• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Hello, Guest.
    This is the questions section. Here you can ask any question related to the game.
    Please make sure you read this thread before you post here!

Luck Drops

DeletedUser

This is really about luck and job motivation. I can remember that from the start of the game luck was not influenced by motivation. Maybe I remember stuff incorrectly.

With the 3rd key I found my first one from first job on a planned gear update in arizona .net server. I started on alomogordo and is properly a month into it. I have since noticed however that my luck bar decreases with motivation. Can this be confirmed and can we go further and say that 3rd key is more likely to be found keeping your motivation up which will translate to 3 to 4 days a day with buffs or 2-3 jobs cycle without buffs.

I included some pics :
NB ignore the 2hour 1 hour jobs the one with 0% is a 2 hour job world the other one I think is Alomogordo with 1 hour jobs.
World with 0 motivation-
nolucknowork.jpg

World with 100% motivation-
highluch.jpg

DeletedUser2352

It depends on how you look at it. Your luck values are not influenced by motivation. The drop rate is.
As far as I know this has been for ages. Let's say you have 10% motivation, then you have a very small
chance of getting a drop, the value of the drop however is still the same as with 100% motivation.
And furthermore a low motivation doesn't affect the drop of job items like hammers, trout etc.

I realy don't know how this affects the chances for a third key.

DeletedUser

Morphy your probably right about the drop value not affected. It would be interesting though to know from the developer whether with a low drop rate say 1% the program tries to find an item only say 1 in 100 times statistically or say with full motivation and drop rate of 25% whether it would statistically find an item every 1 out of 4 jobs for instance.

I guess one can test it but currently I only have 1 premium player although 3 worlds at full fms.

Leones

Master Sergeant
Former Team Member
The drop value is, as Morphy says, not affected by motivation.

It has been tested, and statistically, you would find an item ~25% of the time with 90%-100% motivation. I do not know if anyone has extensively tested it with a motivation close to 0%, but out of my personal experience, the chance to find an item with motivation that low is close to 1%.

DeletedUser

elmyr says its a quest drop so therefore not dependent on luck. I found the key now after a few months think 2 so am leaning more towards a combination perhaps of both a quest drop and luck. For the last few days I did grave robber at most 3 times a day but mostly 2 times to keep my mot at 100%.