• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

New Wiki

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
What on earth did wiki do to deserve such an abysmal look? What does InnoGames smoke to think that this new wiki is better than the one we had before? You can't access anything , you have to search manually for everything and the knowledge sector is just non existent, how can someone that starts now to play even learn anything from the new wiki?

So disappointing....

Criminus

Private First Class
Hi pal! I'm currently working on the skin to make it more user-friendly. Today I will bring back the quick access which was located in the sidebar (RHS). It will be attached to the bottom of the page instead.
Screenshot_8.png
Ofc, I am talking about the international Wiki. Your version will be different.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Sorry for the double post - no edit option. You now should be able to use the bottom navigation on both PC and Mobile with ease. Give it a try and let me know :)
Very nice, now it's 1000000000 times better , I wonder though why did they change it? There was nothing wrong with it. I heard something about the provider not being able to keep the old display but I'm not sure if that's 100% true. Nevertheless, it's again the support team and people that love the game and support it their way that end up fixing the game YET again. Sad..

Criminus

Private First Class
Very nice, now it's 1000000000 times better , I wonder though why did they change it? There was nothing wrong with it. I heard something about the provider not being able to keep the old display but I'm not sure if that's 100% true. Nevertheless, it's again the support team and people that love the game and support it their way that end up fixing the game YET again. Sad..
Thank you sir!

They had to. It was running on an old version of MediaWiki. Unfortunately to recode the skin would’ve been too much so they decided to go for a native responsive skin which is by default with MediaWiki. I will constantly work on it, making it better for all users: mobile/tablet and PC. I am happy with the current result; some articles will need a bit of work tho. I am also planning to make a set comparison function but this will be added later.

I had some free time this weekend and I’ve added a quick search for quests in the quests page I hope you like it. Can be found here: https://wiki.the-west.net/wiki/Category:Questlines

I hope you will find my answer helpful. Have a great day!

HolmesNick

Reservist
Why don't we have one wiki for every market, but translated to multiple languages?
I don't understand why every market has their own "modification of the wiki". I see markets with 0 updates on the wiki, old formulas, not user friendly interface etc. When on the other hand i see other wikis which is updated, freshly content, more things to read etc.

One default global wiki for the whole The-West, with the same content and everything the same. Then the admins can translate iot to their native market language. Simple as that.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Why don't we have one wiki for every market, but translated to multiple languages?
I don't understand why every market has their own "modification of the wiki". I see markets with 0 updates on the wiki, old formulas, not user friendly interface etc. When on the other hand i see other wikis which is updated, freshly content, more things to read etc.

One default global wiki for the whole The-West, with the same content and everything the same. Then the admins can translate iot to their native market language. Simple as that.
I will give you the most simple answer to this.

InnoIncompetence

Criminus

Private First Class

You should contact your management about the outdated wiki.

The multi language wiki won’t work. We have a channel where we discuss wiki changes and not all wiki editors agrees with the changes I make on the international wiki for example.

HolmesNick

Reservist
Its not about my market. Its about the whole community. The wiki should be the same for everyone.

You should contact your management about the outdated wiki.

The multi language wiki won’t work. We have a channel where we discuss wiki changes and not all wiki editors agrees with the changes I make on the international wiki for example.
I'm pretty sure you can find a way. Or even better the company can suggest a Template of the wiki and everyone follow this pattern. If you want to add new things outside of this template, you can propose them. Maybe with a voting method you can get result to or just ask whoever is in charge of the wiki and if she/he agrees then everyone must add it.
At least it will be more clear to everyone that the wiki actually WORKS for everyone.