• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Too many and too expensive events

DeletedUser3230

I would like to hear if it is just me - who are starting to hate this game. I have lost many good friends players in this game because of all this events. That is the main reason they give for leaving. Number 2 reason they give is that there is too little happening in the game- too few players, to few to duel and too few to attend Fort fights.

I thought 4 events a year and 20 new sets was a lot- but I was wrong. It looks as we are going to have event each month now. And the way the latest one is made takes the price, as an efficient way to get money out of players, without having to give anything back. I predict that more players will leave now because of it, and I am starting to think I should be one of them.

Yes I can just say no and stop using nuggets- that is my first step. But the way they made it - it runs what is left of the game - this friends madness- it slows the game down and destroy a big part of the fun, as it destroys reports chats and fort fights - and leaves me with a feeling of guilt because I dont want to sit and click around 300- 500 times a day.

So is it just me who think this is too much now ??

What can we do to make InnoGames understand that they might get more cash here and now, but they destroy the game by scaring away more and more players?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You're not the only one... I still think old west was much more playable with less items and less InnoGames money making sets...

This is one of my first accounts on beta and those were the best years of this game...

It's becoming the game just for making money and no longer for the people like the old one which became game of the year... with this rate you're far from becoming game of the year InnoGames... this won't work and sooner or later everyone will figure out that you just want to get as much money as you can from players...

It's all about the money and I don't think it's funny... (try to remember the song doing next events)... :)

DeletedUser2271

The current problem is that people want to play faster and faster... and when they can´t get to 120 in a little more than 2 months, they give up the game.

This events get thousands of new accounts into the worlds... even that they only do fort fights and duels (and "buy all the expert clothes and weapons for that mission").
There are worlds where duelers at level 70 already have all the special weapons and all the special clothes for duelling. They get to 130 in a little over 2 weeks... then they go for forts with all the new sets that gives them 17000 hp.

So the game started to bug out the normal players that just play for fun. When they take 1 year to get to 120 and don´t have 5% of the special clothes, see someone getting into the game and in 2 months have all the special things, get 200000 times more experience and never talks on the chats.
After that, they just ignore the game.

But, on a economical point, InnoGames is correct. People are paying more and more money to get special things that gives them more advantages... that´s why they are making this kinda off events.

DeletedUser3197

For those people who are starting to hate this game, i can tell you that there is always the option to quit playing, and it's really easy to do you just don't have to log in and InnoGames will remove you're account after a while.

I play The West for about 6 to 7 years now and i'm not always happy with the decisions InnoGames makes. But you have to realise that InnoGames has made The West just to make money. And people who think InnoGames made this game just for fun are wrong. And it is our own decision to buy those nuggets or not.

If all people stopped buying these nuggets InnoGames would shut down the game because if the game starts to cost money it wouldn't be worth keeping alive.

The people who get to level 130/150 real fast are the people who have invested a small fortune in nuggets. But 80% of these people will quit after a while to seek a new game were they can use thier money to show off. But these people lose intrest real fast. only a few stay.
And what is wrong when you level slow and don't have al the new items or clothings, I really don't mind if i miss some things, because i play for fun and to have a nice chat with certain people.

And why I keep playing the game and buy nuggets once in awhile is because I like to talk to some of the people who are around. And every hobby does cost money but it's up to you/me to choose how much. I even had a year that i didn't do any labor i just logged in The West to have a nice chat with the people i got to know wel. (i even met some in real life, which reminds me i have to go and visit some again real soon)

We can't blame InnoGames for wanting to make money, they have to pay their employe's, and to agree or not agree with InnoGames that is the question.

people don't get angry with something as banal as a stupid online game, there are worse things in the world, and complaining is not one of them.

DeletedUser

For those people who are starting to hate this game, i can tell you that there is always the option to quit playing

I agree :( and thats too bad i really enjoyed this game before and have been playing it for years ( allmost from the start )
But theese tombolas have become too much to me it seems like thats all what this game is all about now.

I myself have quit playing these tombolas and there by given up collecting stuff in this game and that has been about all i have done in this game the last few years.
So now for me most of the fun has gone away from this game and i find myself logging in less and less every day.

Theonly reson im still active is i have not made up my mind on if i shuld take my collection of useless stuff with me in to my grave or flood the market with rare stuff :confused:

I spent my share of nuggets collecting the stuff and he who owns most stuff when he dies wins right ?

DeletedUser

I have a lot of ideias for the game!!!
I play The West since 2008..I know what the game need!

Ideias:
- Trade with players
- Adventure Mode : Party where you invite your friends to play with you in Adventure Mode
- New building in Fort
- The West Classic World
- Bring back Chests in Fort Batle.
- Reduce to 12 Energy construction in City Because the worker have to spend 24 energy to work 1 hour!
- Shop: Items with Old Season Set's
- Shop: Avatar accesories like glasses can be purcharse in shop like new glasses = 100 Upbs
- More Modes in Adventure Mode Like Capture the Hardpoint 15 vs 15.
- Re-work bonus in old Items because the items are so good that old item s*ck's
- Flags or Emblems To Alliances
- New design in Town Forum

And sorry for my bad English! 

DeletedUser

InnoGames doesn't care about the game. only thing that they want is money ;)

DeletedUser3460

InnoGames doesn't care about the game. only thing that they want is money ;)

I guess they just clicked their fingers and the game just magically appeared, I am sure no work was done to compile such a game and shame on InnoGames for wanting money as everyone else works for free, right?

No Game = No Money
No Money = No Game

I think the two are fairly interchangeable, I am sure they care for the game just as any business owner cares about their business.

DeletedUser1406

I guess they just clicked their fingers and the game just magically appeared, I am sure no work was done to compile such a game and shame on InnoGames for wanting money as everyone else works for free, right?

No Game = No Money
No Money = No Game

I think the two are fairly interchangeable, I am sure they care for the game just as any business owner cares about their business.

Any free to play has micro transactions, otherwise, you would have to pay for the game itself. As you kinda said, I doubt anyone would waste time and effort to work on something and expect nothing in return (And no, you can't pay the bills with appreciation)

DeletedUser3230

A bad side effect of these endless events and the changes made to the jobs, is that the game is just too easy now. So what are we going to do when we have done the quests and reach above 140 or so?
We can do all jobs no matter what build we have. The event does not bring new things to do in the game, they just make the game even more easy, so there really is no challenge.
InnoGames does not bring new to the game, and that makes me thing they just want to get the most out of a game they don't care about any longer.

DeletedUser3230

Any free to play has micro transactions, otherwise, you would have to pay for the game itself. As you kinda said, I doubt anyone would waste time and effort to work on something and expect nothing in return (And no, you can't pay the bills with appreciation)

Yes that is true and that is why for several years I have been paying. But now I stop. When the money we pay is only used to bring more gear, an no real game content, then I close my wallet.

DeletedUser2271

A bad side effect of these endless events and the changes made to the jobs, is that the game is just too easy now. So what are we going to do when we have done the quests and reach above 140 or so?
We can do all jobs no matter what build we have. The event does not bring new things to do in the game, they just make the game even more easy, so there really is no challenge.

I wroted about that point right when the 2.0 was released. Making the jobs a sidestick to the game was a point to destroy it. Right now people can do all jobs at level 130. So they only have 2 reasons to move skills around: between dueller or fort fighter.
I had a full jobs suit of skills and before the jobs where all available, i was between 1 to 5 to get the quests done. Right now i don´t get near the 50 first ones. And most of them are duelers that just take the days to finish the quests. Even with a high danger, they aren´t bothered. Just a small use of things from the shop and it´s done. Just with the loss of a few hours or a few duels.
They need to get the quests back asking for positive labour points and make a remodelation of all jobs. Raising the number of skills needed(after level 70, the jobs need to raise 100 points and the ones over level 110 need 250 more labour points). So you could do the job at level xxx but if you want to complete some parts of a quest you will need to move skills around to get positive or some xxx positive points (like The Myth) to make or drop something.
It would make people shuffle around to get those things and not just be a break from duelling and fort fighting.

DeletedUser3957

IT would also be a good point if fort fights could give better rewards, or if we were highly advised to join FFs

4500 xp 20 bonds for a player reaching 5000 inflicted damage and the same for another one inflicting 10 000 or 20 000 damage with a super weapon from an event is not even.

I think InnoGames should highly increase rewards for motivated FFErs or give the good ones a reinforced steel box or something worth fort fighting since FFs are the most interesting interaction between players (mpis too but less)

Many people leva FFs and even the game because they feel it's a waste of HP and energy...