• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Hello, Guest.
    This is the questions section. Here you can ask any question related to the game.
    Please make sure you read this thread before you post here!

Whats your plans on fixing PVP?

antihero

Private
Hey,

today i was reviewing my life choices. Can you specifically tell me, whats InnoGames plans on fixing DUELS?

1) How are you gonna deal with character lvl differences (thus, more abilities with same clothing)? For example, how should i (lvl 143) in InnoGames eyes deal in duels with guys lvl 180? They are here for xy years more than me, have more AP/SP. Also, if i and other guy have literally same gear, he will just get more abilities from that. Isnt that concerning? Not to mention DAMAGE outputs from same level weapons. In my perspective, you simply cant compete with bigger lvl chars - in past, you somehow could deal with different level, gear, etc. - now, its mathematicly impossible. WHAT ARE YOU PLANING TO DO ABOUT IT? Where is some balancing factors?

2) But lets say that we could compete with all the drawbacks i already mentioned. Lets say im just dumb player who thoughts like this: well, i have a good gear, but small lvl, therefore, i should get some levels. From 140 to 180, it will take thourght Church build like 2-3 years? So, basicly, InnoGames answer for new players is: well, we suggest you to get a building set, play for 5 years straight just pure Church build, and then, after that, get yourself gear, and only after that, you can enjoy duels?

Oh, ok, thanks!

Wow, im so pissed. Do something about this disproportion !!!

Criminus

Private First Class
I will sign in for a boxing match. I have no experience against fighters that wasted time and made sacrifices but I will tell them exactly this: HOW YOU GONNA FIX THE FIGHTS ARE YOU DUMB I NEED TO COMPETE AGAINST STRONGER PEOPLE AS A NEWBIE!!!! DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS DISPROPORTION!!!

Lets say im just dumb

antihero

Private
New 250 lvl simply made big void in skill gap. Now its not about skill as it used to be. Thats my point. And InnoGames should do something about it. And no, i dont think, that you deserve to be OP just b/c you play the game more years than me. There shoudl be equal oportunity.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Hey,

today i was reviewing my life choices. Can you specifically tell me, whats InnoGames plans on fixing DUELS?

1) How are you gonna deal with character lvl differences (thus, more abilities with same clothing)? For example, how should i (lvl 143) in InnoGames eyes deal in duels with guys lvl 180? They are here for xy years more than me, have more AP/SP. Also, if i and other guy have literally same gear, he will just get more abilities from that. Isnt that concerning? Not to mention DAMAGE outputs from same level weapons. In my perspective, you simply cant compete with bigger lvl chars - in past, you somehow could deal with different level, gear, etc. - now, its mathematicly impossible. WHAT ARE YOU PLANING TO DO ABOUT IT? Where is some balancing factors?

2) But lets say that we could compete with all the drawbacks i already mentioned. Lets say im just dumb player who thoughts like this: well, i have a good gear, but small lvl, therefore, i should get some levels. From 140 to 180, it will take thourght Church build like 2-3 years? So, basicly, InnoGames answer for new players is: well, we suggest you to get a building set, play for 5 years straight just pure Church build, and then, after that, get yourself gear, and only after that, you can enjoy duels?

Oh, ok, thanks!

Wow, im so pissed. Do something about this disproportion !!!
You really cant complain about someone being more levels than you because he had been around the game for a longer period time than you , it's like Criminus said about the boxing example. You can catch up to those players if you really want to , with some time , farming many products and getting yourself a lot of wonders and chewing tobacco you can start doing 15s and close the gap. I started playing the game in 2020 after 10 years brake , I am 183 level and I have more experience , more sets , more money and tons of stats more than someone that played the game since 2010 , it's really up to you if you want to close the gap or just play in low levels.

I agree with the second part though , the only viable way of leveling up is by Church building or doing 15s jobs , bare in mind that 15s jobs are expensive ( buff wise ) and very time consuming. Church building is the only option if you really don't want to spend much time doing stuff but then again , you will get bored at some point , you will forget the game and there will be a day that you will not login ever again because you see very slim progression.

There should be more ways of leveling up , unfortunately quests give very little xp and I don't see that being changed for another 10 years. We have quests that are only for 170+ 180+ that give only 8k XP when you need millions of XP just to level up , unfortunately this game is losing more and more players because of the incompetence of certain individuals in higher up positions that simply do not know how their own game works.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
I rather have fun in an old world. I also started with a few levels less and hundreds of skills behind the old players on the world where I migrated, but the difference has narrowed over time. I collected XP the hard way from the daily login bonus, I didn't miss a day, not even in the periods when I didn't feel like playing, I loged in to get the daily bonus. Some 15 sec jobs from time to time and church building in some periods. I caught up with the veterans, many of them playing out of habit, login once every few days, doing some 1 hour jobs, send to a fort battle etc, others gave up for good. You have a chance in about 2 years to become a strong relevant player on an old world.

Yea you are right *2 years* nobody has this patience any more the game is slow they should consider permanent x2 x3 x4 x5 servers its not 2012-2015 anymore otherwise really no pvp player should start in a ten year old server unless they wanna be a target practice for vets

FreeHugs

Lance Corporal
PVP is supposed to be competetive skill test not who can build a church the best. (Ignoring P2W factor which will never change)

There's alot of ways to fix PVP but InnoGames refuses to touch the base code of the game because they wont hire a real dev.

See people talking about it's dumb to start in an old world? the new ones are awful and whats the point when you probably have a main thats level 170+. I do not play games with a plan that'll take years of constant playing and very few do. This game was already niche because of that fact BEFORE the level cap update. People should be able to compete with a large time investment, yet even if you have no life the gap cannot be remotely bridged which makes no sense and only benefits a small amount of players who want to lord their loser status over newbies which doesn't premote growth of the game which in turn kills the game and sucks for those few it benefitted.

Yea you are right *2 years* nobody has this patience any more the game is slow they should consider permanent x2 x3 x4 x5 servers its not 2012-2015 anymore otherwise really no pvp player should start in a ten year old server unless they wanna be a target practice for vets

Patience? Brother it statistically takes YEARS to get to max level and they slowly ruined every PVP element of the game while making quests obsolute just so we can log in and farm XP for the next 10 years, that isn't about patience its about time/reward ratio.

There is no “equal opportunity” in a competitive game where time is the most important factor.

It's taken a whole new extreme that takes competition OUT, who can bot or no life the most wins unless you're too dumb to place skills in the right place (which a shocking amount of people are if we're honest).

Just because InnoGames has slowly turned the game into a nugget / time wasting rat race on who can no life the most doesn't mean thats what The West WAS or SHOULD BE.

FreeHugs

Lance Corporal
Crazy to see people justifying the worst update innos ever done,

The level cap made PVP less competetive because not everyone spammed a church for 10 years and they actually played the game,
Made quest rewards obsolete
broke duelling formula as it was made for a 1/10th of the total SPs people have today (same for FFs but not quite as bad),
takes years to reach max level even if you've already played for 15 years and most players will never get it even with massive time commitment
made alot of jobs obsolute,
brought botting to an all time high.

Did I miss any?

Playing the west in 2023 is like watching paint dry "With Friends" :lol:

and STILL did nothing to fix any core components of the game and made them all worse with the update :lol:

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
I don't get it either. It's not that hard to multiply the actual xp with 2.5.
The actual formula is: Duelling Exp = (7 * Loser’s duelling level) - (5 * Winner’s duelling level) + 5
It may be Duelling Exp = 2.5*[(7 * Loser’s duelling level) - (5 * Winner’s duelling level) + 5] or (17.5 * Loser’s duelling level) - (12.5 * Winner’s duelling level) + 5, both are fine and very easy to implement.
I just hope that they are preparing some big changes, both to the duel formula and fort formula and also to the character class bonuses, especially buffing adventurer's fort battle bonus and nerfing the soldier's duel bonus.

aimgei

Lance Corporal
Kind of strange, Xp from duels was tripled when lvl 150 was added, but no increase with lvl 250

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
have you already read that on wiki? @WhyN0t

( Dueling experiences Duel experience determines your rank in the duel leaderboard. If you emerge victorious in a duel, you receive duel experience points. How many that is depends on your duel level and the duel level of the other. Duel Experience Points = ((7 * loser's duel level) - (5 * winner's duel level) + 5) * winner's duel motivation Duel experience points will be reduced if you a duel will lose a third of what you would have gotten if you had won the duel. For example, Player A defeats Player B. If Player B had won, he would have gained 90 experience and 30 dueling experience. However, for defeat, he does not gain experience and loses 10 duel experience. have not started a duel as a challenger in the last 45 days by 3% per week. Only the positive experience points count for the duel ranking. duel level A player's duel level is based on their level and the experience points already gained in duels. The more experience points a player has in a duel, the higher their duel level. The duel level can decrease due to negative duel experience points. With the update to version 2.28, the duel level was capped at 450. If you convert the formula for the duel experience points from the dueling experience section, taking into account the requirement that at least 5 duel XP must be possible, you can derive the highest and lowest duel level that you can attack: Opponent's max duel level = own duel level * 1.4 (round down the result) Opponent's minimum duel level = own duel level / 1.4 (result is rounded up)