• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

New Crafting Interface.

• Thread starter Jacob Greathouse
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I hate, hate ,hate it.

I don't craft 40 of one item. So as I craft together the materials to make an advance product, I have to select a qty for each item, then click to craft it.

If I did not have the materials available for an item, once I get the materials, it does not allow me to craft it without closing the whole interface and reopening it so I have the option to select qty.

DeletedUser1406

I would appreciate if, for once, people would post constructive feedback instead of complains. Can you come up with some improvements for the current crafting window? How can they make it so you'll like it?

DeletedUser

Well, I posted numerous reason why I don't like the changes. I felt it was implied that I just would like it set back to the way it was.

If this is not going to happen, default the build to one not zero, and fix the having to reload the window.

DeletedUser1406

Well, I posted numerous reason why I don't like the changes. I felt it was implied that I just would like it set back to the way it was.

If this is not going to happen, default the build to one not zero, and fix the having to reload the window.

I doubt they'll set it back, as I've saw numerous people asking for the possibility to craft multiple items at once. As I said, constructive feedback, not destructive, if possible.

DeletedUser3460

Much welcomed and needed feature, I hope it's here to stay!

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
This is one of the most welcomed updates I have looked forward to, for a long time
I have crafted over 80000 buffs and it was starting to get really tedious
However, there is one improvement I would like to see if possible
Could the devs make the centre box have the ability to type in an amount instead of having to click 500 times in my case?
Then it would be absolutely perfect :)

While we are on the subject, could you get permission to allow bluep to do the same in the shops, to be able to buy quantities of the same item in bulk
I'm sure that it would take even more stress off the server

Bluep's comments:
THEY should implement it - so that it will be ONE server request saying that you want 243 items, and you get them; on client script side, I'd have to send 243 requests, buying one after another; besides the annoying fact that you'll have to wait for ~ 243 * 2 seconds, it's quite a stress for the server (not if only YOU buy multiples, but if everyone would)

DeletedUser3414

I'm glad atleast some of you like it. Yet I agree that there's space for improvement.

I just set the default value to 1, so that the click-behaviour is back to normal w/o selecting an amount beforehand.

Right now it's a pretty basic solution, as we are close to the end of our current iteration. I'll look into further improvements as soon as possible.

DeletedUser

there are literally millions of players who welcome the changes! :up:

I'll quote myself from a chat...
Bluep said:
Hallelujah, there's a Lord and he had mercy with us TW players! :up:
Petee said:
#bug: it always says excelent result..
it only says that if # of products > 1 (which might be the actual condition in the code) - which made sense when there were only 2 possibilities:
1 crafted product, or 2 of them.
but yes, it's a bug, future asks for a change to
# of excellent results = # of crafted items - # of scheduled crafts
(just in case the devs are looking for a hint to a suitable test (chuckle) )

...only thing that's missing now is a (# of max crafts) before that amount selector;

and either preset amount to 1, or (and that would be really cool!) leave it at zero but replace all those tiny craft buttons in each row with a big(ger) one that crafts all items where amount != 0 :D
... glad to hear that the new preset will be 1;

maybe you can additionally think about the one crafting button solution;

and I support The-Iceman's suggestion of making the control changeable by keyboard.

DeletedUser3414

Okay, yeah, I will look into that. Should be a fast one as soon there's time.

About the excellent result "bug": a new report format is already prepared to show the actual amount of "excellent results". I'll try to push that into the next update to avoid any confusion on production.

looking forward to the change in default to 1 instead of zero. Hope it comes out soon, as changing from zero means more steps than the old system.

I would also like to see it say how many of an item I have materials to make. If I select to make three of something that I only have materials to make two of, it tells me after I try to make them that I do not have enough.

one question, if one is working a green or gold craft item, which may or should yield craft points, is it or will it be set to award craft points in relation to the number of items crafted? I selected to do 3 of a gold craft item yesterday, but it only said I got one craft point. So I was wondering if one should still do green and gold craft items individually to get the max amount of craft points.

DeletedUser3414

one question, if one is working a green or gold craft item, which may or should yield craft points, is it or will it be set to award craft points in relation to the number of items crafted?

Actually the amount of craft points as well as experience points are based on a per-item calculation. So, yes, you will be able to receive multiple points. Reports have been fixed and will also show that in the near future (after next beta-update, most likely).

edit: and ofcourse it will also show the actual amount of excellent results - if there are any

54683,reportscreenZQNM4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I see the minimum was increased to one, thanks ,but when I tried to change an option to 2, it would not do it.

Also, I am getting german messages in the craft report.

"Luck Du hast 1 Handwerksfertigkeitspunkt erhalten"

DeletedUser3703

This is a great update to the crafting - It's been a long time coming!!

However, there is one improvement I would like to see if possible
Could the devs make the centre box have the ability to type in an amount instead of having to click 500 times in my case?
Then it would be absolutely perfect :)

Agree with The-Iceman - This would be very handy.

DeletedUser3414

[..] when I tried to change an option to 2, it would not do it.

Are you sure you had enough products to craft two times? The count is capped based on how many items you can craft. I'll take a look at that later for sure.

Also, I am getting german messages in the craft report.

We had to update translations in order to have singular and plural sentences. It should be fixed with the next beta update, which is supposably today.

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
Would it be possible to replace the option of crafting 1 product, with the ability to type in the amount that you want to craft, to avoid all the clicking?
I frequently craft 500 items and it would be great to imput 500 and hit Craft.
It would mean less stress on the server too. :)
I could do with a break from clicking after all this :D http://prntscr.com/6ud0ud

DeletedUser3414

Would it be possible to replace the option of crafting 1 product, with the ability to type in the amount that you want to craft, to avoid all the clicking?
I frequently craft 500 items and it would be great to imput 500 and hit Craft.
It would mean less stress on the server too. :)
I could do with a break from clicking after all this :D http://prntscr.com/6ud0ud

I already made a note about that suggestion, however, as we have certain goals for each of our iterations I currently have to concentrate on other tasks as well - in case there is some time left by the end of next week I will possibly look into that :)

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
I already made a note about that suggestion, however, as we have certain goals for each of our iterations I currently have to concentrate on other tasks as well - in case there is some time left by the end of next week I will possibly look into that :)

Much appreciated :)

DeletedUser3414

As a short update from development:

We dragged further crafting interface improvements to our current iteration which include (for example) the ability to use your mousewheel to increase/decrease the crafting counter.

I'm also evaluating the possibility to (nicely) add an input field that allows directly typing a number of items you want to craft.