• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

State of the recent updates.

Are you satisfied with the contribution from the west developers in the recent updates?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

DeletedUser1406

If the company actually invested onto the game and hired many more developers none of this questions should arise. You have 2 developers ( assuming both work part time ) why not hire 2 or 3 more that will work full time and they can provide with more ideas and solutions?
Because they have 0 ideas on how game development works - their focus is 100% on making money and keeping the game alive. As I said, it's the Product Owner/Manager you have to blame for the state this game has been in, for the past 10 years :p.

But don't trust me, trust their LinkedIn profiles, all public data :p.

1690059149953.png

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Player retention was so "good" that TW has at least 10 times fewer players than 10 years ago.

A few years ago some serious decisions should have been made about this game. Now I'm afraid it's too late.
The West 3.0 should have been introduced with a new interface, new admin tools, mobile app, improved pvp with better rewards and possibly a new PvP mode and a series of starter missions to encourage new players to play, including on older servers, with a final reward consisting in a set with xp and drop chance (below best in slot sets, but decent for a beginner who has no friends to donate items or money). It wasn't that complicated stuff, but it should have been done years ago. Also, I don't think lvl 250 should have ever been introduced. Just level 200 with changes to character classes and pvp formulas, and new jobs should have been slightly tweaked to be doable at slightly lower levels.

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
Be her Erich. Since new LCM has changed a lot! 2008 to the video 2019 there were few innovations.

Leiaut, a few new work and level. And that was all.

And now where level 250 ( 150+ ) there is new work, new items, new addition counterparts etc. Are they still complaining?

And the new LCM is only 3 years in office. And has put a lot on the legs. As an ex LCM

It is missing for duelists PVP and very good reward. Fights should also get better rewards. And yes you should increase EP for work, adventure, duels and fk.

And on the character class should go over the books again

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Player retention was so "good" that TW has at least 10 times fewer players than 10 years ago.

A few years ago some serious decisions should have been made about this game. Now I'm afraid it's too late.
The West 3.0 should have been introduced with a new interface, new admin tools, mobile app, improved pvp with better rewards and possibly a new PvP mode and a series of starter missions to encourage new players to play, including on older servers, with a final reward consisting in a set with xp and drop chance (below best in slot sets, but decent for a beginner who has no friends to donate items or money). It wasn't that complicated stuff, but it should have been done years ago. Also, I don't think lvl 250 should have ever been introduced. Just level 200 with changes to character classes and pvp formulas, and new jobs should have been slightly tweaked to be doable at slightly lower levels.
The definition of money brings the greediness on you. They made millions of euros so why bother make an app or do something about the game? So much money I wonder where did it go?

Oh right, pay an LCM ridiculous amount of money so she doesn't do anything without us players bashing her every now and then. Pay less than 600 euro for the CM's and don't give a single cent to the supporters who do the most job.

What a disgrace of a company.

DeletedUser500

Be her Erich. Since new LCM has changed a lot! 2008 to the video 2019 there were few innovations.

Leiaut, a few new work and level. And that was all.

And now where level 250 ( 150+ ) there is new work, new items, new addition counterparts etc. Are they still complaining?

And the new LCM is only 3 years in office. And has put a lot on the legs. As an ex LCM

It is missing for duelists PVP and very good reward. Fights should also get better rewards. And yes you should increase EP for work, adventure, duels and fk.

And on the character class should go over the books again
Okay I thought i was done with this topic, but there's some ignorance to try and correct.

The level cap increase was Etriel's last "F you" to The West.
Lenka, as far as I know, just decided to push it out before it was ready.

100 new levels we didn't need released all at once, 20+ new jobs and products, 0 quests, 0 crafts, 0 attention to PvP.
Since then we've had numerous "high level" quests with pathetic rewards for their level, and a little bit more exp from fort battles (still less than a daily log in though).

The level cap was the biggest mistake in this games history, so trying to spin it as a good thing for the WRONG LCM is silly.
Any content the current LCM has made has been trash.

To her credit, she gave us 2 months of Classic.

DeletedUser500

We ask everyone to follow our rules on this forum, otherwise, we will have to close this thread. This is where we draw the line. If we see one more insult or anything else that is against our rules, it will make us take the necessary steps that have already been said.

So please stay on topic and be civil in this discussion.
Saying you'll close an entire thread instead of moderating the individual rule-breaker is definitely how we get a troll coming to get the thread closed.

@lulumcnoob you misunderstood me. It's about 2010 to 2023. Really nothing clever arrived. And I said you can change character bonuses. And what about the PVP players.
And you know that I use different expressions than those who have a better education.
Fair enough buddy.

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
The poll should've had a different question.

Should Lenka(LCM) resign or not?

My answer is x10000 times YES , because she is simply not the person that should manage to what should be done for the game , she has no idea about the game and sadly she is getting paid A LOT OF MONEY for doing absolutely nothing good for the community.
that's kinda rude bro

Criminus

Private First Class
In the field I am working I have encountered the same issues and I was asking the same questions.
Why is this company doing this? Why nobody does anything about it? Etc.
They were just simply following a programme which was already made by former employees (employees at that time).

Maybe this is the case with The-West. You ever thought about that? Maybe there was a programme / roadmap already made by the former LCM which was approved by the HQ and Lenka only did her job.

Now we can check that by rewatching the video in which Etriel was a narrator.

Bullies.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Then why not release the roadmap to the community to see what you want to do? That way they will have a more positive and completed feedback. What's there to hide? There used to be a roadmap so why discontinue it? Is there something that we shouldn't see? Does it say at the end of the roadmap "switch the plug off"?

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
In the field I am working I have encountered the same issues and I was asking the same questions.
Why is this company doing this? Why nobody does anything about it? Etc.
They were just simply following a programme which was already made by former employees (employees at that time).

Maybe this is the case with The-West. You ever thought about that? Maybe there was a programme / roadmap already made by the former LCM which was approved by the HQ and Lenka only did her job.

Now we can check that by rewatching the video in which Etriel was a narrator.

Bullies.

Criminus

Private First Class
Exactly. My guess is that Lenka only worked her pre made roadmap.
Then why not release the roadmap to the community to see what you want to do? That way they will have a more positive and completed feedback. What's there to hide? There used to be a roadmap so why discontinue it? Is there something that we shouldn't see? Does it say at the end of the roadmap "switch the plug off"?
I don’t have an answer for this. Maybe it’s their policy not to make it public. I totally agree with you. Most of the games are making an overall roadmap public for the players but who knows …

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
They almost always failed with their Public roadmaps.. that's why.

That video says nothing either.
Even if they plan some great changes it's basically not possible without investing on the game/full time Devs and QA guys which no longer exists for years.

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
ex team member as well as player as well as our moderator. Närvt off our insults. It is about politeness.

PVP is DEAD

Private
80% of you njubs are mad at the wrong people, and it doesn't merit an admin coming in and explaining what developers do, even if others have.
I did a phone call to InnoGames because i wanted to ask them why they stopped taking care about The West and they told me there is only 1 man who can ansfer me about this game because no one else is in InnoGames who take care about this game. Polite woman told me if i want to catch him to make a phone call with him i have to be very lucky because he doesent spend time in company.
I wrote to 10 emails of InnoGames and The West about very important questions (not about updates) The emails i sended 1.1.2023 never got ansfered until today to any of them.

I dont understand why you waste your time with complaining i really dont understand there are games what get updates....

The faster you will realise that nothing will change the faster you will be happier person.

Game is DEAD you will not make new players, never.