• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Hello, Guest.
    This is the questions section. Here you can ask any question related to the game.
    Please make sure you read this thread before you post here!

quest drops

DeletedUser

just wondering what happened to them, first i had to muck out stables 30 times to find 3 fertilizer

and now i am trying to get the 6 different pieces for the murder quest, with photo equiped i already breaking in horses for 10 times and still haven't found the piece?

just wondering why the hell did quest drops got so insanely hard now? its really not normal, i already shiver at the prospect of getting 45 guns at serving the army(2 hour job)

DeletedUser3230

just wondering what happened to them, first i had to muck out stables 30 times to find 3 fertilizer

and now i am trying to get the 6 different pieces for the murder quest, with photo equiped i already breaking in horses for 10 times and still haven't found the piece?

just wondering why the hell did quest drops got so insanely hard now? its really not normal, i already shiver at the prospect of getting 45 guns at serving the army(2 hour job)

Yes that is going to be crazy - we could chose 15 minutes - og ½ an hour before - 2 hours - that is going to be hard.

DeletedUser

ok a little bit of an update, remember on tw.1 when you did a 5 minute job you might not always got lucky with a quest item to drop, but on 1 hour jobs your succes rate kinda was 100% (think about for instance the rabbits in the travelling circus)

now with this new system it seems not only item drops(do 5 1 hour jobs and you sure to find 1-2 items, do 100 1 minute jobs and you might find 1) aren't adjusted to the new system, but also quest items are

it took me 15 jobs of breaking in horses with the picture to get the first piece of evidence, already discouraging i went on to picking tobacco

i did the job 50 times, and i got a lot of tobacco but not the evidence part(level 50 murder quest, yes i had the picture equiped) however i do can tell you what i did get, on this 1% danger job i managed to lose all my frigging health after being hit for 500 and 300 damage, and it was ko, bye bye energy(i literally got ko'ed just after i used a 36 bond buff from the shop to refill my energy), but not only that i also lost all my money(ok maybe not ontopic but bloody frustrating)

i am sorry but i spend 75 energy finding the first part of evidence now another 100 and still not found the 2nd item and instead of a ko.... these quest drop rates really need some fixing, since who the hell will else spend 1000 energy to find 6 items which will give you 1500 measly xp

for instance i tend to do gold jobs only on long jobs, and guarding the stage coach gives already 500+ xp per job, and only costs 19 energy, so it makes quests(well ok after you hit level 30-40) totally pointless since they are to big of a drag to complete this way. and yeah maybe losing your health on breaking up gangs ok, but on picking tobacco? you serious(yes i know its only 1% danger, but it still kills you)?

DeletedUser3230

Bug or feature ??

For me it seems to have stopped - the dropping of quest items.

I don't get the bloody cloth - when clearing woods - (11 times ½ hour)
I don't get the strange lump of dirt - (32 times transporting ammunition with pick axe)

no backpack - 12 times rafting wood with list in product slot.

I have done these quest many times now in different worlds - but never had this kind of trouble before.
I don't know if it is a bug- but I can read - that it is not just me - who are having trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

..I got the fertilizer at mucking out the stables for the lazy deputy quest ~2 weeks ago on Enewe... didn't have any other drop quests yet to give further feedback.

DeletedUser3230

Where are the quest items ???

I need feedback on this - I need to re skill to find 3. key in alamogordo - is it worth the trouble- or do I wait ???
I need to know- if it is worth the trouble to continue doing quests again in in Enewetak. My friend looked for the strange lump of dirt 151 times with no luck - so please - is it possible to find it at all. - And what about other quest items :eek::confused:

DeletedUser

...since I turned (Lvl) 50 today, I'll be spending some time in the forests from now on, I'll keep you informed about the success ;)

/edit: Today, first try @ clearing the forest -> bloody fabric.
So it was luck, or a 30min job is quite sufficient for quest drops, or a silver/gold job also raises the chance to find something (it was a silver one) ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser579

Is there any way to work more than 2 minutes on picking sugar? And other jobs, of course.

DeletedUser3230

Is there any way to work more than 2 minutes on picking sugar? And other jobs, of course.

You question does not really belong here - sugar are not quest drops.

But no - with the current work times - there is no way to work more than to minutes at the time on picking sugar. A lot of player have been complaining about that - but so far nu luck in changing that back - so we can choose our own work times.

DeletedUser2271

I think the problem is the drop rate from the quests.
They need to check each quest and adapt the drop rate of the item according with the new times or change it to a x/y times for doing that job.

They made some changes on the number of times that you need to made the job... but they need to check all the things that didn´t had a fixed drop rate.
That marker had some points according with the time it taked to do the job.
So now, the low time jobs, are getting a very very hard drop (the 3 key must be less than 0,000000000001%), but the jobs that have a high time, are getting normal drop for quest products.

So they should need to check the entire database of quests and correct the drop rate quest by quest to eliminate the time and get a fixed percentage of drop rate for each job.

Probably that will only happen when they have a stable version of the graphics and that is working normally on all visual and data.

DeletedUser3230

It seems to have improved now - Found the backpack - and 110 newspapers. Found the bloody fabric, 2 of the clues found in the longest jobs. Now I am picking tobacco - and here it still does not work - unless - the want us to pick tobacco more than 20 times.

Conclusion - it is possible to find quest items now - but the shorter the job time is - the harder it is.

DeletedUser

Help for Father Brown

I am stuck.
Look at http://tw-db.info/?strana=quest&serie=qs_72 id: 865; Glad tidings
Sunday between servertime 8.00 and 12.00hr, 1,5 hour Evangelizing.
Working time for Evangelizing is 2hrs. I need 2/2, do i have to start before 8 o'clock to finish the quest before 12o'clock?
Does someone know what to do?

PS: ID: 866; Scrap metal hunt, is also changed, we don't need knives and pan to finish the quest. (comment from dutch server, where 2.0 is up and running)

DeletedUser

...Working time for Evangelizing is 2hrs. I need 2/2, do i have to start before 8 o'clock to finish the quest before 12o'clock?
Does someone know what to do?...

Either start before 8 o'clock (the job has to END at 8am or later, I'd chose 8:01 for safety ^^), or split the task up and do one each sunday - the more likely solution, since you can only accept the quest from 8pm on (or at least could in 1.36), and as always, you have to accept the quest before any job counts for it.

Leones

Master Sergeant
Former Team Member
You don't actually have to work between 8 and 12 as far as I know, you just accept the quest at that time, work whenever you want, and then complete the quest next week.

DeletedUser

Ooops... Leones is right, of course.

I mixed that up with a quite similar question on the german forums - it was about quest drops (like the title of this thread says..)
If it's about drops, the end time of the job is important..

If it's only about doing jobs, only the accept/complete time matters.