• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Soldier unfair bonus + other inbalances

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Soldier bonus in duel is unfair. Having double hp and 50% more tactics is way too strong. This is not even supposed to be a duel class, it was supposed to be strong in forts, but it's great in both, especially in duel which is illogical because there is a duelist class. If you know what you're doing and know how to combine clothes you cannot be KO, not even with a raid form 5-6 people. In addition, you will win most duels received in the raid due to the tactical bonus that allows you to get enough shooting, aiming, dodging etc. out of clothes without too much effort, because tactics is hard to get and when you get it out of clothes, you lose a lot of vigor, shooting and aiming. This is not an issue for a soldier, because he can get 500 extra tactics ex oficio. Even only 300 extra tactics can be the equivalent of ~1000 other dueling skills, because it's hard to get tactics from one point. I will show you one example here. (870 skills lost: aiming, dodging and vigor)
tw comparison 3.pngtw comparison 2.png
All other classes are at a disadvantage here.
The duelist has a tactical advantage because he can attack from a distance and you don't know when and if he attacks you and he is also very good at fort battles, the worker is decent/good at fort battles and construction/level progression and the adventurer is completely useless everywhere, I don't understand why you don't buff this class once.
The soldier is great everywhere. Great at forts as a tank (even a support full leadership, but not as good as a tank) and OP in duels. 10 years ago when i had to pick my class, i couldn't know which class is the best, all seemed balanced, but they're not. We can't change classes and we don't get any balance anytime soon. What are we suppose to do? Unionist set is still OP, especially on the defensive side (which is already strong), now we have a gringo weapons infusion thanks to the well-deserved gifts of the admins and helpers, that's coming after a year of terrible sets (extremely weak). InnoGames wtf are you doing?

Edit: Please, edit the title in "The soldier's unfair bonus + other inbalances", i tried to edit myself before posting but i pressed enter instead of backspace.

JustAMoment

Lance Corporal
Yea classes werent made for basic values like having 1000 tactics, 2000 leadership. (both need nerf on soldier imh because its providing simply too much for single class). Its sad and im still hoping there is gonna be rebalance in the "big tw" update because its really needed. Soldiers became real problem in duels. And definition of antifun when you duel them actually, i think the fact you are basically unable to kill them is alone one thing, but they shouldnt be even this good in defense in general and everything should have option of counter play.

I really hope tactic gets removed from soldier, and adventurers will get some love. (well more bonuses are too old, and kinda pointless and might use some buff in current game, we are not in 2014 west anymore sadly)

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
I'm afraid this big update is a scam.
Not to mention that adding level 200 with the current geometric progression for xp would produce tragic changes. Nobody would have lvl 200 and if everyone will reskill on construction I think it would be a sure start towards the end of the west. Because there will be no pvp, no duels, no forts, just boring church construction.

RazLaBuse

Reservist
Soldier bonus in duel is unfair. Having double hp and 50% more tactics is way too strong. This is not even supposed to be a duel class, it was supposed to be strong in forts, but it's great in both, especially in duel which is illogical because there is a duelist class. If you know what you're doing and know how to combine clothes you cannot be KO, not even with a raid form 5-6 people. In addition, you will win most duels received in the raid due to the tactical bonus that allows you to get enough shooting, aiming, dodging etc. out of clothes without too much effort, because tactics is hard to get and when you get it out of clothes, you lose a lot of vigor, shooting and aiming. This is not an issue for a soldier, because he can get 500 extra tactics ex oficio. Even only 300 extra tactics can be the equivalent of ~1000 other dueling skills, because it's hard to get tactics from one point. I will show you one example here. (870 skills lost: aiming, dodging and vigor)
View attachment 649View attachment 650
All other classes are at a disadvantage here.
The duelist has a tactical advantage because he can attack from a distance and you don't know when and if he attacks you and he is also very good at fort battles, the worker is decent/good at fort battles and construction/level progression and the adventurer is completely useless everywhere, I don't understand why you don't buff this class once.
The soldier is great everywhere. Great at forts as a tank (even a support full leadership, but not as good as a tank) and OP in duels. 10 years ago when i had to pick my class, i couldn't know which class is the best, all seemed balanced, but they're not. We can't change classes and we don't get any balance anytime soon. What are we suppose to do? Unionist set is still OP, especially on the defensive side (which is already strong), now we have a gringo weapons infusion thanks to the well-deserved gifts of the admins and helpers, that's coming after a year of terrible sets (extremely weak). InnoGames wtf are you doing?

Edit: Please, edit the title in "The soldier's unfair bonus + other inbalances", i tried to edit myself before posting but i pressed enter instead of backspace.
I completely agree with you my man. Something must be done about these, the new sets with higher stats help the soldiers even more; the duelist class is a joke now.

RazLaBuse

Reservist
This issue has been highlighted for years. InnoGames for sure knows about it but have chosen not to do anything about it.
That's true but the new sets are way too overpowered (bonuswise), getting to 700-800 tactic just from the set bonus alone is easy - that means 1050-1200 'free' tactic for a soldier - even soldiers themselves have a hard time trying to figure out how to beat fellow soldier duellers.

DeletedUser500

It's pretty much always been the case that the soldier class were the best duellers and the duellist class were the best soldiers for Fort battles.

However, I think there have been vague hints that they want to visit class-balancing, once they've dealt the the burden of the "big update" that was never thought out and should never have been announced, but it was and now we're stuck in limbo.

mastadont.

Staff Sergeant
the west is there for InnoGames
it never has been there for the players
get over it.... it will never be for the players.... it's all about the money for InnoGames... nothing more

Last edited by a moderator:

mastadont.

Staff Sergeant
Totally agree but lets be real , if we speak no one hear us so it's pointless, its like talking to a wall.. Although I am optimistic and I hope we get character class changes with the big update , if not many players will quit this game unfortunately.

there never will be a big update because InnoGames doesn't have the man-power on this game for it
or do they even want it.
learn the rules.... they can do or promise whatever they want to... and never have to show anything for it.
they only want you to buy nuggets for useless crap, and if they see a lot of players buy something?
they make it hard to get or raise the price.
just play for free... using nuggets?? you are a fool to do so

Deleted User - 117528

Toughness / Reflex is the way against soldiers. Indeed, you can't KO them. But you can win almost every duel if u're smart ;)

And appearance and tactics are not the only factor that define a duel. I've lost duel with 1200 apperance against 0 tactic :D random is too big sometimes.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Toughness / Reflex is the way against soldiers. Indeed, you can't KO them. But you can win almost every duel if u're smart ;)

And appearance and tactics are not the only factor that define a duel. I've lost duel with 1200 apperance against 0 tactic :D random is too big sometimes.

But imagine having to KO someone and the only players you see available for duel are soldiers because your dueling level is to high and there are no duelers available then what are you going to do then? I am referring to the dumb quests that requires you to KO someone in duel. Not only you cant lower your duel level but some local servers ban you for deliberately trying to do so.

Deleted User - 117528

But imagine having to KO someone and the only players you see available for duel are soldiers because your dueling level is to high and there are no duelers available then what are you going to do then? I am referring to the dumb quests that requires you to KO someone in duel. Not only you cant lower your duel level but some local servers ban you for deliberately trying to do so.
Same problem on my server, my duelling lvl is too high and I have only 2-3 people that I can duel. @Al35ul CM how about that potion price to be reducted not only on beta ? We really need that to can enjoy pvp. Or maybe this game isn't about pvp anymore? :njub: