• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Hello, Guest.
    This is the questions section. Here you can ask any question related to the game.
    Please make sure you read this thread before you post here!

Appearance vs Tactics match-up

Arthur Morgan

Reservist
So in the Wiki it says that the winner of this gets a bonus to his ''attacking(/aiming) value''.

My question to anyone who knows is, is there also a penalty to the loser's attacking or dodging value or not?

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
In case of attack , if the attacker has more appearance than the defender's tactics , then the attacker has increased aim but the aim/dodge of the defender doesn't change.

In case of defense, if the defender has more tactics than the attacker's appearance , then the defender has increased aim , the attacker's aim doesn't change.

Appearance or Tactics only increase your aim.

FreeHugs

Lance Corporal
One day we'll get full transparancy on how duelling works exactly. Like how you can have too much of one skill and there's sweet spots. And how having no appearence is better than having very high appearence but less than the opponent has tactics.

If neither of these are true, it just means the RNG factor is so insane multiple theories with extensive and reliable testing were just conistant luck which is also possible.

Arthur Morgan

Reservist
In case of attack , if the attacker has more appearance than the defender's tactics , then the attacker has increased aim but the aim/dodge of the defender doesn't change.

In case of defense, if the defender has more tactics than the attacker's appearance , then the defender has increased aim , the attacker's aim doesn't change.

Appearance or Tactics only increase your aim.
In the Greek version of the game, the description of appearance/tactics says that it can also reduce your aim. But I guess that's just wrong then.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
In the Greek version of the game, the description of appearance/tactics says that it can also reduce your aim. But I guess that's just wrong then.
Guys, I hope you understand that those descriptions are not necessarily accurate, and the translations are often not very qualitative. Don't take the respective description as an indicator. For example, it doesn't say anywhere that there is a secondary resistance and it's 25% of reflex/toughness, but it's true and very easy to test,

Arthur Morgan

Reservist
From my tests (over 10k duels) I concluded that the winner of appearance vs tactics gets his aiming doubled.

I doubt it.
By how much do you need to win 'appearance vs tactics' to get that full effect of doubling your aim? By 10, by 50, by 100? And are you sure that the loser doesn't get their aim accordingly halfed or anything?

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
One day we'll get full transparancy on how duelling works exactly. Like how you can have too much of one skill and there's sweet spots. And how having no appearence is better than having very high appearence but less than the opponent has tactics.

If neither of these are true, it just means the RNG factor is so insane multiple theories with extensive and reliable testing were just conistant luck which is also possible.
Hmm , it's actually interesting because I once lost to a should win duel against a full Lucky clover set , had almost twice as much as aim/dodge , won at appearance but still lost. Then I dueled again and won by a landslide , it might not say it anywhere , but I highly believe that luck bonus increases some dueling stats but thats just me.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
The translation is actually very bad , you can check any other wiki just dont check GR , its the most outdated wiki and anyone doubting can go and check for themselves and make fun of us :D
Guys, I hope you understand that those descriptions are not necessarily accurate, and the translations are often not very qualitative. Don't take the respective description as an indicator. For example, it doesn't say anywhere that there is a secondary resistance and it's 25% of reflex/toughness, but it's true and very easy to test,
BUT HERE COMES GR which tells us that :D

It says winner (+1 difference is enough) gets an attack value boost which probably means some luck factor so u can have 0 aim vs opponent 1k dodge and still get 1-2 hits depending on luck like fort fights attack value boost...

Also it says the bigger the difference the bigger the reward now that could be like the other formulas 1-100 difference is *% boost on your aim or decreased aim of opponent something like that...

In early levels this is much more easy to understand but on very high levels with many skill points its confusing just like how the duelling strategy tactics too

I just had a duel with a bandit. I had 200 app vs 330 tactcs and 750 dodge vs 200 opponent aim.
I had crouch as tactic to evade head and shoulders but he did manage to get one hit on the shoulder but no other hits.
What would explain this?

Loki

The West Team
I just had a duel with a bandit. I had 200 app vs 330 tactcs and 750 dodge vs 200 opponent aim.
I had crouch as tactic to evade head and shoulders but he did manage to get one hit on the shoulder but no other hits.
What would explain this?
The West Wiki:
With each shot the attack value of the attacker is compared to the defence value of the defender. For this, a random value is taken between 1 and the attack value, and a random value between 1 and the defence value. If the attack value is higher, the attacker lands a hit and causes damage. If the value is lower, the shot doesn't hit its target and no damage is done.