• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Hello, Guest.
    This is the questions section. Here you can ask any question related to the game.
    Please make sure you read this thread before you post here!

Why cant we copy text ???

• Thread starter DeletedUser3230
  • Start date

DeletedUser3230

Why cant we copy text ???

It is very annoying - especially names - but we copy text all the time.
The names in this word are very international - some much too long and hard to spell - and now we have to write everything.
It is an essential part of the communication in this game - to be able to copy text - and repeat it to other players

I don't know if it is a feature or a bug - but please fix it.

DeletedUser

I was wondering the same thing, it's highly annoying that you can't copy anything from the ingame chat.

DeletedUser

one my friend say me that not a bug,is a feature,but i don't know why the devs put the feature -.-'

but to who use FIREFOX,click on right button of mouse in the place that you want copy;

click in inspect element (i don't know how it's called in english,in portuguese is "inspecionar elemento" but if i translate the words,is inspect element. is the last button down).

In the text,appear a bar in down and bar in right. Click in arrow that's next to "div#..." and select Copy Inner HTML.

Et voilá! It's copied. :P

Deleted User - 40

We disabled it for all windows by default in order to solve a nasty bug that selected text and elements in the game without the player wanting it.

For some windows like chat or telegrams we will enable it again before releasing 2.0 on live worlds. Which windows will have it and which not needs to be decided still though.

DeletedUser3230

We disabled it for all windows by default in order to solve a nasty bug that selected text and elements in the game without the player wanting it.

For some windows like chat or telegrams we will enable it again before releasing 2.0 on live worlds. Which windows will have it and which not needs to be decided still though.

If you want people to report errors in quest text - and other places in the game- We need to be able to copy text from there as well - maybe somebody are enthusiastic enough to type it all down - or to make screen-shoots every time - I don´t think I will be one of them.

Nice to haer that we will get some of i back :D

DeletedUser

I hope you'll enable it for quest windows, forum and reports as well...

DeletedUser

If you want people to report errors in quest text - and other places in the game- We need to be able to copy text from there..

Very good point - I reported about 3 or 4 bugs including map coordinates, and its a pain in the ass to type them digit by digit & rechecking 3 times so that the support finds the right place and you don't get a "Sorry, we can't reproduce..."

Copy & Paste rules! (And no, picking the text out of the DOM tree or even HTML source is no solution.)