• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Changelog 2.204 - Discussion

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
Whenever something good is new. Always Run Howled! Why? How Many Duelists in the Top 10 Have Opponents? Seen here and my worlds duel levels example on beta450, 417, 313 example my worlds 354, 204, 270 etc. You asked here in beta for a drink. And now that a drink is coming, howling again? How so why then? If the duelist isn't on Bast, he'll be back in the top top 10 faster and will have to wait a long time before he can use the new potion again. From wait. Perhaps there is also an apron for the worker. That he can't be dueled.

Again the game is called The-West! So a Wild Western game where dueling is also used. That's part of the Wild West :pifpaf:

Pankreas PorFavor

Private First Class
I always knew that my English is not perfect, but I had no idea that it was this difficult to understand....

I support dueling, I am pro-dueling and that's why I asked - InnoGames, for years you separated duelers and non-duelers, you invented DL, you killed 0-mot because boo-hoo poor defenseless workers; and now - potion to drop DL to character level. no more need for bible duels to lower your DL quickly, just spend nuggs/bonds and you can easily duel those poor workers (this will happen, we all know it). that was the first part of my comment - dear InnoGames, were you wrong then, or are you wrong now?
I guess the irony/sarcasm was too cryptic and it went over your heads...

the second part of the comment was a question - with this potion, all (or most duelers) will drop their DL. how is anyone going to be able to complete achievements to reach DL 400 or 450? is it important? maybe no - then remove it from the game.

so yes, I now have 5-10 targets at DL close to 400 and it sucks. but the DL achievements are reachable, even if it is hard. with this potion I will have 2 targets or less if I stay at this DL. this leaves me with a choice - use the potion and have more targets (most of them non-duelers), do everything that InnoGames fought against for years; or stay with even less targets at high DL. then doesn't it make more sense to just remove DL completely?

the legit

Private First Class
A small criticism. You said that the colour of the arrow from fort fights screen was not visible, so you changed it. But from a pale red you chose light green. This is the same color as the fort field...

View attachment 1888 View attachment 1889

This is NOT better.

The proposed solution represents a modest enhancement; however, from a personal standpoint, I would prefer to ascertain the readiness of the swap with a quick visual assessment. Therefore, I suggest incorporating an update similar to the one depicted in the following example:

1691179162535.png

Artem124

Sergeant
Thank you for not reading anything else I wrote and not addressing my actual question - who am I going to duel to get my duel level to 450 (again, since they don't give achievements retroactively)?
look at hj in az.. he got too 450 without a problem
i got too 450 dl after achievement .. took some time and got there
you can also.. not that hard we have multiple 450 dl in your range you can hit to get there faster

Loki

The West Team
A small criticism. You said that the colour of the arrow from fort fights screen was not visible, so you changed it. But from a pale red you chose light green. This is the same color as the fort field...

View attachment 1888 View attachment 1889

This is NOT better.
Sorry. Later I'll update the images with an explanation.
The left is rotation inactive, the right image is rotation active.

The red arrow is the same as before.
The green arrow got a tint change so that it's easier to see when the rotation is active. Especially on mobile browsers.

If it's not ok, I'll forward the feedback.

Pankreas PorFavor

Private First Class
look at hj in az.. he got too 450 without a problem
i got too 450 dl after achievement .. took some time and got there
you can also.. not that hard we have multiple 450 dl in your range you can hit to get there faster

and your DL is below 300 now, isn't it? what will ever make you go back to 450 or near it? nothing, of course. so another target less..
and you did not answer my question - with this potion, who will stay at this high DL except one or two people going for this achievement? you dropped almost 200 levels over a long period of time without the potion, wouldn't you do it in a second if the potion was available? I can go for DL 450 now? are you suggesting I quit my job and duel 24/7 in the next few days before this update hits .net or what? or should I do push duels with someone? or are you saying nobody will use this potion? be realistic for a second - when the potion is introduced, how many people will stay at high DL in AZ (since you mention that world)?

Artem124

Sergeant
im at dl 300 because i already touched dl450 when achievement came out.. i grinded my way up there from dl 330
i dropped now, im pushing back up to dl 450 range ..
some people stay up in dl 450 to play in peace because of less targets

Harsha.1

Private First Class
@Pankreas PorFavor I can empathize with what you said, this change makes it that much harder for achievement hunters to get the duel level achievements now. Heck, with this potion makes duel levels higher than 300 irrelevant as almost everyone would drop back to base.

One possible way I can think of to get the DL450 achievement is to find other achievement hunters, you guys skill to resist and initiate duels (real ones, so it wont be pushing) on each other constantly until everyone in the group manages to get to 450. It seems like a very contrived way to get that achievement, but you have to contrive your way to all the new achievements :P

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
Question? How much true your statement sarcasm?
And you have fun looking for a DL 450 where is not in vacation mode or sleeping in the hotel!
For the duel professional is certainly a found food some bromieren it from, whether it brings what.
( Sarcasm afterwards wen you too much KO and in the hotel a check not rum cry! )

HolmesNick

Reservist
Is such potion worth add it in the current state of the game?
No. It would only be worth introducing if we were also giving something the rest of the game's players.

On the one hand it's very nice that changes are finally being made to the duels, but on the other hand we don't need to bring destruction to the rest of the players.
In short, such a change could do more harm than good to the game. Such a change to a player who doesn't care about duels completely cuts him out of the game to the point where he has to live outside his city. This player will at some point stop playing since what keeps most of us in the game is friendships, chat etc, and that will stop once the player leaves town (or at least decrease exponentially).
"Fixing" the experience of a portion of players doesn't mean we have to screw up the experience of the rest.

An average level of a player is around 170, that player will be able to see from 120 to 240. How exactly will the level 120 player faceoff a 170? I'm not putting upgrades into the equation, because the difference in abilities from clothing is already huge.
In conclusion, I feel that it is wrong for players to be pushed to play out of town and literally on their own and suddenly when you had a full /cityalliance chat, you will be had a dead chat and people will start vanishing randomly.

We should aim to fix the duel formula now that we have a chace, instead of adding game breaking potions/sets etc . People would love to see a new duel formula, instead of this potion.

Kimbo1

Private
what will happen to awards you will never be able to achieve - due to the event will not be available anymore?

Pankreas PorFavor

Private First Class
Question? How much true your statement sarcasm?
And you have fun looking for a DL 450 where is not in vacation mode or sleeping in the hotel!
For the duel professional is certainly a found food some bromieren it from, whether it brings what.
( Sarcasm afterwards wen you too much KO and in the hotel a check not rum cry! )

I would love to reply, but it's hard to understand what you're even asking. I'll try... It would be easier if you just wrote in German
Is there sarcasm in "0-motivation is bad, so here's a potion and you can drop your duel level to be the same as your character level, have more dueling targets, including workers and fort fighters"? I really don't know...
Too much KO? In only world where I duel (AZ) I haven't been KOd in years. anywhere else I am either townless or wearing luck clothes all the time, so you decide how much I care about it :)

Guiri

Corporal
the potion has it's place, on many markets (greece, spain etc) you will get banned if you duel with the bible so for people there the potion is the only way to lower your level. on net it unfortunately makes some achievements impossible unless you organise yourself with some friends, but many new achievements are impossible anyway.

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
I would love to reply, but it's hard to understand what you're even asking. I'll try... It would be easier if you just wrote in German
Is there sarcasm in "0-motivation is bad, so here's a potion and you can drop your duel level to be the same as your character level, have more dueling targets, including workers and fort fighters"? I really don't know...
Too much KO? In only world where I duel (AZ) I haven't been KOd in years. anywhere else I am either townless or wearing luck clothes all the time, so you decide how much I care about it :)
:up:

on many markets (greece, spain etc) you will get banned if you duel with the bible so for people there the potion is the only way to lower your level.
That's crazy. Dueling with bible is essentially the same as dueling a char in work clothes. The outcome is 99% guaranteed. Your CMs should be fired.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
That's crazy. Dueling with bible is essentially the same as dueling a char in work clothes. The outcome is 99% guaranteed. Your CMs should be fired.
Personally I got banned 2 times for dueling with Bible and Razor. The reason of the ban was this:

You cannot initiate a duel with someone while wearing a weapon that has very low damage when you already have a better weapon.

I am still laughing about it , but it is what it is. I found better ways to lower my duel level without getting banned for this stupid logic.