thing - since Joony wouldn't make up such a story, but got that info from the devs for sure - why no CM posted this info here?
That would have a saved a lot of hassle, anger and frustration... :(

DeletedUser

Well.. seems I cheered too soon...
Es funktioniert wohl doch nicht nicht wie gewollt und wurde deshalb zunächst zurückgestellt. Sorry für die Fehlinformation, ich kann daran aber leider nichts ändern.

Den Changelog korrigiere ich sofort.
(=> german forums)

It doesn't work as expected and therefore was postponed. Sorry for the incorrect information, but I can't do anything about it.

I'll update the changelog immediately.
:(

DeletedUser380

Now I really don't know whether to continue developing the script... It's forbidden on beta, 2 another language versions' teams haven't even answered yet...

DeletedUser

script is working again...time will tell how long it'll last until it's a premium function ^^

DeletedUser

script is working again...time will tell how long it'll last until it's a premium function ^^

Shhhh!! Don´t speak about premium!! :p :D

Yeah, multi-sale should be free for everyone, not be premmie.

DeletedUser380

Come on, darkguardian :eek:... Version 0.3 (which makes only selling easier) was allowed on .net (http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=590291&postcount=56) and on .de (http://forum.the-west.de/showpost.php?p=588662&postcount=42). In what is beta so different from these huge communities?
v0.4 conditionally allowed on .de - http://forum.the-west.de/showpost.php?p=590367&postcount=79

If we can't actually use it here (I know very well that using the script can be tracked easily), I'd at least like to announce a new version: 0.4.beta3, for other people to use...
Serving as a complete market solution, not only it allows easily selling high quantities of items, but it also enables you to mass buy them and mass fetch the items/money. How? Simply by grouping similar offers/records together, the script then repeats the server requests for every offer/record in the group. However, this version was not yet officially allowed to use (I released it just today), but received somewhat positive feedback from two .net community sheriffs, so I'm pretty optimistic.

More info: http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=45978

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser380

Version 0.5 of my The West Petee's utilities released

New features:
  • Empty server response bug (hopefully) fixed
    • Requests are now sent in groups of 10 and only after the last group was recieved by the server
  • Client-side sorting
    • You can sort the results in all three tabs by one of the 5 keys
    • Sorting is done client-side, so the effect is immediate
    • Two new keys: Instant buy (other results are moved to the end), Count of items in the group
  • Caching of Sales offers and Bids for purchase tabs
    • The tabs won't automatically reload the data if you just open them or fetch one group of results
    • Reload the table by hitting the Reload button while being on the tab, or by double-clicking it's name
  • Disable grouping button
    • If you don't want to use the grouping feature for a time, you can turn it off by hitting this button
    • It won't disable the whole script
  • The script now displays a footer like TW Pro does
    • It's on the bottom right side, below server info
    • The Made by Petee (tw-db.info) text now won't bother you in the Market window anymore
  • Script header fixed - meta-information should display correctly in all browsers
  • Other bug-fixes
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/96584

Again, you might need to remove the old version first. I hope it won't be necessary in Firefox and Chrome after this update.

Translation files contain new texts, so I'm asking any translators to have a look here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/109230

DeletedUser380

Is this script officialy approved?
It is officially approved on .net, .de, .cz, .sk, I don't know about other countries, and sadly banned on public beta :(. I just use these forums to propagate the script, lots of people from different language versions come here, so they can hopefully spread the link.

WWW.clip2net.com/s/16gDH
Why do I get this error?
browser GOOGLE
I use the same browser and the script loads fine on worlds with 1.32, beta should be no different... I recommend that you try to disable any other UserScripts, especially watch out for an older version of my script. If it still outputs that message after disabling all other UserScripts and refreshing the window, post me your exact browser version. If you find out it is caused by some other UserScript, post a link to it and I'll try to fix it.

DeletedUser

nice script.
is their a string like their is one for TW pro. i use the string because i use it when i need it. other wise i don't use it and i hate to turn it on/off from extensions on chrome. i hate using it all the time because it slows the speed of browsing.

DeletedUser380

Code:
javascript: jQuery.getScript( 'http://userscripts.org/scripts' +'/source/96584.user.js' ); void(0)

DeletedUser

:whistle: *bump* :whistle:

Any news on this...?
The original matter of course - selling of genuine stacks.

(Honestly... the new window system, the achievements, the buddy system.. quite nice. But not important compared to this useful feature.)