• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Day of the Dead 2021 Discussion

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
the anouncement shows: The Day of the Dead event will run from October 19th until November 27th. ingame it shows 15 november .
and isnt it a little bit late to start the event questline on 21 november?
Announcement has been updated, 15th is correct.

On a separate note, we are aware of the issue with bribing the reaper in the event - it is being worked on :).

*Colonel*

Lance Corporal
Here's a little comparison for Jaguar warrior set.

Jaguar weapons and horse/saddle are good. But Clothing set is a huge loss in dodging if compared to Josephine. This means, that still, it is much better to play as melee duelist than firearm -> duelling problem not solved.

If Jaguar sandals had dodging instead of shooting, and jaguar pants gave 0,15 more dodging, there could be a balance in my opinion.

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Here's a little comparison for Jaguar warrior set.

Jaguar weapons and horse/saddle are good. But Clothing set is a huge loss in dodging if compared to Josephine. This means, that still, it is much better to play as melee duelist than firearm -> duelling problem not solved.

If Jaguar sandals had dodging instead of shooting, and jaguar pants gave 0,15 more dodging, there could be a balance in my opinion.
Thank you for your feedback. Please note that not every single aspect of releasing new set is done with the aim of making the (new)items better than all other sets available in the game.

*Colonel*

Lance Corporal
Thank you for your feedback. Please note that not every single aspect of releasing new set is done with the aim of making the (new)items better than all other sets available in the game.
Sure, it's not about making better, but at least equal

TadschMahal

Sergeant

You don't really understand the problem here. It is true that not every new set has to be better than the existing ones, but in this explicit case it is about something else.
There are two types of duelists in TheWest.
One prefers to play with meele weapons and the other prefers to play with firearms.
The big problem is that the shooting sets are often at a disadvantage.
The jaguar set is not supposed to be better than josephine's set, it should just be on par.
If the two sets are equal or almost equal, then range duelists would no longer be at a disadvantage.

If nothing changes in the new set, range duelists will remain at a disadvantage as always.

2.28 dodge vs. 4.2 dodge per level is a massive advantage for all those who prefer to play with meele weapons

If you adjust the new set there is no set that is better or worse and if you don't there will only be one new set that is massively worse.

and i think it's time to equalize melee and range duelists

I don't even have to talk about the new ff set because we all know that it's just no good the way it's shown here. you should rather take the feedback of the players here to heart and adjust the new ff set so that there is finally a balance between attack and defense again.

darkuletzz

Private
The FF set its absolutely atrocious, why should i use this set when i have ann and murrieta, why to spend nuggets or time to obtain this set, when the horse and saddle are worse than murrieta horse and saddle, and the clothes are worse than ann set, even that, the guns are worst than a set released 3 years ago.

Deleted User - 117528

Duel set is fine that way, if you want to complain about duelling that would be the random factor which is lame :D and of course the duel potion pricing that is too high and inefficient so you actually can't enjoy duelling because your lvl duel is too high and you don't have targets :D:D

Aron

Private
The Jaguar Warrior and the Ron items will not be available during Holiday Sale 2021. The items will be available in 2022 in one of the sales however, it will not be in the near future.

The same was written about Cortina and Cortez last year. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't remember any sale with Cortina and Cortez this year, so I guess it is only "copy-paste" with names of the new sets.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Just be careful when you adding "Attack" value to almost every piece as anything 1 and above gets direct +1 when upgraded (to +1) ..

A horrid mistake that had been done with every single piece of Union Officer.

"Sector Attack" could be a nice touch though.
First thing is, that we players, feel a strong disbalance in fortfights due to overpowered Cortina set for defence. Almost any fight def wins in full-to-full fortfights.

So set for fort defence is not needed. That means, that setting traps is nonsense.
Secondly, we have Captain's set which is very good for attack.
Thirdly, there is no good attack set for tank fighters (HP+dodge+hiding+leadership). Karl and Wilson are pretty weak for tanks because they give aiming, instead of higher dodge/hiding/hp/leadership.
But I understand, that this year already 2 tank fighter sets were introduced, and it is unlikely to make Ron's set for this tanky purpose.

Therefore my proposal is to make Ron's set for attack damagers, but without damage sector bonus(we have one in captain set):
1) Substitute setting traps in Ron's set with hiding and leadership in clothing, weapons and horse/saddle.
2) add to Ron pants and belt 1.00 attack bonus
3) Ron weapon damage scale per level should be the same as at least Murrieta weapon -> 2.2 damage/level
4) Ron horse and saddle each should provide a 2.5 attack bonus
5) each weapon provides additionally 2.5 attack bonus

Thus, in attack we will have few damagers in captain sets which give sector bonuses and other damagers with hice aiming Ron's set

Last edited:

*Colonel*

Lance Corporal
Just be careful when you adding "Attack" value to almost every piece as anything 1 and above gets direct +1 when upgraded..

As far as i remember, instant +1 when upgraded only works with first level up on those items that already have 2 attack bonus value, like lucille weapons/horse/saddle. Second upgrade however, doesn’t increase the value at all. Those with basic value 1 gain 1.1 instead after first level

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Just be careful when you adding "Attack" value to almost every piece as anything 1 and above gets direct +1 when upgraded..

As far as i remember, instant +1 when upgraded only works with first level up on those items that already have 2 attack bonus value, like lucille weapons/horse/saddle. Second upgrade however, doesn’t increase the value at all. Those with basic value 1 gain 1.1 instead after first level
Thank you - with any specific request, please post there here or send it via a PM. I will add them to the rest of the ideas :).

JustAMoment

Lance Corporal
Full sector attack support set would be cool, Its sad the last one is still Lee.
Im not saying it has to be Ron (even with he Banjo there i see morale raise potential on battlefield LOL), but in future it could be not that OP/slightly weaker set in exchange for really solid +attack sector bonuses overall to be viable as buff set mostly.

Or just make in future premium one which will give both sector attack,defense buffs in decent values and im happy too :').

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Yes. I meant first upgrade of course.
Otherwise the value needs to be pretty high to receive another +1

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Is Frieda's set better than cortez? If yes , how good? Is it better than ^1 or ^2 , because if not, then its not even worth to participate in this event , people struggle building a church with ^2 cortez If Frieda is not par at being better than a ^2 cortez people still wont be able to build very high church levels. I just realized that Frieda is the free set so I guess it wont be stronger than cortez....

P.s. people asked you so many times to include separate clothing bonuses as well NOT JUST set bonuses, yet you haven't done that a single time , how many times should we ask for clothes to be mentioned as well on how much bonuses they give?