• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Awesomia Fort Battles - Feedback

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
is it now a duel fort fight :njub: or rifle fort fight because of Emotschi :njub: ;) :boone:<<-- fort fight
and is that a random brinzieb, the avatar? I would give the first 5 one so there is still Hofnung

Loki

The West Team
Awesomia battle. :)

Please, try to balance the sides.
The reward will be the same on both sides.

P.S. You'll receive HP, Energy and enough Bonds for 2 reskills, regardless if you win or lose. :up:

Mysehra

Private
Not a lot of feedback here !

Mine are :
  • too much people in defense by far
  • missing a leader ... and an army obeing the orders
Sorry, cannot comment on game's ajustments.

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
My suggestion where that one does better reward the attackers! Double points give and to set reward!
Since as always too many go to the defense.
That Att double counts and Deaf simply counts.????

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
:boone: Is this new now with the towers of Fort Awesomia? Will it always stay like this or will it be rebuilt? How much space now has the attackers and how much space has the defense?

ChickenMcGuy

Tombstone Sole Survivor
The West Team
:boone: Is this new now with the towers of Fort Awesomia? Will it always stay like this or will it be rebuilt? How much space now has the attackers and how much space has the defense?

We will see first how performance this changes. We did not change any number settings, so it is the same as the world settings.

Maximum number of attackers / defenders: Alamogordo 130 / 120 ; Enewetak 92 / 83

TadschMahal

Sergeant
[18:55] ChickenMcGuy: we are trying to have a balanced fort fight
[18:55] ChickenMcGuy: to check some data

Screenshot_279.png

Screenshot_280.pngScreenshot_281.png

You are doin some ffs to check some data tellin ppl in saloon 1 u wanna have some balanced ffs for that?
Wearing a damn bugged item in a ff where u wanna collect data? Dodging 319 times? Dunno how u wanna collect ''real'' data with that one...

DeletedUser500

[18:55] ChickenMcGuy:we are trying to have a balanced fort fight
[18:55] ChickenMcGuy:to check some data

View attachment 1084

View attachment 1085View attachment 1086

You are doin some ffs to check some data tellin ppl in saloon 1 u wanna have some balanced ffs for that?
Wearing a damn bugged item in a ff where u wanna collect data? Dodging 319 times? Dunno how u wanna collect ''real'' data with that one...
1675018995200.png

GM's, in the past, have often joined Beta world battles in OP gear to equalise the teams, in order to give some kind of usable data.
If you can't balance them yourselves when there's new fort stuff to test, it's up to the GM's.

This is a test server, and he clearly wasn't powerful enough since the attackers were very nearly clean-swept.

TadschMahal

Sergeant
surely there is no reliable data if you shoot a player who has OP gear on - this does not reflect the reality of dodging so many shots - therefore the data cannot be useful because they do NOT reflect reality - his values distort any values of the players who shoot at him

If I want to balance something, just put more CM accounts in the att that have normal clothes on - then you won't get falsified data by an OP player....

DeletedUser500

This way is exactly as useful as a 21vs 44 curb-stomping, except it's a little bit more fair on the weaker side, wouldn't you say?

It's also a GM battle, where a GM town attacked a GM fort. were there not rewards for it?

There's no egregious crime against The-West going on here, just a beta GM with the freedoms of a Beta GM doing Beta things. Balance the sides next time if you don't want this to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feedback ? No feedback. What is this crap ?

Attackers only workers and adventurers ? The most crap characters in fort battles. In defense, only duelists and soldiers ? The most important characters in fort battles ? With high damage and high health ?

MeadowofAsh

Private First Class
*sigh* I guess I now understand why so little change has happened, so much griping over them restricting sides of a battle that players are being given enough bonds to buy buffs to refill hp and energy back up. Also beta is a place for test, so why are so many surprised at things being tested the way mangers want to test. Sorry for complaining about complaining, but I wonder if players actually want improvements if they can't handle some inconveniences along the way.

Would it be possible to give more notice before battle start? I know some are probably getting 12+ hours notice but some are only finding out 4 or less hours. If it not possible then that is fine, but just was wondering.

Loki

The West Team
Attackers only workers and adventurers ? The most crap characters in fort battles. In defense, only duelists and soldiers ? The most important characters in fort battles ? With high damage and high health ?
Normally I might agree but, let's take a look at the last fort battle:
  • 12 Soldiers;
  • 16 Duellers;
  • 10 Workers;
  • 31 Adventurers.
SOLDIERDUELLERWORKERADVENTURER
HP20751670903110271230592
DMG2890616972325662158355

So:
  • HP:
    • SOLDIER + DUELLER = 278419
    • WORKER + ADVENTURER = 340863
  • DMG:
    • SOLDIER + DUELLER = 198629
    • WORKER + ADVENTURER = 184017
SOLDIER + DUELLER have less HP (278419 < 340863) but more DMG (198629 > 184017) than WORKER + ADVENTURER.
28 "SOLDIER + DUELLER" vs 41 "WORKER + ADVENTURER".
Attackers usually should have a higher number.

That was the most balanced way in my opinion.
Also, at the time of my post, the numbers are 39 in Attack vs 39 in Defence.

Would it be possible to give more notice before battle start?
I'll try my best.

DeletedUser5241

The audacity… to test stuff on a test server … smh …