• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Hello, Guest.
    This is the questions section. Here you can ask any question related to the game.
    Please make sure you read this thread before you post here!

Question about account sharing

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant

§3) Sharing Means of Connection​

Players, knowingly, sharing an Internet connection and/or a device and operating accounts on the same world may not interact with each other within the game (be it, but not limited to dueling).

Players who share a connection are not allowed to engage in certain activities with the same third party, including dueling, unless at least 12 hours have passed since their previous interaction.

It is allowed:​

• to join the same Town and/or Alliance.
  • to participate in the same Fort Battle or Adventure.
  • to trade with each other.
  • to use the bank transfer feature to transfer in-game cash to each other.

It is forbidden:​

• to duel each other.
  • to place bounties on each other.

Can someone from HQ actually describe me what this means? Because if you join a server and play with a shared connection but you get reported , you will get banned and you won't be able to get the account that shares the connection unbanned because it will be called as a multi-account , if you don't get reported it will go forever until you do get reported. If you share this information with support and tell them that me and X player are married together and we share the same connection or if you say that its your brother and you live together you avoid the ban. Of course in the end only InnoGames decides whats actually true or not and only the player knows whats happening in his house but since this rule is very important, shouldn't it be more clear to the players to avoid bans and embarrassment?

@Loki @ChickenMcGuy @innogames

Ethereal

Reservist
A good chunk of players has multi accounts, some more active/rulebreaking than others. Instead of trying to enforce the 'rule' by means of IP, which can be circumvented way too easy anyway, mods should listen to the community a bit more and ban obvious cheaters when they're reported. It gets painfully obvious once servers start to die (which is basically any server nowadays) and yet nothing's done about it. Literally takes two seconds to compare login times and maybe market activity, that's all you need.

the legit

Private First Class
In my server it is known that it is Innogames policy that its a 3 strikes you're out policy, meaning:

Guy is caught with 50 accounts where 49 benefited the main. They use TOR so the rule breaking can only be assessed via the trades market history where it can be seen that all items were funneled to one player (not even actively kept track by moderation team, just investigated if reported and a lot of times barely investigated and often get away with it).

After this all the accounts are banned.

Player in question talks to support and support tell him don't do it again and he gets an account of his choosing unlocked.

Obviously he will pick the main account where all the items were transfered, he never cared about other accounts.

The support team removes 0 items. There is no real sanction the player gets to keep his main account and all the items he has benefited.

That account will only get perma banned or have any actual consequence if he does it 3 times.

It is completely absurd and encourages players to rule break as there is no real consequence.

This needs to be changed. They need to have the items deleted at the very least and imo much harsher punishment.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
@the legit but it says trading isnt bannable
It's not , but ofc if the situation is as he described with the 50 accounts then it's bannable but the truth is all 50 accounts must be reported for that to happen. But its also very confusing , for example I play the game , then my wife decides that she wants to give a try as well , she makes an account and she plays and IF we get both reported we will get banned for multi-account without violating and of the account sharing rules. ON THE OTHER HAND , if you say to the support that X player is your wife then they dont ban you even if you get reported. Thats why i find this a bit stupid and the rules must be re-written with a more clear translation.

So you first have to state that you use the same ip with your wife or you can say that after you get reported? In other games i have seen forum thread where people state shared ip accounts so to avoid ban

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
So you first have to state that you use the same ip with your wife or you can say that after you get reported? In other games i have seen forum thread where people state shared ip accounts so to avoid ban
Well , if it's in the rules you don't need to share it but you SHOULD share it to avoid bans yes. That's the issue , they have to specify this in the rules.

What do you mean? I can create 10+ accs with no ban? Or the rule applies for 2 accs per ip only? And i can do anything i want apart from duels and pvp