• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Changelog 2.207 - Discussion

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Its not the XP percentage of the lvl like the potions? THEN WOW WHAT A GREAT UPDATE! this update is only time wasting
For now? Yes, but it is a start. I hope high level quests to have high xp per lvl. 100 x lvl per quest sounds good.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
@Loki can you confirm if it's XP percentage of the level or a fixed value that adds up?
low level players would never catch the high level ones.
can you guys stop saying this? they shouldnt catch them in the first place unless they tryhard, with that logic i should join a football academy and moan that pro players should relax a bit so I can catch up , I wont catch up until I TRAIN... smh this mentality of some of you players needs to go it's actually very annoying and disrespectful towards players that play this game longer than some are born.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
can you guys stop saying this? they shouldnt catch them in the first place unless they tryhard, with that logic i should join a football academy and moan that pro players should relax a bit so I can catch up , I wont catch up until I TRAIN... smh this mentality of some of you players needs to go it's actually very annoying and disrespectful towards players that play this game longer than some are born.
I play this game since 2010, but if you want to see new players, you have to give them a chance. If everything is % xp, it would be impossible for them. Some things should have a base amount + % xp or just base xp. Not everything. Quests are nice this way, with xp per lvl, but I'm not sure about jobs. You already earn from daily logs and quests more than the low level players. You can also build a higher level church and do higher level jobs, is it really necessary for everything to be per lvl? Quests? Sure. Everything? No, thanks.

killado

Private
On the 2 quest gives 17 exp, per level. About 3k for level 176. Even for lower levels, still more experience than 100-200 points many quests where giving.

SirTheo

Reservist
I know, but I've learned to keep my expectations very low when it comes to updates on The West. And, to be honest, percentage xp wouldn't be good either, low level players would never catch the high level ones.

One could think of a reward based on a trivial BM25 function with a penalty based on level.

y = ((k+1)x / (x+k)) + x^c + p
where x = player_level, k and c are the main hyperparameters to adjust the penality and p = fixed XP reward.

Example:

set k to 1000, c to 1.6 and p to 500

lvl 10: 550 xp
lvl 100: 2150 xp
lvl 150: 4000 xp

Its a quick sketch of a possible solution. If they came up with the level up xp formula they are able to design such simple formula for the quests reward.

c around 1.8/1.9 is likely to match the level up xp curves but yeah, its just an idea

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
@SirTheo You're right. The current system (this new one) is not good.
If you're lvl 100, you'll get 15 xp/lvl so 1500 xp. If you're lvl 200 you'll get 3000 xp. But you need 30633 xp to level up from lvl 100 and 12238786 xp to lvl up from lvl 200. You need 400 more xp to level up from lvl 200 compared to lvl 100. Double xp from quests is not enough. Your formula is much better.