• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Imbalanced and unfair nugget payments among different servers

Erdogan

Reservist
Hello,

I've moved to Ankara in Turkey and out of a boredom I've started to play https://www.the-west.org/. The first thing I've immediately noticed is how cheap gold nuggets are here. As you can see, when I've created an account with a Turkish IP I have this bundle. The 4750 nuggets cost approximately 25 EUR.

01.png

However, when you create it from any other location you get lied on. Lets say, you are a German player, who wants to start playing on Turkish server and you create an account with German IP address (location), you want to know what will you get?

1685718452548.png
That's right...4750 nuggets for 80 EUR, while other players have it for 3 times less.

Now... some of you might come up with an idea? Ok let's just start (you have to create a brand new account) with an Turkish IP address through VPN on German or any other server, so we will have bundles 4750 nuggets for 25 euros. However, that doesn't work. They have it covered. You will get it converted - in this case in Turkish Liras (TL) what you should have paid in Euros. This works in any other currency.

Untitled-2.jpg

Loki

The West Team
Howdy,

I read it all but what I don't understand is: what's the question/issue? :)

Nuggets on the Turkish market are cheaper for people living in Türkiye but only there.
The current exchange rate is: 1 Euro = 22.41 Turkish lira. The players there are heavily affected by inflation.

Many (most) games have different purchase prices, or in-game purchases, based on location. Türkiye is usually on the cheaper side.

The people living in Türkiye (with Turkish IP) do not have discounts on other markets so this issue does not affect other markets at all.
On some/other games it does but not here.

Yours sincerely,
Loki
Community Manager

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
For the first time in my life, some people want to be in the place of Turks. My European brothers, we can happily switch places.
No brother we don't want , we just want to have fair markets in all worlds. Of course the situation in Turkyie is not good and no one would wish to be in place of them.

Guiri

Corporal
How can they have an advantage if they don’t make money? Explain …
having level 4-5 gear and paying mcuh less to get it. also not everyone in germany earns average wage either plus much higher cost of living and needing medical insurance etc. just comparing a set number of currency can be misguiding.
if people only stay on their native server I don't see a problem with having different prices for nuggets. last event on turkish server the winner had 4k+ duels, on colorado .net I think it was about 500-600. the problem would be if turkish server migrated to net. would they still be allowed to buy heavily discounted nuggets but other people on the same server would pay far more? that would definitely be unfair. some people would also argue that what they bought before on their server with cheap nuggets would be unfair. I wouldn't care much about this as the sets are exponential these days so whatever they bought would be superseeded by a free set in the next 6 months.

Beef

Lance Corporal
Say all what you want but don't talk negative about my country Türkiye (or its Leader) on an international forum.
Especially if u are living here.

Feel free to leave if u don't like.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

anyway, as ontopic...lots of markets have different product prices for different countries (outside of this game). how exactly those prices are established is a bit of an enigma to me as i live in a sorta poor country and always pay the same prices as everyone in europe for all the newly released games.

at the end of the day, if it's only turkish market, i don't really care...but it would be nice to pay less (or more) for nuggets based on the average salary of the country you live in

Loki

The West Team
if turkish server migrated to net. would they still be allowed to buy heavily discounted nuggets but other people on the same server would pay far more? that would definitely be unfair
No. Turkish players playing on other markets pay the same as everyone else.