• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Day of the Dead 2023 Sets - Feedback

toto70

Reservist
I think the sets are very nice, but they should give some of the pieces of the sets some experience, especially the necklace and belt, 30% would be good and would help me reach level 250 in 10 years and not in 10 years and two months. I am not going to analyze whether the set of duels is good or not because I and 90% of the players are now trying to level up and duels do not give experience and there is no longer anyone to duel in most worlds.
I am less interested in the set to build, with the ones that are already in the game I can continue building my church, I don't even need more points and much less that the set gives me % experience, since it is not useful for building a church, and for jobs I do not plan to use it since there is more than one combination that doubles or triples the experience that this new set will give. Before launching new sets they should first analyze and find out what the players are doing, what they would like to continue moving towards the goal. For that reason, I think that the best thing they could do to make the Day of the Dead tombola more attractive is to add experience to specific pieces of the group, last year they did it correctly with the Colombian Conjunto and it is a complete success. , we all use those pieces to try to get more experience, which at this point is the most important thing in the game.
I do NOT speak English and I translated it on Google, I hope you understand

FreeHugs

Lance Corporal
Free set:

Slightly better horse set with some leadership. Sector damage bonuses are low compared to others. Looks like everyone is forgetting here, we have Gringo with +150, Golden horse set with +80 (at lvl 150) and Siringo clothing with 57 sector damage. You can do all non premium if you really want unreal check, Muri gives 45 sector damage. Only highest contribution for sector damage count, so possible you already receive much higher sector bonuses to this date, and you will not feel any change on damage. Giving like +17 attack bonuses is also small, it does not translate as +10% chance to hit, more like you will do one or two extra hits due to high luck of formula.

Construction Set:

All the old worlds need, not just the soon to be dead new world where maybe 100 players play. I can't reach my church with lvl 1 Paden and Cortez horse set without work buffs. Sad reality. So, I need to buy like 6 Paden chests with a lot of cash to build it like for some month or get almost free a better set. I take my chance with the cards.

Duel set:

Cowgirl 2.0 good idea as it was really old the OG ones. Weapons can finally do some damage for free. I don't mind the product drop bonus since you only have two choices to get any nowadays. Fisherman and Skeleton, don't mind a 3rd option. Maybe a little more experience boost would be great on clothing.

Peace

Cowgirl 2.0 sure its good, still a bit boring it'd be nice if they could bring out a good/competitive set that is different. And cowgirl 2.0 with no vaquero 2.0 is a bit rough

I dont think its bad to have a duel set that gives little for most/all duel skill points... its something different and its nice and can definitely work

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Back to the free set. Multiplayer attack is a problem, not just for tanks as they will dodge less and faint faster, but defenders will be at a huge disadvantage. 3 players with this set will give 17 attack per sector to 99 players. That's on top of the huge sector damage. Turn sector multiplayer attack into normal attack and it's ok.
Don't forget to buff the building horse set, because it's as bad as Cortez.

dublik

Lance Corporal
Back to the free set. Multiplayer attack is a problem, not just for tanks as they will dodge less and faint faster, but defenders will be at a huge disadvantage. 3 players with this set will give 17 attack per sector to 99 players. That's on top of the huge sector damage. Turn sector multiplayer attack into normal attack and it's ok.
Don't forget to buff the building horse set, because it's as bad as Cortez.
no, dont remove the sector attack, last set with a sector bonus was Lee in 2016. Either nerf it a little or nerf it hard, but add sector defense as well (+6 attack, + 6 def for example)

As for the church ride set, buff every skill per level by 0.2 and its good.

AvallachCZ

Reservist
I think free set is ok, maybe gun damage could be improved a bit as it can`t be upgraded. Sector bonuses might be nice thing if sector defence + resistance will be implemented in future set to counter this a bit. It could lead to support roles in ff, not just tanks and dmger as now.

Church set might be good but it is too much focused on construction of buildings imo. Also a bit of a buzz killer for new N-world from the start and older worlds just for chutch. There is already pushback as church is one of the best xp things to do and it is boring. PvP should be a priority, not this. Also we just got a good set for free.

Duel set is interesting. A bit of resist / dodge might be useful but still looks good as it is.

Beef

Lance Corporal
you boosted it? are you insane? :lol:

multiplayer defense stands for doging chance on either side, if the dev doesn't know that yet. because for me it looks like it was intended to get a bonus in defense. i said again, remove the sector damage bonus

Emma Swan

Corporal
PLEASE make Christmas set for Church PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE......... The West game becoming The CHURCH GAME lol :D Then in 2024 release every event new church set so that we can complain again about people banging on church as offline :) Attack for free set was ok, you should have nerfed sectore damage bonus in my opinion. guns are rubbish, after pumpkin hunt most of people are going to use murrieta on 2 till christmas. Horse looks finally good to be usable with upgraded Astor or Sousa.

But I till think that our FF sets arent able to survive this no matter if its def or att. Now you get slaughtered with duelers in couple of rounds, wait till you have 250 sector dmg :D Better just regular bonus not sector, so if some dueler wants to have it, immediatelly will loose chance to hit. If you wanna keep it, than I suggest christmas set more than 1 and one must be just buffer for tanks.

Also, I like that horse set has now defence sector bonus not att, but I would prefer to leave attack for horse set and give it to clothes instead, guns should get resistance sector bonus so in case you leave it all as sector bonus, its gonna be some kind of buff set not tank destroyer set. my opinion

dublik

Lance Corporal
the 2 sets look better now,and the free set could be adjusted further: lower the sector attack on clothes to 5 and remove sector damage from individual items, leave it only as a set bonus.

Loki

The West Team
you boosted it? are you insane? :lol:
8a680f7b5972e3c5ab45838b65d4eff2.png
:lol:

Huntiz

Reservist
+5 Multiplayer Defence (Attack) (Fort battle sector bonus)

Loki.. why?
It's attacking set, for damagers.. defence bonus is for dodging, therefore it's pointless..

Please, revert this change :)

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
I was certain that the devs/HQ don't know anything about this game since 2008 , I was certain that the devs/HQ are still in 2008 thinking that the game still operates that way. Now I'm 100% certain that we have clueless devs/HQ who don't have the slightest idea of how their game works.

P.s. I'm saying devs/HQ because honestly I don't know who to blame more.

Huntiz

Reservist
Dont' forget is Sector Bonus. It will help ALL the player nearby

Is a support set, not a damager set

Hmm.. there is support role in fortbattles? Because to me, it looks like just new and better murri.. well, until i saw this change
But it makes sense a little bit since we won't be able to upgrade it

AvallachCZ

Reservist
Hmm.. there is support role in fortbattles? Because to me, it looks like just new and better murri.. well, until i saw this change
But it makes sense a little bit since we won't be able to upgrade it
Currently there is no support type.. but there might be if executed well (as I wrote before, keep this as attack sector bonus and add next set with sector def + resistance). With this there could be some interesting tactic in combinations with soldier (as now it is only class that can boost other players... wink wink to class changes). Some planning, some work and this could be a start to new wave of strategies to ff

rel2

Lance Corporal
i like this new set for FF, on old worlds probably not many people will use it, as astor and sousa are just overall better sets for attack/defence, it is a support set after all, dont forget many people on old worlds have union set with murieta riding set which is 215 sector damage, you need around 170 lvl with this new set to match it... i find it only a little bit strong when you are 200 lvl + as the sector damage scales with level, on lvl 215 you have 265 sector damage bonus and good enough skills that with full leadership you can do 1500 dmg per shot yourself + you give 265 bonus to all around you... and on new worlds which i dont care about this set will be probably viable only till christmas till people can get whatever sets they want