• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

10 Minute Cooldown after using Buffs is now Obselete

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
I fail to understand why a 10 minute cooldown is required after a player uses Chewing Tobacco or Sleeping Blankets or Tea or Rose Water.
What is it supposed to accomplish?
I frequently do 25 X 15 second jobs on Lead a Trade Office and sit doing nothing for 3 to 4 minutes waiting to use Chewing Tobacco to continue after each 25 X 15 second jobs.
While doing 1500 X 15 second jobs I waste 3 mins 45 seconds waiting to use another Chewing Tobacco, to bring the Work Motivation back to 100%.
Thats 60 Chewing Tobacco a day X 3 mins 45 seconds = 3 hours 45 mins a day doing nothing, so that time is wasted.
I would be able to use another 562 energy in that amount of time which = 3.75 Energy refills.
The more Energy I use the more nuggets I have to buy to replace it.
Over a 7 day period those 67.5 Nuggets X 7 = 472 extra Nuggets spent.
Monthly that = 1888 extra Nuggets used.
Do you see my point InnoGames.
I just can't see a reason for the 10 minute cooldown.
It had some value before the 45 minute cooldown on dueling but now it's just doesn't have any merit.
Don't you think it's about time it was removed?

DeletedUser

I agree that cooldown should be removed or just shortened... :) I don't see any reason to keep it that way.. Maybe if you're worried about over use cooldown could be shortened to a minute or so... :up:

DeletedUser3994

Agree with iceman ... the cooling time should be removed or reduced at 5 minutes or less ;)

DeletedUser3230

I dont agree. On jobs it might no have anything to say. But when it comes to duelling it does. If you can just use a lot of hp drinks, then the last bit of challenge is lost.

DeletedUser

Yes..i am agree with iceman, it.s a lot of time wasted waiting for this cooldown.
But if that cooldown will be removed, i.m afraid it will be just in beta the west..

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
I dont agree. On jobs it might no have anything to say. But when it comes to duelling it does. If you can just use a lot of hp drinks, then the last bit of challenge is lost.
I don't see your point
It was valid when you had 10 mins to get back to town, under the old dueling system, but now another dueler is duelable for 45 minutes and that still allows you to refill your Health with time to spare, if you want to retaliate against him even with the cooldown, so removing it doesn't give anyone an advantage

Last edited:

DeletedUser

i agree, there is no real reason why this should be here.
I motion that this should be stopped or at least reduced to max 5 minutes.

DeletedUser

Come on InnoGames.Really??
Remove the cool down please. This will drive more players away for sure. Especially the duelers.
Iceman said it the best here

So its OK to screw the dueler yet again??

Last edited by a moderator:

Snr Sarg

Lance Corporal

Agreed, dueling as well as fort fighters boosting HP between battles.

Not only that but shortening the wait also means the wealthiest of players can just keep gobbling up the buffs without worrying about the cost.

If anything, it should be longer than 10 minutes, not less - I have to wait an hour to duel somebody a second time, by which time they could use 6 HP buffs

DeletedUser3230

So its OK to screw the dueler yet again??

I dont understand what you mean. I use most of my energy at the moment on duels, but if we can just use an unlimited number of hp drinks- then some of us are close to invincible - that would be boring. It would be too hard to reduce number of hp. You cant just run and hide in a hotel now- as it takes 45 minutes after last duel before you are safe. Dont mess with any of this.

yes you sometimes have to wait if you do a lot of 15 sec jobs, and so what- do another job in between. Again if the game gets too easy- it gets pointless and very boring, it is already very close to that, now when we can do all jobs without thinking too much about placing skills

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
I dont understand what you mean. I use most of my energy at the moment on duels, but if we can just use an unlimited number of hp drinks- then some of us are close to invincible - that would be boring. It would be too hard to reduce number of hp. You cant just run and hide in a hotel now- as it takes 45 minutes after last duel before you are safe. Dont mess with any of this.

yes you sometimes have to wait if you do a lot of 15 sec jobs, and so what- do another job in between. Again if the game gets too easy- it gets pointless and very boring, it is already very close to that, now when we can do all jobs without thinking too much about placing skills

You are missing the point completely
You have to wait 10 minutes for a duel to complete and if you put on your best Health gear after a duel, you can pretty well refill your Health with 1 Rose water anyway, then return to your dueling gear
So your point is completely mute

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Yes i agree fully with iceman. It's a stupid idea, along with many.

DeletedUser3230

You are missing the point completely
You have to wait 10 minutes for a duel to complete and if you put on your best Health gear after a duel, you can pretty well refill your Health with 1 Rose water anyway, then return to your dueling gear
So your point is completely mute

It has nothing to do with the length of the duel, the duel buffs have no cool down period. You can be attacked by others anytime- not once every ten minutes.

I cant see why you cant just take a break, or even better- use some brain activity and find an other job to do for some time, that is what I do if I do 15 sec job, I also have to decide if I want to use a hp buff or motivation because of the cool down period. All off this add some spice to the game, and remember it is a game. If it was just a job to click the same job over and over to find items - the maybe it is time to find something more interesting to do with your life :)

DeletedUser2271

I don't see your point
It was valid when you had 10 mins to get back to town, under the old dueling system, but now another dueler is duelable for 45 minutes and that still allows you to refill your Health with time to spare, if you want to retaliate against him even with the cooldown, so removing it doesn't give anyone an advantage

That not what she was talking about... but there was and easiest way to explain:
Just think on a fort fight. You go and fight one. Die. Battle finished. You get to the town, use 2 items to refill the full HP and move into another fort fight in a few seconds. (insert tank with 20k hp)

On the jobs it´s for not letting people get massive experience. Just think that with a supply of 100 chewings (and some energy refills) you can get over 100k of experience doing the same job in a day. With the cooldown you cannot do that. So you will get the same result but with over the triple of used time. And you cannot join up Energy and Motivation items on the same timeframe... without using some of the products that give both. Without the cooldown timer, you can use any buff any time any moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
That not what she was talking about... but there was and easiest way to explain:
Just think on a fort fight. You go and fight one. Die. Battle finished. You get to the town, use 2 items to refill the full HP and move into another fort fight in a few seconds. (insert tank with 20k hp)

On the jobs it´s for not letting people get massive experience. Just think that with a supply of 100 chewings (and some energy refills) you can get over 100k of experience doing the same job in a day. With the cooldown you cannot do that. So you will get the same result but with over the triple of used time. And you cannot join up Energy and Motivation items on the same timeframe... without using some of the products that give both. Without the cooldown timer, you can use any buff any time any moment.

It's impossible to do 100k XP on Lead a Trade Office in a day unless you worked for 24 hours straight, as you average 4500 XP per Energy refill
10 hours of Lead a Trade Office burns you out, never mind working for 24 hours
You don't exactly get massive experience per hour on Lead a Trade Office compared to getting 1% Potions from Veteran Points, that give you over 18k XP per potion
If you only get 500 Vet points per hour it's 4 times the amount of XP that you get from Lead a Trade Office
I don't do Lead a Trade Office for the XP, as it's useless to me now
I do it to get Item drops and the drop rate is a lot more effective by keeping the Work Motivation above 75%
I had to work my butt off to get the products to Craft the Chewing Tobacco in the 1st place
Why should I get a penalty, when I want to use the Chewing Tobacco to put more money in InnoGames's pocket by being more efficient and in the process I will be reducing the time that I have to buy more Nuggets which is InnoGames's aim I would have thought

Last edited:

DeletedUser

i agree with olga, and its not a objectiv posting here

cause iceman told all his mates just to write for his opinion

its fine like it is now with this 10mins, dont change