• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

New damage Fortabattle Formula

Anthraxos

Reservist
Hello everyone,

Over the past decade, one element that has remained the same is how damage is done in fort battles. With the changes made to stamina and setting traps we've seen a number of players to have the option to try out different skillset in battles. The only thing that remained the same was the formula damage in the fort battles. The duellers kept playing the same way through these years. (all LD)
Below I'll present one version (of many) that could be applied to the fortress damage formula. I still have a lot of work to do to finalize it, but i would like to see your feedback on a formula like this.

Purpose:
The purpose initially is to allow the duellers to experiment more with their setups and at the same time to reduce the mass damage they cause. In addition, the damage of the tanks will rise a bit so that they can also have an additional role in the battles beyond just taking shots. ( so no need to change the ressistance formula)

Description:
The formula is divided into 3 sub-formulas. I have introduced 2 new abilities to the formula calculation, one in mobility and one in dexterity.
These abilities only work for attack and defense such as hiding and setting traps.

green_damage = ((base_gun_damage + damage_sector) * green_skill) / health;
blue_damage = ((base_gun_damage + damage_sector) * blue_skill) / health;
LD_damage = ((base_gun_damage + damage_sector) * Leadership) / health;

damage_formula_green = green_damage^0.3 + LD_damage*0.6 + (base_gun_damage + damage_sector);
damage_formula_blue = blue_damage^0.3 + LD_damage*0.6 + (base_gun_damage + damage_sector);

Explanation:
The formula is based on 3 features:
-Full Leadership = higher damage, but less accuracy in defense and attack.
-Full Mobility(attack) = higher accuracy/damage on attack, but less accuracy/damage on defense.
-Full Dexterity(defense) = higher accuracy/damage on defense, but less accuracy/damage on offense.

Leadership is added as damage to defense and offense. (as it works now)
Based on the above obviously the hit/dodge formulas will have to be adjusted as well, but that's something we can see in the future once we come up with the new damage formula.

I would like to read your feedback on my work above, and how should i move next or even if i am totally wrong let me know how should approach it !
@Diggo11 i would like to see you around here to :)

Last edited:

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Very nice idea , a change is indeed needed, playing the same thing over and over again is not fun , with this formula duelers/damage dealers will be able to experiment with different builds and will be more flexible even if they want to make a dueler/fortbattle character in ONE.

I'm interested to see where will this go!

MPRAVO ANTHRAXIKE

Guiri

Corporal
The formula looks a bit simple, sector damage seems to be applied 2 times plus the damage multiplier isn't taken into account. However, I do like the thinking about taking a part of the damage given out from leadership and using a secondary skill for it instead.

Anthraxos

Reservist
The formula looks a bit simple, sector damage seems to be applied 2 times plus the damage multiplier isn't taken into account. However, I do like the thinking about taking a part of the damage given out from leadership and using a secondary skill for it instead.
The formula should be simple in my opinion. In the past we've tried complicated things that didn't make sense.
The multiplier you see during combat is simply the final number that comes out of the damage formula. Bonus damage area is calculated twice as in the current formula. Once as basic damage and the second time as damage x of the leadership you have.

Based on the calculations I've made, the difference in damage will start from 100 and can go as high as 250 compared to the current formula. This depends on the setup the player chooses.

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
Why not the first formula where there was Fort Kampf? 2009 was the one in my head. It was the best I had read!? Who can remember these old Fort Kampf formulas?

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
But have the best formulas been true or have I been there? In the world where I come from, they used to discuss it. But at this old fort fights. Like little to remember. My first fort fight with rotten crossbow, razor, yellow top hat, red or blue clothes, yellow leather pants, black broken shoes, metal ball, donkey and the saddle and got a KO bullet :P :njub:. But I also had to put on a lot of running clothes. Because you couldn't refine attributes and skill points yet

Sorry. But you could switch. Could not because I was missing the Golden Falcon. And there you needed the blue cloth. I had sold almost gauze weapons with forked bullet from the worker. That's why I don't have it anymore. Where I had the stupid blue cloth. Had to work and what did I find? Exactly the blue cloth. Since it cost 6525$

Last edited: