• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Hello, Guest.
    This is the questions section. Here you can ask any question related to the game.
    Please make sure you read this thread before you post here!

Poll about lv 250

What you think about the new update (lv250 - 1.3kkk+ xp)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
I don't give a sh#3¤%t about unbalance in duels as long as I have targets to duel !!
I'll find a way to defeat any one of them as long as I am able to attack them !!
This mysterious potion is usless. Do something about duels !! I wanna be able to duel again.
Now, Im the biggest one on lvl duelling in my server and have like 3-4 opponents to duel. Even If I want to lose in purpose, i don't lose xp.
I spent over 12k bonds on those stupid absurdly high price potions and I barely have some targets to duel. And they're not even duellers, it's not fun to duel someone with fort/church clothes and build. 12k bonds could have brought me about 15 million dollars this Christmas from opening bags. Instead, I'm being punished for playing one of the few PvP options the game has. I don't even say anymore that 95% of the duels were with 10% motivation and I avoided high level people. When your motivation is below 50%, you don't even see the players who haven't initiate a duel for a month. Another punishment for those who try to play the game. This is so fun. :no:

obai-the-king

Lance Corporal
they still haven't told us the experience at the new jobs. It is impossible to start from lvl 1. making the legend to the sky is both literal and figurative. The best solution is to unite two or more worlds together and or increase the xp from the past from du and increase their fort. you have because it will be a total imbalance in the adventures to change the finished shop because it will no longer make sense to play.

DeletedUser500

The new jobs are good content - in isolation it would make a good update, but with a bit more attention on things to do with the new products, crafts for new high level buffs and some quests, it would be a, relatively speaking, great update.

You could hold off on the, highly divisive, highly controversial, level cap stuff being put on production servers for now, until its been thoroughly tested and balanced enough for the most major update this game has had in 7 years - put the jobs, the new high exp quests, and some new crafts out for now while working on fixing PvP before incrementally increasing the level cap by 10-50 levels per year.

Admittedly I don't know this for certain, but I'm assuming we can do a good chunk of the new level-locked jobs with the current work sets at level 150, and quest-reward buffs could perhaps be created to unlock the others, temporarily.

After 2.5 years you should make it an update worthy of being called version 3.0, instead of ignoring concerns and leaving all of the PvP players unhappy.

At the very least @Loki, can you let them know we desperately need some version of a roadmap to see if it's even worth sticking around after this goes live. We know it took them 2.5 years of development time for this abomination, so I know there's no point asking for a timeframe on the aspirations of a post-150 West, but PvP players need something, anything, to look forward to, especially if they're going to plough this out regardless of the feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
its reallly funny to watch you guys crying like hell.

you expect to level up to 250 within a few days and then complain you are bored and there are no more challenges is the game.

this is really bullshit talking. enjoy the new settings and shut up. if you like to cry, cry silently at your blanket!

Last edited:

DeletedUser500

you expect to level up to 250 within a few days and then complain you are bored and there are no more challenges is the game.

this is really bullshit talking. enoy the new settings and shut up. if you like to cry, cry silently at your blanket!
Don't care what level I am, or you are, care that PvP has been broken for years, and it's even worse now thanks to the level cap increase, and they won't even acknowledge that half of the players are rightly angry about it.

Not sure if you're wilfully ignorant of what we're actually saying, or you're just being a troll.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant

this is really bullshit talking. enoy the new settings and shut up. if you like to cry, cry silently at your blanket!
Just because you don't play PVP and you are probably the one crying after getting dueled while building church or farming berries , doesn't mean us PVP players ( which btw are the vast majority of the players ) have to make a 180 turn and start enjoying PVE ( which btw is not fun at all ) , keep farming berries and carrots and delude yourself that you love this game.

DeletedUser500

Just because you don't play PVP and you are probably the one crying after getting dueled while building church or farming berries , doesn't mean us PVP players ( which btw are the vast majority of the players ) have to make a 180 turn and start enjoying PVE ( which btw is not fun at all ) , keep farming berries and carrots and delude yourself that you love this game.
We don't need to resort to personal attacks because some players like endlessly picking berries and building churches, recognise that all players are vital game content for us in a time where an active world has less than 1.5k players for the social aspect, and less than 500 level 150 players for competitive PvP aspects.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
We don't need to resort to personal attacks because some players like endlessly picking berries and building churches, recognise that all players are vital game content for us in a time where an active world has less than 1.5k players for the social aspect, and less than 500 level 150 players for competitive PvP aspects.
It was not intended to sound like I am attacking him but people should realize that we all have our opinion and we are entitled to say it , having to look at comments "oh come on go cry" "cry me a river" bla bla bla it's annoying and doesn't really help ( also imo comments like that should be deleted ) we all share our opinions and most opinions/feedback about this game in general comes from PVP players.

DeletedUser500

It was not intended to sound like I am attacking him but people should realize that we all have our opinion and we are entitled to say it , having to look at comments "oh come on go cry" "cry me a river" bla bla bla it's annoying and doesn't really help ( also imo comments like that should be deleted ) we all share our opinions and most opinions/feedback about this game in general comes from PVP players.
The forums, but especially the beta forum, are exactly where it's intended we go to give feedback on updates - I mean they specifically ask for it - and then debate those opinions amongst ourselves, and historically the developers too but I digress...

DaveKing

Private
I am basically happy with the update, but apparently nearly half of the people are not. With minimal changes, this could be an update that everyone is happy about and could almost be called 3.0 (or at least the beginning of it).

All you'd have to do is limit all existing sets to level 150 (max at 175). So a level 200 player would get the same amount of points for them above the limit level. This would keep the balance in PVP.
Then you would introduce new sets in events that scale lower. At level 150 they are clearly weaker than the current ones. At 175 they are a bit stronger and at 200 they would be stronger. But not as much as the current ones. So a 200 level player in the new sets would not be much stronger than a 160 level player in the old sets, but still tolerable.

You should apply the same limitation to XP potions. It's embarrassing that for the entire game of The West, players who exploit a circus bug that lasts a few days will have the most XP (some will go over 1 billion). Because of this I would also restrict XP drinks so they don't gain an irrecoverable advantage and ruin the worlds concerned. And with the new sets you would also bring in new XP potions that give you the XP % of the current level at higher levels.

I'd definitely delay the update for 1-2 weeks for normal worlds, because you can't undo the XP bug. These modifications wouldn't take 1 week, but they would make everyone happy with this update.

Beef

Lance Corporal
1) There will be positive changes in regards to XP potions.
This Oktoberfest, we have the 10% one in the Uncommon list.
It's a lot of XP for the Uncommon list.

2) 1k XP per round can be ok or not..
I agree that more XP should (and probably will be) rewarded for PvP.
But will the HP players still sacrifice themselves knowing that they will make far less XP?
mate i didnt get one single potion on 7 worlds...what the hell are you talking about :lol: :lol:

thank you for the respectful, personal attacks - if this is your style, its noted and fine for you! be proud of yourself!!!!!!

i mentioned earlier, that in addition to this well appreciated update modifications to the pvp content and other are required and need to happen.
but this is not a reason for crying and requesting to be able to level up in short term.
before everybody reached lvl 150, the stretch between players was comparable.

DeletedUser500

i mentioned earlier, that in addition to this well appreciated update modifications to the pvp content and other are required and need to happen.
but this is not a reason for crying and requesting to be able to level up in short term.
before everybody reached lvl 150, the stretch between players was comparable.
Again, not seeing anyone saying they want to be max level instantly, just that they don't want it to effectively take 7+ years just to catch up to where the PvE fanatics are now - and that's still not going to be the maximum level.
I don't care about that, just that the PvP can be competitive and fun at all levels for all classes.

And again, no one's "crying" about not being level 250, you'll find that most fighters and duellers only care about exp in the sense that we need levels for competing in the PvP, we're "crying" about how this makes an already bad situation worse for the PvP half of the players. I appreciate that the berry pickers have ran out of church to build and need more content too - which is why I think the best decision that could be made right now is putting this update out without the level cap, yet, and only doing 50 levels at a time so there's both time for PvP to adjust, and actually time to fill out the quest content for each of these levels - because every new level should have at least one quest to expedite the grind through it.
2.5 years of development time and they haven't once thought about Fort Battles or Duels in that time, so yeah I am trying very hard to get this point across even though I'm sure you don't actually comprehend anything anyone with a different opinion to build church forever is exciting gameplay writes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, not seeing anyone saying they want to be max level instantly, just that they don't want it to effectively take 7+ years just to catch up to where the PvE fanatics are now - and that's still not going to be the maximum level.
I don't care about that, just that the PvP can be competitive and fun at all levels for all classes.

And again, no one's "crying" about not being level 250, we're "crying" about how this makes an already bad situation worse for PvP players. I appreciate that the berry pickers have ran out of church to build and need more content too - which is why I think the best decision that could be made right now is putting this update out without the level cap, yet, and only doing 50 levels at a time so there's both time for PvP to adjust, and actually time to fill out the quest content for each of these levels - because every new level should have at least one quest to expedite the grind through it.
2.5 years of development time and they haven't once thought about Fort Battles or Duels in that time, so yeah I am trying very hard to get this point across even though I'm sure you don't actually comprehend anything anyone with a different opinion to build church forever is exciting gameplay writes.

yeah you have great and valid argument chain .... perfect for calling me a troll!!!

DeletedUser500

yeah you have great and valid argument chain .... perfect for calling me a troll!!!
You literally are inventing crap that people in opposition to your opinion/play-style have never actually said.
Your entire contribution to this topic is flaming other opinions and saying they're crying. You've yet to make an argument.

All I said was I wasn't sure if you were trolling or just can't comprehend what we're talking about (the PvP).
While also defending your right to say whatever you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.