• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Hello, Guest.
    This is the questions section. Here you can ask any question related to the game.
    Please make sure you read this thread before you post here!

need a script

DeletedUser

can someone provide me with a script to pick up all my stuff at a town on the market that will work on the .net servers too.

DeletedUser

ok yes this works: but i also need to pick up close to about 1000 potato money i sold. in sale tab. i said stuff i purchased but i also meant stuff i sold.?

can the script writer please amend it somehow or perhaps a developer rewrite the script and make the new copy available here.

too explain this is kinda a issue with migration: you cannot delete an account if you still have stuff either for sale or for purchase on the market. I was thinking for a reason behind this rule: only 1 I can think of as specifically for migration: old character drops shinies on market: 20 seconds later his replacement with help of town invite buy all his stuff i.e. collating multiple inventories.

Many players will probably downsize or bring stronger characters in place of their current "world" player. I am deleting my briscoe character who was a potato farmer for a year and replacing him with a higher level/better skilled player.

ok so if anyone can contribute.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser380

ok yes this works: but i also need to pick up close to about 1000 potato money i sold. in sale tab. i said stuff i purchased but i also meant stuff i sold.?
So, your problem is that you have hundreds of separate sales that you somehow need to pick up? A consequence of using my old market script?
If this is the case, I could create a really basic script which should pick these up for you (to save you the clicking), you just need to get to the locations on your own.

DeletedUser

So, your problem is that you have hundreds of separate sales that you somehow need to pick up? A consequence of using my old market script?
If this is the case, I could create a really basic script which should pick these up for you (to save you the clicking), you just need to get to the locations on your own.

thanks petee that would be great. yep i will get to town self need just to pick up the money for a lot of sales. when i pick up more than few "sales" it throws an "empty server error" then i have to wait a few minutes before anything works in the world again.

DeletedUser

well i hope you know that such a script won't be allowed without approval by us?

DeletedUser

darkguardian said:
:
Originally Posted by Petee
well i hope you know that such a script won't be allowed without approval by us?

I dont see the issue? Please explain. Am I pushing my account with the money I made from selling my items.

Multiple sales is allowed but you need to pick up items separately? Why is this?

ps:I put up exactly 1000 potatoes and exactly 1000 was sold. I can give you the account password if you enjoy clicking 1000 times to pick up stuff.

DeletedUser

I dont see the issue? Please explain. Am I pushing my account with the money I made from selling my items.

Multiple sales is allowed but you need to pick up items separately? Why is this?

ps:I put up exactly 1000 potatoes and exactly 1000 was sold. I can give you the account password if you enjoy clicking 1000 times to pick up stuff.

§8) Bots

The game may only be played with a conventional browser. Macros, scripts and/or bots that automatically log on or trigger game actions are prohibited unless they have been approved my the West Team. Please refer to the forum for a list of allowed scripts or to submit yours for approval.

DeletedUser

despite this rule. i still cant see how this would be considered a bot? in the normal sense of the word. all it will do is upon my travel to the town: i will manually copy and paste this into the address bar and run it picking up all my items.

i can see how if for example i wrote a bot that travels to towns in my absense and collect items there it would be considered a bot. but this just remove schlepp .

so i guess you could just say we pre approve this? as you already know how the script will operate and its actions.

ps. petee anyway writes many scripts. How wont he know how it works , exactly?

DeletedUser

The point is, this script will automatically do actions for a player. And considering to this rule these scripts are prohibited unless they are approved

DeletedUser

its a non issue as petee obviously will get it approved before he places it.

Anyway its a case of another stupid the west rule or administrative misnomer. as the user doesnt have access to the information " script A has been approved or not approved" one can never enforce this rule against users as that would be considered a administratively unfair practice. A simple table with unique key for script , name of programmer, description of script :may solve this. At-least then the user may check the key with the approved scripts in the source code or in the first "comment" line of the script

DeletedUser380

The point is, this script will automatically do actions for a player. And considering to this rule these scripts are prohibited unless they are approved
its a non issue as petee obviously will get it approved before he places it.
Sure... By the way, what would you think about a script, which would locate the 4 closest jobs to your character in one click and will send you working there in a second click? No scheduling or automated queuing of work, of course.
I mean, just... hypothetically...
troll_face.png

DeletedUser

one can place 1000 items in 1 action. One cannot pick up the money for the 1000 or items sold in one action.

that is the just of the problem the script will address i cant see the downside to letting a user do this.

as to your second scenario. although i wouldnt see the point to such a script except for a low level it might be considered a bot.

DeletedUser

Your all getting sidetracked. I anyway picked up all the stuff already : although it threw a empty server response about every 30 to 50 clicks.

If I wanted to write bots I would get the latest Microsoft visual studio update (free trial) invest in a book about ajax, learn it then couple it with my current knowledge about visual basic and write the following:

Database with locations of jobs near my town.
Database containing a schedule.
Actual Time Values Database.
Database of equipment best suited for particular job, travel and sleep.

Simple App That populate the actual time values database.
Simple separate function that checks time against my schedule and then run certain scripts at certain time.

But why? In short I didnt ask for a bot I asked for a helper script to remove a schlepp job that circumvents the west inability to process multiple transactions at a certain time. If I did invest that time I would probably create a game of my own.

DeletedUser

i need to ask why this feature is not in the game already???, correct me if im wrong but if you have several items to collect from a ghost town you can collect all items with 1 click once you arrive. so why not when you travel to an active town you dont have this feature??

DeletedUser

Ok the script still works on my part . Uhmm but I have nothing on the market. The author is darkyndy whoever that is .

DeletedUser

Ok the script still works on my part . Uhmm but I have nothing on the market. The author is darkyndy whoever that is .

Nothing on the market? That's why it seems to work for you :P
Darkyndy is here on the forums, too. I tried to contact him via PM 3 months ago, but he never replied... :(

You can simply "fix" the script to work with 1.36 yourself - change line 1303 from
Code:
if (TheWestApi.version === "1.34" || TheWestApi.version === "1.35")
to
Code:
if (TheWestApi.version === "1.34" || TheWestApi.version === "1.35" || TheWestApi.version === "1.36")
- the data structure of TW hasn't changed, it's all a matter of this version check.
(You can edit the installed script in your browser's script/addon folder [don't forget to restart the browser afterwards], or DOWNLOAD it again from userscripts.org, make the changes and re-install the edited script)

BTW, if you like the A1-D10 county naming known from TW-Pro/cloth calc, change line 982 from
Code:
$square = jQuery("<div>").attr({"id": prefix + "Square" + i + "_" + j, "class": otherClass});
to
Code:
$square = jQuery("<div>").attr({"id": prefix + "Square" + i + "_" + j, "class": otherClass}).html('<div style="font-size: 22pt; font-weight: bold; color: #9A8E45; text-align: center;">' + String.fromCharCode(64+j) + i.toString() + '</div>');
Have fun! ;)

DeletedUser

thanks Bluep :)
I uploaded it on userscripts.org, you can find it there