• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Reward the players who acutally put more effort in!

notundead

Private
Hello everyone!

My issue is that older players get rewarded more simply because they started playing a lot earlier. Started with the achivements, there are a lot which newer players may never be able to achive. And the biggest issue is with the new level system.

What made me realize how unbalanced the whole system actually is, when I looked a top 5 players statistics on my market. And I saw the he is lvl 212 with only 59.000 jobs finished, with basic sets etc. I am currently level 180 with 360.000 jobs finished, have the highest xp bonus from clothes on my market with 350%+

He is so far ahead with no effort, that the only way I could even get close to him (just close not even leaving him behind) is if I sit here for 10+ hours a day doing 15 sec jobs. Which is not doable. Even on bonus weekends I see them just building the church, while I'm farming 15 sec jobs and is like I did nothing compared to them.

So why should I waste my time and money on new sets, like the new Easter unique weapon set, which only gives me extra 18% bonus, if I don't even have the chance of catching up? And what about new worlds? They can't even build the sets that I have, they will never be able to catch up.

My solution would be to increase the xp that normal jobs give. On the best day I could get 75.000 xp/hour, should be above 100.000/hour and that wouldn't even be enough, but an improvement at least.
Even then would take a lot of time to reach level 250.
I'm not saying that older players should be punished, but I'd rather lose against someone that puts at least the same effort in as me, than against someone who just logs in twice and gets more xp than I am.

ayias

Sergeant
Hello everyone!

My issue is that older players get rewarded more simply because they started playing a lot earlier. Started with the achivements, there are a lot which newer players may never be able to achive. And the biggest issue is with the new level system.

What made me realize how unbalanced the whole system actually is, when I looked a top 5 players statistics on my market. And I saw the he is lvl 212 with only 59.000 jobs finished, with basic sets etc. I am currently level 180 with 360.000 jobs finished, have the highest xp bonus from clothes on my market with 350%+

He is so far ahead with no effort, that the only way I could even get close to him (just close not even leaving him behind) is if I sit here for 10+ hours a day doing 15 sec jobs. Which is not doable. Even on bonus weekends I see them just building the church, while I'm farming 15 sec jobs and is like I did nothing compared to them.

So why should I waste my time and money on new sets, like the new Easter unique weapon set, which only gives me extra 18% bonus, if I don't even have the chance of catching up? And what about new worlds? They can't even build the sets that I have, they will never be able to catch up.

My solution would be to increase the xp that normal jobs give. On the best day I could get 75.000 xp/hour, should be above 100.000/hour and that wouldn't even be enough, but an improvement at least.
Even then would take a lot of time to reach level 250.
I'm not saying that older players should be punished, but I'd rather lose against someone that puts at least the same effort in as me, than against someone who just logs in twice and gets more xp than I am.
Unfair? U are wrong why do u not played from 2008 :))

Emma Swan

Corporal
I agree that experiences from everything should be little be more based on your level, but because level 250 is too much and it should be increased bit by bit, question of time when they annouce level 300. But I disagree that players that started later should blame people that are playing longer to have achievements done and see it as unfair. Its just like at work, you cant blame 8yo worker having more salary and maybe better position than you being there for less. Its normal, nothing to complain about :D

You can get yourself from zero to level 120 in 2 week with sets nowdays and buffs. I understand what do you mean but take it from side of players who is there longer. Totally unfair. And if you want faster achievements, well, make a deal with players to organise more FF, make duel seasons, be more active.

notundead

Private
I understand what do you mean but take it from side of players who is there longer. Totally unfair.
How would that be unfair to them? All I'm asking is more xp from jobs, they can do the same jobs as well.
I don't blame the players that play for longer. Problem is, that no matter how much money and time I put into this game, almost imposible to catch up.

Its just like at work, you cant blame 8yo worker having more salary and maybe better position than you being there for less.
And to take you example, irl if you work more and better you'll earn more, than the people that work there for longer. In my case this is how it is for example. I make more after 2 years, than my co-worker who's been there for 6 years now. And that is normal, the more you put in the more you should get out, not the other way around.

PVP is DEAD

Private
How would that be unfair to them? All I'm asking is more xp from jobs, they can do the same jobs as well.
I don't blame the players that play for longer. Problem is, that no matter how much money and time I put into this game, almost imposible to catch up.

And to take you example, irl if you work more and better you'll earn more, than the people that work there for longer. In my case this is how it is for example. I make more after 2 years, than my co-worker who's been there for 6 years now. And that is normal, the more you put in the more you should get out, not the other way around.
Spend 10.000 dollars or euros on event where will be poition with xp and you will see how easily you can catch him. You always have chance but you have to find your path. And the ansfer are nuggets for InnoGames whitch forgot to listen community of the game years and years ago.

the legit

Private First Class
The experience rates are ever increasing

Getting 1 million experience 10 years ago was at least 10 times more time consuming then now.

Moreover, the experience meta used to be 1h church work for a good amount of time. Which in jobs does reflects differently from doing 15s.

This game is somewhat of an MMO where the time you put in is reflected. People that have the played the game for longer time period and consistently deserve that time put in to be reflect in the form of experience or points in whatever rank.

If you want to achieve in 2 years what some have achieved in 10 years you have to work a lot harder, that is totally fair. It is much more unfair to trivialize that and if you understand how MMOs work then you understand that.

You can get yourself from zero to level 120 in 2 week with sets nowdays and buffs. I understand what do you mean but take it from side of players who is there longer. Totally unfair.
Well said!

Now if you'd like to discuss the whole lvl 250 unbalance and the farming bots, that is a completely different discussion

mastadont.

Staff Sergeant
if you start playing on an older world?
its normal you will never catch up
thats why they open new worlds every year
so the game is fair for everyone on that server
why would it be fair if you get the same position as an much older player?
is the one you mention a builder? then its not strange that he has less jobs
even the buildersets get beter or upgraded year by year so higher church? you have to put in more 15 sec jobs
I don't really see a problem?
you want to catch up with a high player on an older world? thats hard but you want to make it easy?

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
With 6 hours a day with the set you have you can farm 12.6kk xp in a month.
is if I sit here for 10+ hours a day doing 15 sec jobs. Which is not doable.
If you spend 10+ hours you can get 22.5kk xp , thats 2.5-3 levels in a month + login bonuses.

Old players are higher levels because they play the game longer. Simple as that , you can catch them but you need to put a lot of time + money to do that , it's just the way it is.
I agree that experiences from everything should be little be more based on your level
I also agree that experience should either increase on all jobs or be level based.

Remove the daily xp bonuses and increase xp from everything else maybe that would solve everything... But nobody wants because you would actually have to work to get xp at high levels