• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the bug section, Guest!
    This is where you can find all the bugs reported by other players.
    If you'd like to report one yourself, please make sure to read this Guide to bug reporting before doing so.
    Otherwise, we might not be able to fix it for you.

Town Chat Topic Bug?

ancoonbar

Private
Well that's lame.

And apparently it happens with Ally chat too..
Who knows, maybe FF topic too.
Happens to Ally chat also, if there is no one left online. Which is quitte common in smaller town/alliances. FF topic stays though even is everyone goes offline.
Only exception is when the server gets reset(e.g. due to update), then also fort topic disappears.

HelenBack

Private First Class
Why should the topic be cleared just because no one is logged on? It doesn't mean the topic isn't important... Topics are generally for alerting your townies or allies to something they need to know... Battle coming up... Deal on Market... Don't duel this alliance... Duel this alliance only... Whatever. Just because no one is online doesn't mean the topic should go away.

And if the Fort Battle topic can stay even if no one is online... Then why can't the Town and Alliance topics?

I agree with Raider... It's Lame.

Also, when the server resets, why can't the topics be saved as well? So many times I'm about to wind down for the night and then the server resets and I have to go thru all worlds redoing all the topics I have just done.

And the Fort Battle topic is very important to keep during a server reset... If there are no Generals or Captains available, there may not be a topic back up for hours... Which leads to people not knowing where to set if they're just signing up before work and need to set as offline. Which leads to chaos during the battle.

I hope this is something that could be fixed.

Leones

Master Sergeant
Former Team Member
It's cleared because topics are saved in memory, and when the server resets that memory is wiped. If no one is in a chatroom, the room is removed to conserve memory. I will however pass on the feedback, maybe something can be improved here.