• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Pumpkin hunt discussion

Leones

Master Sergeant
Former Team Member
We have limited the amount of pumpkins you can find, you can not find more than 40 during the pumpkin hunt. The chance should still be the same though.

that means the nugget buyers that are already way past that amount win again and have lots of stuff, and the rest of us will struggle to get much of anything, bummer.
Oh well this saves me from spending my bonds on buffs to work more jobs

DeletedUser4438

I don't like the 40 pumpkin limit.
I mean there should be better solutions. People that play really actively usually should have the chance to get rewarded for that.
Playing with the droprate should be a better idea.
The best idea to combine that should be a droprate that depends on the amount of pumpkins you already found. People that didnt find any pumpkins yet would start with a pretty high droprate, which is kinda motivating, too. And the more you find the further the droprate decreases.
Just as an idea, I don't know if its too complicated to implement :D

ChickenMcGuy

Tombstone Sole Survivor
The West Team
This solutions I think one of the worst one. Why not change it to pumpkins drop more pumpkins for quest and less good stuff, but you still can find more than 40? It still be fair enough, we had yesterday so many active players, that's what west need, activity, what now will be missed again (yesterday I was at Saloon 2 chatroom, with 150+ players!), so now we got again less activity and online players...

Leones

Master Sergeant
Former Team Member
The players who have gained more than 40 pumpkins so far do indeed have it a little better, but that is why it's a beta. It is tested here and if the balance is off, it is adjusted before it is activated on the regular worlds.

The limit is there to avoid excessive amounts of items gained by the most active players, compared to less active players. We don't want the gap to widen, as it already is quite large.
It will still take some effort to get 40 pumpkins during the event, so the overall activity should still increase.

DeletedUser4435

Sounds good, but there will be little problem with multiacc on the regular worlds i think ,bcs many people will want to maximize their chance to get sets. :/

DeletedUser4427

40 seems pretty low, getting 40 pumpkin in 12days (assuming it runs for 12 days in other servers) seems very easy, login in for 30 min a day Que sleep and repeat you will get 40 pumpkin in 8 days without any kind premium or buff. Please increase the number so that it will take some effort to reach the max pumpkin count , make it just as hard as getting the groom set or the john rolf sets.

DeletedUser4438

How do people know that they already found 40 pumpkins? A streak of bad luck can easily make you think you've reached your limit.
There should be something informing you about how many you found at least. I'm not a friend of a limit. There are much better solutions. I presented one of them, that I can imagine above. Other ideas in the chats were decreasind the general droprate of pumpkins, or the chance to get chests, which are in my opinion both not ideal for less active players, but still better options than limiting the amount to 40.
I don't see a problem in increasing the droprate for the first pumpkins and decreasing it the more you get, since it perfectly keeps the balance between active and less active players. Less active players won't have that much of a disadvantage and more active players will still have a chance to get their little advantage. How you scale it is not my part, its just the basic idea.

TheMegaira

Private First Class
the important thing should be to get the pumpkins for the quests very fast. it wouldnt be fair if someone gets the pumkins right away and others couldnt get them with the 40.
cancel the chance to get a chest, buffs are reward enough :)

asdf124

Private First Class
the important thing should be to get the pumpkins for the quests very fast. it wouldnt be fair if someone gets the pumkins right away and others couldnt get them with the 40.
cancel the chance to get a chest, buffs are reward enough :)
That's the only reason peeps enjoyed this event and now you are asking for that to be withdrawn from normal events?

Also, I bet christmas, 2018 event has a pretty great sets to look forward to, so I would think that InnoGames might have made this event specifically for that process.

Leones

Master Sergeant
Former Team Member
Making the drop rate decrease as you find more is an interesting idea, but sadly not feasible to implement for this year.

Sounds good, but there will be little problem with multiacc on the regular worlds i think ,bcs many people will want to maximize their chance to get sets. :/
Those players will of course be punished.

ChickenMcGuy

Tombstone Sole Survivor
The West Team
About delete limit and pumpkins give more quest pumpkin(10/7 or 8 will be quest pumpkins) and chests only about 1/200 drop chance?

TheMegaira

Private First Class
That's the only reason peeps enjoyed this event and now you are asking for that to be withdrawn from normal events?
the only reason? its the first time u can find chests in pumpkins ....save your bonds to buy sets at christmas, for the last years that was enough .
i like the quest .....
why so greedy? i hate it .....

asdf124

Private First Class
the only reason? its the first time u can find chests in pumpkins ....save your bonds to buy sets at christmas, for the last years that was enough .
i like the quest .....
why so greedy? i hate it .....
Greedy?
in what why is that even greedy? Everyone has a chance, and I know my luck.

Lol, so save 3k to buy chests, are you serious?

I have known many players who do that and many more who don't.

I know I have but with an event like this, I believe it is one of the better ones that will not last long due to certain players.

The reason being is that, players take a long time to put effort and what you are suggesting is simply to reward em with just 3 skill points, buffs or premium buffs(medals and the vip) which is simply not good enough to do over 450 jobs in 112.5 min.

TheMegaira

Private First Class
there are a lot of quests, where u get less than a skillpoint as a reward, i dont know why InnoGames create a new event to get more and more ....we got enough events to get sets. the quest is realy nice, even without the other pumpkins. ....at my opinion the quest is the important and funny thing and not an event during another event .

DeletedUser4219

About delete limit and pumpkins give more quest pumpkin(10/7 or 8 will be quest pumpkins) and chests only about 1/200 drop chance?

You can buy pumpkins on the market, so dont rise the quest pumpkins drop rate. (I think it is too high now)

quis

Private First Class
And with the restriction of 40 pumpkins it is really assured to find the 9 needed smaller pumpkins? I know statistics...

And the argument "You can buy it on the market" is a little bit weak. The prices will raise to heaven and you can't afford it sometimes or the needed pumpkins won't be on the market (someone buys all from the market to remove them, or to sell it for an even higher price...)

Waiting for next year? In the announcement there was mentioned that this is a one time only event?