• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Day of the Dead 2023 Sets - Feedback

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
  • The free set is interesting, but I don't like the sector multiplayer attack. Why this bonus should be applied to all players from the sector? Did anyone really think tanks survive too long in the current meta? The skills are low, but sector damage is very high, I hope the fort damage formula will change soon.
  • The first set's clothes and weapons are great, but the horse set is too weak. It should be buffed.
  • The clothes for the 2nd set are a bad joke, they're really bad. I'm not sure if there are any viable combinations, but I don't have time and energy to find one right now, I will wait for the items to be introduced in game to test them easier. The horse set for this set is almost the same with cowgirl's +3. Some extra dodging would have been nice. The weapons are also equivalent with cowgirl +3. Again, some dodging would have been a nice addition. Personally I have cowgirl's accordion+3 and I will lose a bunch of damage if I would replace it with this new weapon. So...no thx. I wouldn't change anything, we already have Josephine's and Perry's, I don't think we needed a better set. The weapons and the horse set are ok. Some extra dodging would be perfect.

someone compare free horse set with john astors / sousa horse set.. if its better or worst either or
Unless I am missing something, I would say this new set is vastly superior. Not it terms of points. There they are slightly worse. But for example Astor's horse set gives 0 bonus damage, and these new ones give +73 al lvl 150.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
But for example Astor's horse set gives 0 bonus damage, and these new ones give +73 al lvl 150.
Yeah, but you only need one player per sector with this set, the others can have upgraded astor/sousa for higher attack and damage. This free set is for supports.

Yeah, but you only need one player per sector with this set, the others can have upgraded astor/sousa for higher attack and damage. This free set is for supports.
That is true for attacks. But for defenses it is hard to fit everyone within the same sector. Besides, Astor's horse set was a premium item so it is unlikely many players upgraded them. This free horse set could have a big impact in defenses, at least in my server.

dublik

Lance Corporal
my suggestions:
  1. buff ride set of set 1, as of now, it is very similar to cortez, which is 3 years old at this point
  2. rework set 2, give it toughness, reflex, aiming, shooting (something along the lines of: 800 toughness & 800 reflex, 750 shooting (yes, make it unique), 900 aiming at level 150... and leave the drop chance in there)

thenootz55

Private
Free set: I get this is meant to be a support set, but it gives way too much sector damage. I would personally lower the sector damage from from 0.35 per level to 0.25 per level or even 0.20. Then you can add some sector attack/defense bonus, +2 or +3 for them. This way you won't be buffing the damage too much while also providing support stats.

Set 1: Construction set, not my preference :D However, it does seem to offer good stats. I am just curious about the labor points it gives. For example, the clothes set at level 150 give +225 labor points towards Construction and +150 labor points. Does it mean that when I build the church I get 225*3 (for Construction) + extra 150 overall? If so, this is super good, but it also make it feel too much.

Set 2: @WhyN0t put it perfectly. To me, personally, I find it to be a Musical Cowgirl set with buffed stats. I don't even know what to change here, you could give it more Dodging, but then it feels like Josephine. More Appearance and you have a Perry Owens. In a different thread I purposed a Reflex set similar to Nat's from Valentine - with lower stats cause it can be upgraded. How about something else: Reflex + Aiming/Dodging? We have Bounty Hunter set (for Toughness/Aiming/Dodging) that is still very good, but no counterpart for Reflex/Aiming/Dodging. You can keep the drop chances and experience bonuses on the set, those are fine.

FreeHugs

Lance Corporal
Yeah at least make it unquiqe
Free set: I get this is meant to be a support set, but it gives way too much sector damage. I would personally lower the sector damage from from 0.35 per level to 0.25 per level or even 0.20. Then you can add some sector attack/defense bonus, +2 or +3 for them. This way you won't be buffing the damage too much while also providing support stats.

Set 1: Construction set, not my preference :D However, it does seem to offer good stats. I am just curious about the labor points it gives. For example, the clothes set at level 150 give +225 labor points towards Construction and +150 labor points. Does it mean that when I build the church I get 225*3 (for Construction) + extra 150 overall? If so, this is super good, but it also make it feel too much.

Set 2: @WhyN0t put it perfectly. To me, personally, I find it to be a Musical Cowgirl set with buffed stats. I don't even know what to change here, you could give it more Dodging, but then it feels like Josephine. More Appearance and you have a Perry Owens. In a different thread I purposed a Reflex set similar to Nat's from Valentine - with lower stats cause it can be upgraded. How about something else: Reflex + Aiming/Dodging? We have Bounty Hunter set (for Toughness/Aiming/Dodging) that is still very good, but no counterpart for Reflex/Aiming/Dodging. You can keep the drop chances and experience bonuses on the set, those are fine.
Great idea with the 2nd set

Beef

Lance Corporal
for me that sector bonus is way too much. if this gets implemented you will see me deal 1.9k+ in tanks as normal hit which in entirety is very dumb...imagine everyone else gets a significant boost in damage. would be a step back for this game again.

the horse set is a significant upgrade over what was attack meta before. not better than my lv2 astor in defence (in the right situation) i guess but...it was a nugget horse set

you have to encourage people to play tanks not make everyone reskill to damagers...stop boosting damagers, they deal enough damage as it is

dublik

Lance Corporal
Does it mean that when I build the church I get 225*3 (for Construction) + extra 150 overall?
i believe it purely means its only for building town/fort/circus, in essence its just a fancy way to say labor points, but only for "church". So you only get +225 more construction points.

DaveKing

Private
"The first set's horse set is too weak. It should be buffed." - If I remember correctly paden's horse set was a nugget set. So it's understandable that they don't want to make this as strong.

Emma Swan

Corporal
if devs doesnt want to change crap they are about to release, like church set on new world or dueling set that wont be used for long time, than at least make new Murrieta as main set so that people can upgrade it and dont make its bonuses overkilled. Put at least one proper set. Dotd sets are supposed to be strong. Here one is overpowered, another useless.

Normal player will take a KO and pick products with whole drop set rather than with that new set. You pick berries and get KO anyeay because it wont protect you. Still think resistance dueling set would be better or money luck instead of this but okey. You want people build church from beginning, i get it.

asdf124

Private First Class
That is true for attacks. But for defenses it is hard to fit everyone within the same sector. Besides, Astor's horse set was a premium item so it is unlikely many players upgraded them. This free horse set could have a big impact in defenses, at least in my server.
I llike the free set but I don't understand why they haven't introduced op free ff sets for tanks....(claiborne doesn't really have defense/attack bonuses, so it loses out on those. But its a great "offline but will be on after dying, and sleeping in hotel."

if devs doesnt want to change crap they are about to release, like church set on new world or dueling set that wont be used for long time, than at least make new Murrieta as main set so that people can upgrade it and dont make its bonuses overkilled. Put at least one proper set. Dotd sets are supposed to be strong. Here one is overpowered, another useless.

Normal player will take a KO and pick products with whole drop set rather than with that new set. You pick berries and get KO anyeay because it wont protect you. Still think resistance dueling set would be better or money luck instead of this but okey. You want people build church from beginning, i get it.
I disagree, the set would be too OP, and would most likely kill the latest sets for tanks.

Emma Swan

Corporal
Thats why I said nerf it a bit. More stats, less sector bonuses. Dmg set as Murrieta but stronger is a good way to go. Because practically you can fight with it whole year and those coming after wont be able to get it during the xmas. I would personally lower down sector dmg and divide it to att and def. For example horse set def, guns att etc. But thats just the way I would preer that thats all :D Also, with current ff formula, sous puts down even current new tank set so it doesnt matter tbh.

I would prefer buff set with resistance sector bonus. We all know being a tank means praying to god not get KO in 2nd round.

thenootz55

Private
i believe it purely means its only for building town/fort/circus, in essence its just a fancy way to say labor points, but only for "church". So you only get +225 more construction points.
That's what I had in mind as well, same as "+x labor point for Working as a Bartender" I guess then

JohnCenaaa

Reservist
Free set:

Slightly better horse set with some leadership. Sector damage bonuses are low compared to others. Looks like everyone is forgetting here, we have Gringo with +150, Golden horse set with +80 (at lvl 150) and Siringo clothing with 57 sector damage. You can do all non premium if you really want unreal check, Muri gives 45 sector damage. Only highest contribution for sector damage count, so possible you already receive much higher sector bonuses to this date, and you will not feel any change on damage. Giving like +17 attack bonuses is also small, it does not translate as +10% chance to hit, more like you will do one or two extra hits due to high luck of formula.

Construction Set:

All the old worlds need, not just the soon to be dead new world where maybe 100 players play. I can't reach my church with lvl 1 Paden and Cortez horse set without work buffs. Sad reality. So, I need to buy like 6 Paden chests with a lot of cash to build it like for some month or get almost free a better set. I take my chance with the cards.

Duel set:

Cowgirl 2.0 good idea as it was really old the OG ones. Weapons can finally do some damage for free. I don't mind the product drop bonus since you only have two choices to get any nowadays. Fisherman and Skeleton, don't mind a 3rd option. Maybe a little more experience boost would be great on clothing.

Peace