• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Drop Rate on Saws

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
Would it be possible to increase the drop rate on saws, as dropping 1 per hour is extremely depressing.
No one wants to collect them, as there are hundreds of other jobs that pay a lot better.
A job like that should drop at least 3 per hour in my honest opinion.
That would definately make it worthwhile, to enable lower level players to earn some money
There is always a severe shortage of them on the market, or players that do farm them, want up to 1000 each for them
Please consider this request

Last edited:

DeletedUser3981

you are right

Totaly a good idea the drop change of the saws is even for high level players not good so please change this

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
Don't really see the problem there for someone with $100m :p I don't think the game should be made easier every time a challenge is encountered.

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
Don't really see the problem there for someone with $100m :p I don't think the game should be made easier every time a challenge is encountered.
It isn't a problem for me Diggo11, so stop assuming it is
One day I will ask for something for the betterment of the community and get a positive reaction from you
You have managed to ignore or shoot down every proposal I have made in the last 12 months (Well done)
It happens to be for the benefit of lower level members, to make the job worthwhile for them, is that really so difficult for you to understand?

Last edited:

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
I fail to see how increasing supply and flat demand will benefit low level players collecting them for cash; it only appears to benefit those who want cheaper prices.

I've endorsed a number and disagreed with others over the past couple of years, I'm sorry you feel that's personal.

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
I fail to see how increasing supply and flat demand will benefit low level players collecting them for cash; it only appears to benefit those who want cheaper prices.

I've endorsed a number and disagreed with others over the past couple of years, I'm sorry you feel that's personal.
Thats another incorrect assumption
The effort required to get saws, doesn't equeal the benefits needed, due to the poor drop rate, so there is always a shortage of them, as no one is willing to farm them for such a poor return
Example: 5 tobacco per hour = 400 each = $2000 per hour
Example: 10 wood per hour X 200 each = $2000 per hour
(I can give you lot's more examples)
Example: 1 saw per hour = $600/$700 per hour
Now tell me who is interested in farming saws, at such a low drop rate
There is a demand for them and the lower level players can't benefit from it

Is your cup always half empty Diggo11, as you always manage to find the down side of everything :(

Don't really see the problem there for someone with $100m :p
Oh! and PS: You wasn't even close on the amount I have in the bank :D
http://prntscr.com/754bja

Last edited:

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
Thats another incorrect assumption
The effort required to get saws, doesn't equeal the benefits needed, due to the poor drop rate, so there is always a shortage of them, as no one is willing to farm them for such a poor return
Example: 5 tobacco per hour = 400 each = $2000 per hour
Example: 10 wood per hour X 200 each = $2000 per hour
(I can give you lot's more examples)
Example: 1 saw per hour = $600/$700 per hour
Now tell me who is interested in farming saws, at such a low drop rate
There is a demand for them and the lower level players can't benefit from it
Exactly. If the drop rate was higher like the examples you give, there would be no immediate shortage and they wouldn't sell for any exceptional amount of money. Just one more product to sell... and a load of time saved for you.

Is your cup always half empty Diggo11, as you always manage to find the down side of everything :(
You'd be alone in arguing we need less critical thinking in regards to the game updates ;)

DeletedUser

..being one of those who collect all their stuff on their own, I have to admit that saws are one of the most horrible things to collect... it wouldn't matter if they were used in some high-level crafting recipes only, but since they're needed for quite a lot of crafting stuff (as raw product or in the form of resin) and additionally for quite some quests, I support a decent raise of the drop rate - 200% per hour with 5 golden picks won't be too much at all.

In general, I would welcome a change in the job system that would pay out for huge LP numbers; the +50% bonus when reaching 5 golden pickaxes is a step in the right direction, but all additinal LP are somewhat 'wasted' (since EXP/$$ gains are minimalistic in that range, too);
what about raising the drop rates by 5% (amount to be discussed) for every additional star? (on base drop rates, not absolute %s)

It would be nice if the 'knowledge' a player brings in is affecting the outcome a bit more;
It's somewhat frustrating when the apprentice gardener, bringing in 135 LP, gets the same 3.78 tomatoes as the veteran farmer with 1k+ LP.
Or in case of the saws, sawing wood with 1k LP is like being Chuck Norris, sawing the wood with bare hands so he can take all saws around with him ;)

All in all, since we have a market, it's not only the pro players who would benefit from the better drop rates; personally, I really like to help new players/ characters with products when needed - but this dendency to help decreases rapidly with the amounts in my inventory & the drop rate of the products in question.

If someone thinks that the game is already too easy, I have to agree on that - but well, that's not because of any product drops being too high, but due to the 'quick start' EXP insanity (lvl 100 in 2 days..) and the overpowered event sets, relativizing any given noob skill and turn the ones with the most real money into 'top players'.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I agree that is should be raised. Even my level 125 players in best gear do not get 100% drop rate. I think it is around 87%. At least make it similar to jugs drop rate witch I think is around 145% or so.

DeletedUser2271

There is another job that gives saws... over 95% of the ones i got was from the other job since it´s "easier" to get 2 there in 1 hour.

DeletedUser

There are several jobs to get saws. If you want the best chance to drop saws, you have to do the job sawing wood. The other jobs drop randomly.

DeletedUser3689

Maybe you would like to explain why?

saws are not difficult to get now, especially with cash. the game has done nothing but get easier and easier over the last few years. there is zero reason that players cannot farm for or buy saws or resin etc...

DeletedUser

I feel drop rate is somewhat compensating with ability to get saws on 3 different jobs. And from my experience, better source of saws are players that farm travelling merchant job.

And also if you want more players to farm them, just offer to pay more for it :)

Looking at beta market now, plenty of saws there at decent prices. It's all supply and demand, don't see any problem here.

DeletedUser

Looking at beta market now, plenty of saws there at decent prices. It's all supply and demand, don't see any problem here.

Fully agree, I farm products on several worlds and sell them at the market. Sometimes I am the only one selling, sometimes other people flood the market. I estimated a fair price for my products (i.e. $950 for one oil) and sell them constantly for that price.
Sometimes people have oil in for $1500, sometimes for $450. If my oil doesn't sell (roughly in around 10% of the times) I just wait.

Iceman, if you want more saws, pay more. If you are worried about little players needing money, offer to pay more or donate. But I believe (and I know you will strongly disagree) that you just want very quickly another lets say 5000 chewing tobaccos and are not willing to wait and to pay more.

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
Iceman, if you want more saws, pay more. If you are worried about little players needing money, offer to pay more or donate. But I believe (and I know you will strongly disagree) that you just want very quickly another lets say 5000 chewing tobaccos and are not willing to wait and to pay more.
You need to get the facts before criticising my intentions, or just shut up.
Ask my town members about my generosity where products and buffs are concerned, before being so critical
I just gave .dracula. enough products at cost price, to move him from Level 300 to level 600 Crafting in 24 hours
I also give my town members Free Tea, Chewing Tobacco and Free Filtered Cigarettes in return for church construction, as they don't wages for their efforts
Don't take my word for it, just ask some of them

DeletedUser

You need to get the facts before criticising my intentions, or just shut up.
Ask my town members about my generosity where products and buffs are concerned, before being so critical
I just gave .dracula. enough products at cost price, to move him from Level 300 to level 600 Crafting in 24 hours
I also give my town members Free Tea, Chewing Tobacco and Free Filtered Cigarettes in return for church construction, as they don't wages for their efforts
Don't take my word for it, just ask some of them

Doesn't really matter if you keep it to yourself or give it out as wage compensation for the construction of your church to keep up in the town ranking. You are asking for something to make the game easier.

See it as a challenge. Now you can farm saws yourself even easier with latest update. Just put several ours in, use nuggets to speed it up and you have infinite saws. :up: