• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Easy update idea for devs

Mia Corvere

Reservist
Hey all,

I'm sure it has been discussed a couple of times, but repetition is key and I'd say TW is more open to changes now than... in a long time. My topic for today is: Scripts are not bad, it's a lazy solution for game devs.

Why? Because if people use them - and by the number of downloads around them all we can see which ones are and aren't useful - it means that they should be part of the gameplay. To a certain point, ofc.

To name a few:

• Gold/silver jobs: if everyone had the option, sure, they'd collect at those points. You don't have the same silvers every day, you might not get silver dynamites for two weeks. Give players the option to collect effectivelly - legally
  • Collections: literally just makes your life easier to see which ones you have or don't have. Nice. Doesn't affect anything else, except for soul-killing scrolling of achievements.
  • Fortbattle tools/stats: you can't tell me that it doesn't bring more interest to the gameplay. You see stats, you see how the game moves, you understand it better, you care for it more.
  • Duel warner: perhaps the most controversial one yet. But. Duels have always been agreed upon? If you attack someone unknowingly, it's called something else. Robbery, highwaymanship, etc. Not a duel. Duels were fair at least in this manner. So. Why not warn players that a duel has been started against them? If we aren't about to change the whole concept?
  • Comparison tools: much like fortbattle tools, you understand the game better, you care more. You're also more likely to invest (and invest more) if you know something is good and you don't have to guess wildly.
  • Bigger inventory (and the option to bulk sell): isn't it also soul-crushing to scroll through 15 pages of hats? Because it does kill me. And selling them is just as annoying
  • Market tools: I didn't come play TW to get Einstein smart in maths. I also hate opening extra windows to calculate my prices. Price calculator is not a bad thing to have for everyone.
  • Color chats: not important, but don't see why not.
  • Event tools: We did get the one click send, which is a heaven-sent gift right there. But. Seeing nicely who sent me event currency is just - logical? Promotes more honest gameplay.
  • And because I'm running out of steam, something controversial here: The bot: you know which one. THE BOT. Why not give players the option to "charge up" automatic clicking? Wouldn't everyone want to have the option to legally let it run for 2hrs every... 24hrs? I believe it would actually bring more people to play activelly since they could make dinner or watch movie while also not getting behind the game. Right now the game promotes asocial behaviour. Not everyone has an understanding significant other and not everyone wants to sacrifice real life for a silly game. This way, people could have it all. And by implementing the bot legally, actually seeing what it does in the game would then allow support to hunt for those abusing the script. You could even make it a premium feature for some nuggets.
And the best thing?
It's the laziest way ever to develop the game at this point. All the devs would have to do is take EXISTING FEATURES and implement them. Ask the script developers to join the team. Award good scripts with a year's worth of nuggs in the future.

PVP is DEAD

Private
Hey all,

I'm sure it has been discussed a couple of times, but repetition is key and I'd say TW is more open to changes now than... in a long time. My topic for today is: Scripts are not bad, it's a lazy solution for game devs.

Why? Because if people use them - and by the number of downloads around them all we can see which ones are and aren't useful - it means that they should be part of the gameplay. To a certain point, ofc.

To name a few:

• Gold/silver jobs: if everyone had the option, sure, they'd collect at those points. You don't have the same silvers every day, you might not get silver dynamites for two weeks. Give players the option to collect effectivelly - legally
  • Collections: literally just makes your life easier to see which ones you have or don't have. Nice. Doesn't affect anything else, except for soul-killing scrolling of achievements.
  • Fortbattle tools/stats: you can't tell me that it doesn't bring more interest to the gameplay. You see stats, you see how the game moves, you understand it better, you care for it more.
  • Duel warner: perhaps the most controversial one yet. But. Duels have always been agreed upon? If you attack someone unknowingly, it's called something else. Robbery, highwaymanship, etc. Not a duel. Duels were fair at least in this manner. So. Why not warn players that a duel has been started against them? If we aren't about to change the whole concept?
  • Comparison tools: much like fortbattle tools, you understand the game better, you care more. You're also more likely to invest (and invest more) if you know something is good and you don't have to guess wildly.
  • Bigger inventory (and the option to bulk sell): isn't it also soul-crushing to scroll through 15 pages of hats? Because it does kill me. And selling them is just as annoying
  • Market tools: I didn't come play TW to get Einstein smart in maths. I also hate opening extra windows to calculate my prices. Price calculator is not a bad thing to have for everyone.
  • Event tools: We did get the one click send, which is a heaven-sent gift right there. But. Seeing nicely who sent me event currency is just - logical? Promotes more honest gameplay.
  • And because I'm running out of steam, something controversial here: The bot: you know which one. THE BOT. Why not give players the option to "charge up" automatic clicking? Wouldn't everyone want to have the option to legally let it run for 2hrs every... 24hrs? I believe it would actually bring more people to play activelly since they could make dinner or watch movie while also not getting behind the game. Right now the game promotes asocial behaviour. Not everyone has an understanding significant other and not everyone wants to sacrifice real life for a silly game. This way, people could have it all. And by implementing the bot legally, actually seeing what it does in the game would then allow support to hunt for those abusing the script. You could even make it a premium feature for some nuggets.
And the best thing?
It's the laziest way ever to develop the game at this point. All the devs would have to do is take EXISTING FEATURES and implement them. Ask the script developers to join the team. Award good scripts with a year's worth of nuggs in the future.
Why you waste yourt time, we was posting our suggestions for updates for years and years but nothing changed. You think that you will change something?...... But good luck you will need it.

Mullet

Reservist
Why you waste yourt time, we was posting our suggestions for updates for years and years but nothing changed. You think that you will change something?...... But good luck you will need it.

Well, Devs listened quite a few times during past moth or two. Perhaps, there is hope, becasuse those are quality of life suggestions and not "legalise cheating" suggestions. They managed to give us two-click-send-all button during events back in the day. I don´t see why most of the aforementioned suggestions could not be implemented, given the fact that :
a) New players would have easier time understanding the game without doing mental gymnastics,
b) Experienced players wouldn´t have to resolve "User unfriendliness" of the game as a whole by scripts.

Quite frankly, I see mostly benefits.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
And because I'm running out of steam, something controversial here: The bot: you know which one. THE BOT. Why not give players the option to "charge up" automatic clicking? Wouldn't everyone want to have the option to legally let it run for 2hrs every... 24hrs? I believe it would actually bring more people to play activelly since they could make dinner or watch movie while also not getting behind the game. Right now the game promotes asocial behaviour. Not everyone has an understanding significant other and not everyone wants to sacrifice real life for a silly game. This way, people could have it all. And by implementing the bot legally, actually seeing what it does in the game would then allow support to hunt for those abusing the script. You could even make it a premium feature for some nuggets.
Νo , this is terrible, it ruins the whole concept of 15s jobs , if you can't do it manually and you rather use a bot then don't do it at all. 15s jobs are meant to be exhausting so it's a BIG NO.

I don't mind the others though.

Mia Corvere

Reservist
I see your point, U.M., but here's the thing - does InnoGames want to attract & keep its TW players, or can it stand to lose players? The bot is being used. You can't deny that. It has a lot of downloads. And right now it divides people. If you believe in gruelling work - just never turn on your 2hrs. It could also be 2 hrs every week or month. But my main point is that by putting it into the game, InnoGames could a) earn more money and; b) actually chase after the ones using the bot excessively.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
I see your point, U.M., but here's the thing - does InnoGames want to attract & keep its TW players, or can it stand to lose players? The bot is being used. You can't deny that. It has a lot of downloads. And right now it divides people. If you believe in gruelling work - just never turn on your 2hrs. It could also be 2 hrs every week or month. But my main point is that by putting it into the game, InnoGames could a) earn more money and; b) actually chase after the ones using the bot excessively.
I don't know , I would rather use Nuggets for a premium feature that can double your current XP bonus.

For example my XP bonus from Gear is 323% , if there was a premium feature that could double that bonus and make it 646% I would gladly spend Nuggets for that and I'm sure many more players would do that. And to be honest this will bring even more revenue than to use a BOT. It can also make it slightly easier to achieve the 250 Level mark.

PVP is DEAD

Private
Well, Devs listened quite a few times during past moth or two. Perhaps, there is hope, becasuse those are quality of life suggestions and not "legalise cheating" suggestions. They managed to give us two-click-send-all button during events back in the day. I don´t see why most of the aforementioned suggestions could not be implemented, given the fact that :
a) New players would have easier time understanding the game without doing mental gymnastics,
b) Experienced players wouldn´t have to resolve "User unfriendliness" of the game as a whole by scripts.

Quite frankly, I see mostly benefits.
Haha, its too late where they have been when there were players, many playerst quitted and deleted accounts because of that systeam what devs was presenting.... Its tooooooooooo late. And if they listened to 2 or 3 requierements it doesent mean that they will listen to any of upcoming, fdont waste your time to talking to me like that im here since first server and in fact nothing has changed.... and nothing will... but if im not right and something will happen its really too late to do something this game will never be playable or attractive for new players... Never.... This is the west in 2023... RIP

Hey all,

To name a few:

And the best thing?
Gold/silver jobs should be marked when you see them. tw-db script has that function.
Duel warner? maybe last 30 seconds or so...
We need dodge, damage count.

About bot... Well I can pay for it maybe 200-300 nuggets for 1 week :D Even if you cut about %10 from experience, money etc. it would still be worth it...

Νo , this is terrible, it ruins the whole concept of 15s jobs , if you can't do it manually and you rather use a bot then don't do it at all. 15s jobs are meant to be exhausting so it's a BIG NO.

I don't mind the others though.
I agree with you but with bot players will be more active... Also the easy way exists and players that want to be competitive use it even though its illegal... So for the average not so serious player this would make the game more appealing

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
I agree with you but with bot players will be more active... Also the easy way exists and players that want to be competitive use it even though its illegal... So for the average not so serious player this would make the game more appealing
Sure you have a point but you know if someone uses the bot and gets reported the support team will investigate the player and it's really not that hard for them to see if the player is manually doing 15s or using a BOT. Also with the new system that can detect which scripts you have it's really not that hard to see if someone uses a BOT. If on the other hand the player is not serious as you say then why bother use the BOT if he can get banned at any time then he must start all over again. It's a waste of resources and time and in the end you won't gain much rather than a bad name for yourself for being an autoclicker.