• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Changelog 2.204 - Discussion

Loki

The West Team
Howdy Cowboys and Cowgirls,

feel free to post here any comments and/or questions regarding our 2.204 changelog. :up:

Yours sincerely,
Loki
Community Manager

przemko05

Reservist
Good changelog, the question is whether this arrow will be visible, we'll see ( the script will probably still be better [white])

Loki

The West Team
Good changelog, the question is whether this arrow will be visible, we'll see ( the script will probably still be better [white])

Fort battle green arrow

For some users the arrow's colour while rotating players wasn't visible enough. We have changed the arrow tint to make it more visible.

Example.
Defence.
Attack.

Pankreas PorFavor

Private First Class
"Duel Rollback Potion
"This potion makes your friends and enemies in the prairie forget who you are, as all your dueling experience gets removed.
You appear to be a newcomer in the prairie".
We have created a new duel potion which lowers your duel level to match your character level."

My translation of this is:
"From now on, it will be impossible to reach duel level 450 (well, even less), so forget about that achievement. But, it's going to be easier than ever to drop your duel level and molest those who do not duel, make their gameplay less enjoyable and push them in the direction of quitting the game!"

This potion is nonsense, you're just bringing back 0-motivation dueling. So what is it - is this a bad decision, or was removing 0-mot a bad decision? They can't both be good.

time4sumaksion

Reservist
It is basically an excuse so that those who are dedicated to dueling can lower their level and duel those who do not level up, that is, those who are not dedicated.
Imagine now there will be more players of 40 levels more than your base level dueling workers, and with this difference a defensive set does nothing even more if you aren't skilled for duels vs someone with a lot more levels than you.

Criminus

Private First Class
You guys are just crybabies. In the past the problem was that potion which was too expensive and the reduction was too small and now you found something else to cry about. Duels are unfortunately a key part of the game. If you don’t want duels just leave your town. I want to get that Lincoln Revolver. I think this is one of the best updates in the last couple of years.

Pankreas PorFavor

Private First Class
You guys are just crybabies. In the past the problem was that potion which was too expensive and the reduction was too small and now you found something else to cry about. Duels are unfortunately a key part of the game. If you don’t want duels just leave your town. I want to get that Lincoln Revolver. I think this is one of the best updates in the last couple of years.

Duels are part of the game - without "unfortunately". You want Lincoln's Revolver? well, I want to reach duel level 450 and get that achievement. if I now have less than 10 possible targets to duel, and InnoGames gives them a potion so they can drop their DL to their character level - who am I going to duel? it's enough that some people do bible duels to lower their DL, now they don't even have to do that? InnoGames should have never touched 0mot dueling, and that's the only truth.

Pankreas PorFavor

Private First Class
You had plenty time pal. I do agree with the last part.

sorry, but this "plenty of time" thing is nonsense. did they announce they will do this and give a deadline for August 2023? was I supposed to drop what I was doing and focus on dueling knowing that this is coming? if anything - when they introduced DL achievements they should have awarded them retroactively because I was at 450 years ago. actually, before they capped it at 450 I was above 500.
InnoGames is messing up dueling constantly, this is just another in a never-ending line of bad decisions. instead of fixing what's broken, they go and break it even more.

Richard Maverick

Lance Corporal
But, it's going to be easier than ever to drop your duel level and molest those who do not duel
There are two mechanisms for that
-You can live without a town
-You can knock yourself out and have 72 hr proteccion

Nobody is forcing you to duel

The potion is really a great oportunity for those who duel to have more oponents, if you personally don't like to duel, the game gives you those two possibilities

So yeah, is a good update

(I would also increase the exp, but that's another topic)

PVP is DEAD

Private
"Duel Rollback Potion
"This potion makes your friends and enemies in the prairie forget who you are, as all your dueling experience gets removed.
You appear to be a newcomer in the prairie".
We have created a new duel potion which lowers your duel level to match your character level."

My translation of this is:
"From now on, it will be impossible to reach duel level 450 (well, even less), so forget about that achievement. But, it's going to be easier than ever to drop your duel level and molest those who do not duel, make their gameplay less enjoyable and push them in the direction of quitting the game!"

This potion is nonsense, you're just bringing back 0-motivation dueling. So what is it - is this a bad decision, or was removing 0-mot a bad decision? They can't both be good.
Dont cry. Duels are part of game.
450 duellers cant duel anone and wait 3 years to decrase duel level is nonsense. (Or spend 20.000 + upds and nuggets on poitions)
What i was complaining about everythint what they are doing, this is fist normal step what they did.
Go cry somewhere else.

Pankreas PorFavor

Private First Class
There are two mechanisms for that
-You can live without a town
-You can knock yourself out and have 72 hr proteccion

Nobody is forcing you to duel

The potion is really a great oportunity for those who duel to have more oponents, if you personally don't like to duel, the game gives you those two possibilities

So yeah, is a good update

(I would also increase the exp, but that's another topic)

Thank you for not reading anything else I wrote and not addressing my actual question - who am I going to duel to get my duel level to 450 (again, since they don't give achievements retroactively)?
That's not the only question you ignored - was it a good decision to kill 0-motivation dueling, or is this a good decision to make it easy to drop your DL twice per year without doing bible duels? InnoGames runs in circles and makes changes that cancel previous changes. Because they don't actually know what they're doing.
Dont cry. Duels are part of game.
Go cry somewhere else.

crying? dude, learn to read.. I WANT to duel, I AM actively dueling - but there will be nobody to duel at high levels, it won't be possible to reach DL 450, that's what I am complaining about. at least now they have to do bible duels to drop, from now on they'll just spend a few nuggets or bonds and go down every 6 months. I have 5-6 duel targets now, free potion with next update - will I have 0 targets? why the potion, why not just bring back 0-mot dueling?

PVP is DEAD

Private
Thank you for not reading anything else I wrote and not addressing my actual question - who am I going to duel to get my duel level to 450 (again, since they don't give achievements retroactively)?
That's not the only question you ignored - was it a good decision to kill 0-motivation dueling, or is this a good decision to make it easy to drop your DL twice per year without doing bible duels? InnoGames runs in circles and makes changes that cancel previous changes. Because they don't actually know what they're doing.

crying? dude, learn to read.. I WANT to duel, I AM actively dueling - but there will be nobody to duel at high levels, it won't be possible to reach DL 450, that's what I am complaining about. at least now they have to do bible duels to drop, now they'll just spend a few nuggets or bonds and go down every 6 months. I have 5-6 duel targets now, free potion with next update - will I have 0 targets? why the potion, why not just bring back 0-mot dueling?
0 notivation is for no lifers, decrase duel level will make some players duel again. Most of good duellers are same duel level as they are and always building church or clicking 15s, This will wake up maybe 1-2 old good duellers. Without that it would be 0. This is still better than nothing - i wote finger up for 180 days reset duel level. It will be much better.
Step forward after 1000 years of asking to do something.

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
Well said @Criminus. give you 100% right. leave town. Yes, it means Wild West

Pankreas PorFavor

Private First Class
0 notivation is for no lifers, decrase duel level will make some players duel again. Most of good duellers are same duel level as they are and always building church or clicking 15s, This will wake up maybe 1-2 old good duellers. Without that it would be 0. This is still better than nothing - i wote finger up for 180 days reset duel level. It will be much better.
Step forward after 1000 years of asking to do something.

so you will have people who are now at DL +350 drop to DL 150-190 - and then duel who? the same people they are dueling now at high DL, those who will also drop DL? or they will go after those who are now building churches or clicking 15sec jobs? if they will duel the same people, then they don't need the potion, they can do that today. of course they will duel those who are not dueling today, those with DL = character level. so you think that those players, who are building churches or FFing will re-skill to dueling, is that what you are saying?
do you also think that (especially in older worlds) there will be enough high DL players for anyone to reach DL 450 again?

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Finally, a good update. I hope the potion won't cost more than 1k bonds, though, because the cooldown is high.
I think it's time to increase xp from duels as you did with xp from fort fights. 150% increase sounds right. It would be the same now.
It would be great if I could see a potion like this that changes the character class, without having new class quests. You have the old ones and that's it. It could have a cooldown of 1 year and price exclusively in nuggets to be fair.

PVP is DEAD

Private
so you will have people who are now at DL +350 drop to DL 150-190 - and then duel who? the same people they are dueling now at high DL, those who will also drop DL? or they will go after those who are now building churches or clicking 15sec jobs? if they will duel the same people, then they don't need the potion, they can do that today. of course they will duel those who are not dueling today, those with DL = character level. so you think that those players, who are building churches or FFing will re-skill to dueling, is that what you are saying?
do you also think that (especially in older worlds) there will be enough high DL players for anyone to reach DL 450 again?
Where do you live on that planet? coz it seems that you see maybe only your server where you play. There exists servers where you got 300+ duel level and you can challenge max 3 players.
After this you will be able to duel much more players, what else you want to tell me other nonsenses aor what?
You are talking always about yourself not about something what will chnge pvp systeam finally. But gl wit your playstyle 100000000x per a day challenge 1 players like nolifer with 0% motivation its good but a good cringe. Bye, i will not waste time with that type of players.