• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Independence Day Event 2021 Discussion

Miss Florida

Lance Corporal
Yea power creep..
One should compare Murrieta, P. Mosey and Captain to see what Power creep is like..

Union is another story.. that I've talked about for 2 years.

It´s less about power creep and more about incompetent game management and unimaginative devs that don´t know how to fix the urgent issues in this game. Power creep is just a result of their incompetence.

Guiri

Corporal
Thanks for the upgrades, as an old experienced player I have done the maths and will use it in attacks. It is slightly better than Livinston, and I salute that a new OP tank attack set wasnt released to counter Cortina and once again switch the balance.

I really dont understand why players are complaining so much, if you dont want the set, dont use it, dont do the event. Would you prefer another construction or duel set? At least this can be used. And to those that use Cortina in attacks, well you must play on new servers.

I guess we are all waiting for The West 3.0 to finally bring the changes needed to make battles more exciting, whenever that will happen

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
new OP tank attack set wasnt released
That kinda implies that there was OP Tank set(s) :whistle:

That's said;
to counter Cortina
I don't see anyone in this topic wanting a Cortina level Attack set.

We just want a Set that just enough to give a chance to win Attacks.
I really dont understand why players are complaining so much
Well, maybe you should read more carefully
And to those that use Cortina in attacks, well you must play on new servers.
Or maybe they have the Summer Spirits set that can be used with 5 items of Cortina Clothing?

Last edited:

Guiri

Corporal
There was OP Tank set, Bob Dalton was class. Deadwood Dick and J Adams were good too. Cortina is OP even though only for def.

For me Cortina+summer spirit gives me 100 att / 130 def in attacks. Livinston 120/130. With Wilson I expect that to go to 130/140. To me it seems like a good increase. The difference in resistance and hp is very small, almost negligible.

Once again, please explain why there are so many complaints about this set. Is it better than Livinston? Yes. Is it better than Cortina in attack? For me it is. Can it make attacks winnable? No. Do we want one set that is so strong that it makes attacks winnable? We say we do, but that would most likely just switch battles back to pre-DOTD 2020. I am all in favour of small increments to avoid a Jojo effect.

It's not the sets fault that we can't win attacks, it's the tower bonuses. Just changing them back and getting back to old attack numbers would make great battles. This are the main faults with battles and it's a shame they haven't been reversed.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
There was OP Tank set, Bob Dalton was class. Deadwood Dick
I will admit I wasn't around when those Sets were in play so I can't comment, however they are ancient now and only very few against the many Damager ones.
and J Adams were good too.
J.Adams was good?! Wth.
You might be the first to call it that way.

Just a Critic fodder like Livingston.
Cortina is OP even though only for def.
Cortina is NOT OP.
It's just powerful enough with the help of new Structure bonuses. That's it.
You still get killed very easily.

I will believe "OP" when a Tank set on ground can hold against Damagers on ground. (Or Tower vs Tower)

It barely holds on a Tower against Damagers on ground.
The difference in resistance and hp is very small
Wait what?
Maybe Hp is but do you know how much Resistance with Mask + 5 Cortina?

Ps. 5 items of Wilson is useless.
Is it better than Livinston? Yes.
It arguably slightly is now.
We didn't deny that.

But what u missing is, Livingston wasn't a competent set and it's been 2 years since then.

"Water under the bridge now" as the saying goes.
Do we want one set that is so strong that it makes attacks winnable? We say we do, but that would most likely just switch battles back to pre-DOTD 2020. I am all in favour of small increments to avoid a Jojo effect.
Small increments?

Dude it's more than half a year now. Are you kidding me?

We say "winnable" , not guaranteed to win like before.
There is a big difference.
It's not the sets fault that we can't win attacks, it's the tower bonuses. Just changing them back and getting back to old attack numbers would make great battles.
Lmao.
You just said "Cortina is OP" thou?

You mean when Towers were irrelevant with all the power creep?

They barely are relevant with a set like Cortina.
And you want them to be reversed? Wow.

And you want the old Attack numbers too lol.
Yea, why not have Attacks sweeping all Defenders all the time like the "good old days"

Not like there are any servers that can fill battles but hey :whistle:

Last edited:

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Can we have kodiak items for sale in this month?
I can say with certainty that the set will not be on sale this month. It might be the case that it will be available in the SHOP at some point this year, but we do not have any plans to add it at the moment. The set was available in a sale earlier this year.

AndreeaVTM

Reservist
I can say with certainty that the set will not be on sale this month. It might be the case that it will be available in the SHOP at some point this year, but we do not have any plans to add it at the moment. The set was available in a sale earlier this year.
So what items we get on this summer sale??

Miss Florida

Lance Corporal
Thanks for the upgrades, as an old experienced player I have done the maths and will use it in attacks. It is slightly better than Livinston, and I salute that a new OP tank attack set wasnt released to counter Cortina and once again switch the balance.

I really dont understand why players are complaining so much, if you dont want the set, dont use it, dont do the event. Would you prefer another construction or duel set? At least this can be used. And to those that use Cortina in attacks, well you must play on new servers.

I guess we are all waiting for The West 3.0 to finally bring the changes needed to make battles more exciting, whenever that will happen

I don´t know from where do you get your info regarding TW 3.0 or why that "big update" is now all of sudden branded like completely new version of the game. It´s something that would have have been considered as a regular update 4-5 years ago, good times when changing names of items and fixing bugs were not considered as new features.. As a matter of fact, they didn´t mention anything about changes to FF mechanics when they announced the update 1 year ago. Just more quests, items and increase of the max lvl which no one even asked for and just shows how much they lost a touch with game reality.

The reason why players ask for at least competitive attack set is because we know that changes related to balancing FFs are months (years?) away if they ever happen at all. And we can´t wait that long since battle numbers have halved ever since Cortina got introduced and attacks became impossible to win.

Guiri

Corporal
I did read it on this forum somewhere that there would be battle changes with 3.0. Not sure which part of my post that gave you the idea that is would be a completely new version of the game. Please read more carefully next time

Miss Florida

Lance Corporal
I did read it on this forum somewhere that there would be battle changes with 3.0. Not sure which part of my post that gave you the idea that is would be a completely new version of the game. Please read more carefully next time

Part where you called it The West 3.0 ;)

Guiri

Corporal
Raider,

When Adams was new it was a great upgrade to Deadwood Dick. It was strong compared to the damager sets at that time.

I am still in favour of small increments, and yes it has been six months. I don't understand what point you are trying to make. You may not believe that Wilson is an upgrade and would like a Cortina with Hiding instead of Setting Traps. I can understand that but don't believe it would make better battles. If such set would come it would be at DOTD and most likely break battles again just in favour of attackers.

And Cortina is OP in my eyes, Tanks are now dodging 3 times more than before Cortina. A competent leader should be able to use that. Now when every server I play on Defence can hold towers and kill all attackers I think there is something wrong. Lower the bonus, put on more attackers and maybe defenders will have to bail in and block towers. It would require new tactics but what is the problem of that?

If battles don't fill, well then you have to spam more I guess. Or go to small battles, if you can't fill smalls then we those servers have bigger problems than gear. I dont believe attackers would be able to kill all with those two changes due to Cortina being so strong.

Guiri

Corporal
Miss Florida, still don't see your logic. If I said version 3.0 would you believe it was just an upgrade?

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Talk of reading carefully..
Idk how many times I must tell that we never wanted Cortina for Attack.

I'm trying to find the mid-way here.
Which is so damn hard thanks to obsolete formulas and stuff.

3 times more dodge so 4 times of before? In average?
Lol I wonder which server that is.

But my experiences say Double at best, depending on ur distance and all.
Which is quite normal since u still barely survive 3 rounds on Tower point.

Defenders do have to bail and block Towers already.
Just not extremely fast, thankfully.

Every server Defenders kill all every time? What? Where?
If battles don't fill, well then you have to spam more I guess.
Mate you sure you are playing this game?
Like which of your servers filling Medium attacks?

Smalls? They suck thanks to P2W aspect.
Cortina being so strong
You keep conflicting with urself.

Make up your mind, is it Towers or Cortina that is "OP" ?!
How Cortina fares on ground, please tell me?!

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Regardless of all changes and Cortina, Damagers of Attack still can reach 50k damage. (Captain is quite powerful anyway)

The problem is, Tanks no longer hit anything and they don't survive long enough until a proper mount.

This set might help with first part but won't with second.

We only mentioned Livingston because there hasn't been any other Hp set after that. (Except Defense set Cortina)
Not because it was anywhere near competent.

As it stands, 55 resistance is just a joke and usage of 5 items of the clothing set isn't sensible.
End of the story.

Last edited:

Guiri

Corporal
So if tower bonuses are strong, Cortina can't be strong? No conflict at all and I thought I explained it enough but obviously not. If we went back to the old formula and old numbers and the only difference was that Cortina would be introduced, I believe we would have good battles. Back in the day attackers always won, I believe Cortina being SO strong would counter this.

I have never said we should use Cortina for attack so no idea where you picked them from, the air?

3 times more dodges on average for a tank on a tower in defence. Before I got 20, now I get 60. I have seen the same or more for many other players. And no I don't base it on just one battle. We could discuss the English grammar if more here is used correctly but you obviously got what I was trying to say.

You trying to find the middle-ground seems very similar to you trying to find any mistake in my posts. I still can't remember seeing your suggestions, please remind me what they were?

notundead

Private
Will the Mythical weapon sets duelling weapons have different extra bonuses, just like it used to be with the other unique weapon sets before?
Would be better in my opinion if for example the knife would have +33% xp, money or luck as a bonus, instead of having 33% drop chance as a bonus on both of them.

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Will the Mythical weapon sets duelling weapons have different extra bonuses, just like it used to be with the other unique weapon sets before?
Would be better in my opinion if for example the knife would have +33% xp, money or luck as a bonus, instead of having 33% drop chance as a bonus on both of them.
Will pass this on.