• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Hello, Guest.
    This is the questions section. Here you can ask any question related to the game.
    Please make sure you read this thread before you post here!

Number of friends

• Thread starter Wyatt Berry Stapp Earp
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Why shall InnoGames now determine the number of my friends, it goes completely against my good upbringing when I learned I can not help to keep anyone outside.:mad:

Wyatt Berry Stapp Earp

DeletedUser

I will say wyatt has a point...when it is only possible to get 100 ppl on the friend list some ppl's will be in lack of "friends". It might make some players sad that they are not able to get enough friends and I do not like to be a part of some event that differs in players in that way :(

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
Why shall InnoGames now determine the number of my friends, it goes completely against my good upbringing when I learned I can not help to keep anyone outside.
If you just noticed now, you evidently wouldn't have 100 actual friends you wanted on your friends list, since this change was made days ago. You spelt "I want to abuse a bug so more people give me eggs" wrong ;)

I will say wyatt has a point...when it is only possible to get 100 ppl on the friend list some ppl's will be in lack of "friends". It might make some players sad that they are not able to get enough friends and I do not like to be a part of some event that differs in players in that way :(
The only people who should be sad are those that intended to rack up so many friends it made the game unbearably slow to load. Everyone else should be able to pair up just as they did to the first hundred last time; if anything, an even smaller limit would make it easier to ensure everyone reached their full quota.

DeletedUser2271

100 is already too much... for the resources that the friends bar uses on the servers.
The limit should be below 30.

And the event is for you to get into jobs, duels and other situations... not to get 1000000 eggs from the friend bar without doing anything for it... like it happened with the valentine event.

For this kinda of events, it would be better to the servers, to get more "coins" from the jobs, duels and fort battles than to use the friends bar thingi...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

100 is already too much... for the resources that the friends bar uses on the servers.
The limit should be below 30.

And the event is for you to get into jobs, duels and other situations... not to get 1000000 eggs from the friend bar without doing anything for it... like it happened with the valentine event.

For this kinda of events, it would be better to the servers, to get more "coins" from the jobs, duels and fort battles than to use the friends bar thingi...

Yeah I have to agree that the friends bar is already taking up a lot of server space considering how many people have all these friends and then disappear but all the characters are kept on the server for months after.

Right now in El Dorado I'm having to write out who I see online so I can figure out who the unactive players are.

DeletedUser

Yeah I have to agree that the friends bar is already taking up a lot of server space considering how many people have all these friends and then disappear but all the characters are kept on the server for months after.

Right now in El Dorado I'm having to write out who I see online so I can figure out who the unactive players are.

If the friends bar slows down the server that much then
something is wrong with either the server or the optimasion.
This game if it is coded corectly shouldn't drawn much from
and normal server.

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
There's nothing wrong with the server load afaik, and there definitely were optimisation issues at first that have been fixed, but loading more friends does still impact on client performance to some degree depending on the quality of your browser and computer.