• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Hello, Guest.
    This is the questions section. Here you can ask any question related to the game.
    Please make sure you read this thread before you post here!

Fort battles

alexstraszaPT

Reservist
Hello!
I am here after long amount of years of experiencing this and today was the last battle I could handle this.

This player as subject is lvl 156 and I am lvl 180.

Our versus-versus abilities on attack were:
1717 vs 2304 leadership
1271 vs 1140 accuracy
1249 vs 1377 hiding

His set is a Sousa equally as mine and both of us are sharing the same mount, the biggest difference is: I am using Union Officer guns and he is using Black heart of the dead's.
Althought this happened on multiple battles, I took 100% notice this time and we shot over 50% of our shots on the same sector as each other and this player currently on every battle we share together, he shots 20% better than I did on average.

We have the same playstyle, I got better arsenal than he does, I got level advantage and premium weapons that he will never achieve, however, he manages to out damage me most of the time just based on shots landed vs shots missed

Tracking:
32/7 vs 21/17
16/12 vs 4/18 (I was AFK on attackers on pistol tower for 20~ rounds)
33/19 vs 14/13 (I shot less because I had to go AFK but on much higher shooting he still had MUCH HIGHER hit percentage)
13/20 vs 10/23

These are just the most recent 5 battles, but I have been seeing this so much that I have been tracking for over a month.

Is this skill issue and I gotta get good or is there anything else?

From my past experience with this current account, when Black Bart was the set to go to, I had Black Bart all level 3 with Sniper level 5 and never ever could beat the top1 with Tinglit weapons even when he had less level, less abilities, less Black Bart bonus.

I need answers, to understand if I should workout something or just delete this crap account. Because for years I thought, well maybe I have to be better at chosing shooting locations, but after hundreds of battles shooting exactly from where the top hitters (%) are shooting, I gotta have better percentage. In this scenario specially because I am top10 in leadership and hiding when battles are on and I dont end on the top20 of hitting shots %.

the legit

Private First Class
While the sample size is too small to account for the game's RNG, while analyzing said battles I notice some things by way of review.

For sake of understanding the lvl 156 he's referencing is Razarala so I will mention him by name.

Fort Fight 1

Example 1)
Razarala (closest highlighted player next to duelist tower) spent about a dozen of rounds as close as he can be to the target whilist Alexstrasza's (on the right) distance is considerable more.
Note: Ever since 2.192 update the distance differences is more accentuated.
1714103167102.png

Example 2)
Razarala (again, closest to tower) is adjacent to two soldiers, receiving a significant buff from their leadership, where as Alexstrasza isn't.

1714103442129.png

After reviewing this FF, In an equal enviroment with millions of simulations played I would expect Razarala to outperform Alexstrasza damage wise.

Fort Fight 2

This is the fortfight Alexstrasza claims: 4/18 (I was AFK on attackers on pistol tower for 20~ rounds).

What really happend to result in this is that he was using REGEN set and NOT DAMAGE SET so its not a fair comparison, obviously.

1714104330826.png

Fort Fight 3

Other than shooting from similar distances for a good portion of the fight this part contributes to Razarala shooting % vs. when both were in similar places.
Razalara is the player on the left

1714104470117.png

Fort Fight 4

Hasn't been uploaded to westforts so I cannot comment.

In short,

In FF 1 Razarala played better than Alexstrasza (for damage)
In FF 2 Razarala had damage set while Alexstrasza had Regeneration set
In FF 3 Razarala had some higher percentage shots while shooting from soldier tower to the ground.
No data for FF 4.

To answer your question, get good.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
While the sample size is too small to account for the game's RNG, while analyzing said battles I notice some things by way of review.

For sake of understanding the lvl 156 he's referencing is Razarala so I will mention him by name.

Fort Fight 1

Example 1)
Razarala (closest highlighted player next to duelist tower) spent about a dozen of rounds as close as he can be to the target whilist Alexstrasza's (on the right) distance is considerable more.
Note: Ever since 2.192 update the distance differences is more accentuated.
View attachment 2360

Example 2) Razarala (again, closest to tower) is adjacent to two soldiers, receiving a significant buff from their leadership, where as Alexstrasza isn't.

View attachment 2361

After reviewing this FF, In an equal enviroment with millions of simulations played I would expect Razarala to outperform Alexstrasza damage wise.

Fort Fight 2

This is the fortfight Alexstrasza claims: 4/18 (I was AFK on attackers on pistol tower for 20~ rounds).

What really happend to result in this is that he was using REGEN set and NOT DAMAGE SET so its not a fair comparison, obviously.

View attachment 2362

Fort Fight 3

Other than shooting from similar distances for a good portion of the fight this part contributes to Razarala shooting % vs. when both were in similar places.
Razalara is the player on the left

View attachment 2363

Fort Fight 4

Hasn't been uploaded to westforts so I cannot comment.

In short,

In FF 1 Razarala played better than Alexstrasza (for damage)
In FF 2 Razarala had damage set while Alexstrasza had Regeneration set
In FF 3 Razarala had some higher percentage shots while shooting from soldier tower to the ground.
No data for FF 4.

To answer your question, get good.
Give this man a medal.

alexstraszaPT

Reservist
Legit you have been playing over 5 years with me, both on my side, and both against me. This is a small sample size as you said, and I have competed vs West Machine, zeze10, WildGenes, joão.b, leonardo.moreira, who97 and Nare in El Dorado PT for over 3 years for the top damages and you knew (know) that I have fought againsnt them on a daily basis with similiar to better item set or weapons. For reference: https://www.westforts.com/pt13/players

You are more than aware of what my builds were back then and how poor was my %.

Since my sample was small I did a bigget one, not comparing anyone but just my percentages.

14/15 https://www.westforts.com/pt11/battles/battle/20988
7/13 https://www.westforts.com/pt11/battles/battle/20992
9/12 https://www.westforts.com/pt11/battles/battle/21006
22/17 https://www.westforts.com/pt11/battles/battle/21009
6/22 (FUNNY ONE, worst percentage than with REGEN SET) https://www.westforts.com/pt11/battles/battle/21019
8/10 https://www.westforts.com/pt11/battles/battle/21020
3/13 (after missing 10 shots I gave up on this battle) https://www.westforts.com/pt11/battles/battle/21020
10/17 https://www.westforts.com/pt11/battles/battle/21046
14/20 https://www.westforts.com/pt11/battles/battle/21047
21/19 https://www.westforts.com/pt11/battles/battle/21005

272 shots
114 hits

42% of accuracy from a player that has top10 leadership / hiding / setting traps and over 1150 accuracy with Union officer guns.

I am was humble and honest to ask if is this a skill issue, or not, indeed that was honest from me, I did expect to get an answer, what I didn't expect is the community is still as toxic as it is to help someone who is facing an issue of 40% shooting for over 8 years, while of those 8 years (2016 to 2018) being literally top1/2 in every ability related to forts, having the best sets or weapons by a margin and still getting gapped.

I do remember clearly being on soldiers tower, surrounded by bonus and also missing over 7 straight shots on you. For as much as dodging that you have, I have as much accuracy and bonuses.

For the Uchiha Madara, you have been a troll for years here, I did expect exactly that type of shit comment.

the legit

Private First Class
Spends one's own time to review your FF's to give you a detailed answer, which you have asked for to explain your results.
Gets called toxic.

You provided information as evidence to your case a FF which you were using a regeneration set, which is very misleading to the readers. If you're going to claim unjustices provide accurate information.

The game isn't rigged against you, look within for improvement.

I will not provide any further reviews or input because you are not looking for an actual answer, you are looking for someone to echo chamber your feelings about the game.

alexstraszaPT

Reservist
Spends one's own time to review your FF's to give you a detailed answer, which you have asked for to explain your results.
Gets called toxic.

You provided information as evidence to your case a FF which you were using a regeneration set, which is very misleading to the readers. If you're going to claim unjustices provide accurate information.

The game isn't rigged against you, look within for improvement.

I will not provide any further reviews or input because you are not looking for an actual answer, you are looking for someone to echo chamber your feelings about the game.

I'm not looking to express feelings, I'm looking for answers from over 8 years of an account that has had over the years the best sets, evolved, weapons like Sniper level 5 and Union, items like Wright Brothers, regularly on top10 of skills in forts and in 8 years, I have never had a hit percentage higher than 50%, when many times, in battles where like 3/13, for example, I spent 16 rounds shooting with bonuses from the tower and members to give bonuses, shooting worse than lower level/worse item players.

This is not an anomaly, this is 8 years of battles and witnessing this, if according to what you say, and I appreciate your comment, distance makes a difference since patch 2.192, so as before this same patch, my results were exactly the same.

I repeat, I appreciate your input, and when I said the toxic reference, it was referring to the Uchiha comment, not your comment, which despite being informative, could mock my person a little less, especially since you've been playing with me for over 8 years and you've seen me openly question why my % of hitting is so bad.

And I continue, 8 years later, to build good sets, spend a lot of $ on the sets, spend real money on weapons, wright brothers, and other items, not realizing how inferior my accuracy is, if distance is the factor, I guarantee that I will test the next battles by shooting at close range, and see if what counts is having 310 hits on the tower from a distance or having 220 on the ground 3 squares to the side.

"The game isn't rigged against you, look within for improvement."

Thats why I came here for understanding if I should improve, not to be mocked/made fun of in open space.

Have you actually calculated every parameter? What is your class? Workers hit more often than other classes

Its not just about skill points as the more skills you get the less it matters. Its also have to do about total skill points ÷ character level since the lower level you are you get better att/def bonus.

Also the distance matters a lot dont forget that.

alexstraszaPT

Reservist
Have you actually calculated every parameter? What is your class? Workers hit more often than other classes

Its not just about skill points as the more skills you get the less it matters. Its also have to do about total skill points ÷ character level since the lower level you are you get better att/def bonus.

Also the distance matters a lot dont forget that.

I am a dueller!
So does being lower level helps the attack/defensive bonus?

I was aware that distance was a factor but not as a big deal like Legit shown in one of the pictures where I was 1 square farther than the other player and that can impact much the accuracy since my stats are way higher than they are, not to mention the weapons and bonuses each other have.

I will for sure take close looking to do the next fort battles with close range shots to see if my percentage goes from 40% to 60% like most of the duellers are doing in the server. I will use the next 10 battles are sample to seek if this was just distance making a huge difference, or if there is anything else, because after years of trying to have the best possible set, best possible weapons, its frustrating to hit 40% per battle.

Thank you for the input.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Calling me a "troll for years" hurt my feelings man, not cool. You really believe that? If I was one you would've gotten a way different answer.

This isn't about me though so I hope you find your answers. Like legit said , you can't compare a fight were you are with regen set vs a fight with normal set.

I will give you an example on how you are actually a noob, https://www.westforts.com/pt11/battles/battle/20988 , tell me , why do you move to West Wall , losing line of sight for 5 rounds? On round 33 for some reason you go on North Wall and you try to chase others where you have not a single tank Infront of you , you become a tank yourself and you die in the very next round. You didn't even try to get back to cover ( if you would you would've survived ) . Only by this battle I don't need to see any other battle to understand that there's a skill issue in play. No offense to you but sometimes truth can hurt.

I hope you find your desired gaslighting answer.

alexstraszaPT

Reservist
Calling me a "troll for years" hurt my feelings man, not cool. You really believe that? If I was one you would've gotten a way different answer.

This isn't about me though so I hope you find your answers. Like legit said , you can't compare a fight were you are with regen set vs a fight with normal set.

I will give you an example on how you are actually a noob, https://www.westforts.com/pt11/battles/battle/20988 , tell me , why do you move to West Wall , losing line of sight for 5 rounds? On round 33 for some reason you go on North Wall and you try to chase others where you have not a single tank Infront of you , you become a tank yourself and you die in the very next round. You didn't even try to get back to cover ( if you would you would've survived ) . Only by this battle I don't need to see any other battle to understand that there's a skill issue in play. No offense to you but sometimes truth can hurt.

I hope you find your desired gaslighting answer.

From all the battles above, you managed to chose the exact example where I was offline for 80% of the battle and after the battle was won I setted duellers tower and went back to my CS2 game. Great example and display of how great of a person you are.

Nonetheless, you could clearly ignore and call "noob" to a player that was top4 damage on pt13 in 2015 and top2 damage on pt13 in 2016, which btw, is the exactly same game as in 2024, with some minor differences (sets and distance, apparently). But even aware of my past achievements in 2015 and 2016, I am not close to the very best of this game so I am humble to ask for help and understand why is my character missing so much standing on towers, because even on the battle that you decided to pick on, I still missed over 50% of shots on being on a tower with the stats that I have.

So using the example that I shared and you used to call me a noob, a character that started on west wall (because it was asked by the command to do so because I would start off/stay off for whole fort battle) and decided to go AFK and set my moving to duelllers tower because I was on a CS2 game mid fort battle, you decided that is the defining factor of my missing. While if we use volkom1 as example, he shot over 50% staying on basically soldiers tower and adventurers tower for 90% of the time.

This is the factor that I want to understand, he had the same distance as I had, but better abilities and weapons, so therefore, more accuracy, to me it makes sense. Thats why I want to understand how lower level/inferior sets have still better accuracy than me since I can not outplay players like volkom who own the best sets/weapons + level advantage.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
From all the battles above, you managed to chose the exact example where I was offline for 80% of the battle and after the battle was won I setted duellers tower and went back to my CS2 game. Great example and display of how great of a person you are.

Nonetheless, you could clearly ignore and call "noob" to a player that was top4 damage on pt13 in 2015 and top2 damage on pt13 in 2016, which btw, is the exactly same game as in 2024, with some minor differences (sets and distance, apparently). But even aware of my past achievements in 2015 and 2016, I am not close to the very best of this game so I am humble to ask for help and understand why is my character missing so much standing on towers, because even on the battle that you decided to pick on, I still missed over 50% of shots on being on a tower with the stats that I have.

So using the example that I shared and you used to call me a noob, a character that started on west wall (because it was asked by the command to do so because I would start off/stay off for whole fort battle) and decided to go AFK and set my moving to duelllers tower because I was on a CS2 game mid fort battle, you decided that is the defining factor of my missing. While if we use volkom1 as example, he shot over 50% staying on basically soldiers tower and adventurers tower for 90% of the time.

This is the factor that I want to understand, he had the same distance as I had, but better abilities and weapons, so therefore, more accuracy, to me it makes sense. Thats why I want to understand how lower level/inferior sets have still better accuracy than me since I can not outplay players like volkom who own the best sets/weapons + level advantage.
Ι highly suggest you then to provide battles that you are 100% ONLINE , providing battles that you are AFK or you start while being OFF will not lead you to a proper answer. That was the first battle you added and I saw that. I'm not going to smell my nails to understand you start OFF or you were AFK.

Being afk in battle is the first time that I hear this. You either online and play 100% or don't participate in a battle. By being AFK you lose a lot for your team , I'd say it's understandable if you are AFK for 1 or even 2 rounds , but more than that it's a sabotage for your OWN team. Maybe if you are AFK , communicate with your leader to put you to a place where you have LOS and the team formation will not change for a few rounds. But again being afk in battles for excessive amount of rounds is not the right thing to do.

alexstraszaPT

Reservist
Ι highly suggest you then to provide battles that you are 100% ONLINE , providing battles that you are AFK or you start while being OFF will not lead you to a proper answer. That was the first battle you added and I saw that. I'm not going to smell my nails to understand you start OFF or you were AFK.

Being afk in battle is the first time that I hear this. You either online and play 100% or don't participate in a battle. By being AFK you lose a lot for your team , I'd say it's understandable if you are AFK for 1 or even 2 rounds , but more than that it's a sabotage for your OWN team. Maybe if you are AFK , communicate with your leader to put you to a place where you have LOS and the team formation will not change for a few rounds. But again being afk in battles for excessive amount of rounds is not the right thing to do.
I usually attack/defend for volkom (leader of the ally that I usually battle for) and he is the one that even offline wants me there because my level/sets are proper to be "AFK" on towers and actually shoot, in fact my highest damage fortbattle was offline going 60k dmg on 39/15, which is an anomaly for my usual stats in fortbattles.

I agree that being AFK is "sabotaging" on NET/GER servers, not in the portuguese since we are the same 80 players for 8 years, I wish I could move my character to NET server so I could have fun playing online because yes, currently I fort battle while playing CS2 faceit games, which makes the fortbattle a secondary thing, moving while I am dead or spawning in the other game, making me to take worse decisions on movement affecting some accuracy, I can give you that one but still, some of the battles that I have shown as example in the 10 battles sample, are battles were I am off/online on towers shooting on the same scenario as others and miss way more (15 to 30%) than others with same/worse sets.
I will be super aware and play online the next 10 battles so we have a proper conclusion on this, but my "anger" and insatisfaction doesn't come from yesterday, comes from 2015 and 2016 where I was always missing way more than the players I stated of that times.

Thanks for you input.

BigNoob

Reservist
First of all It's crazy for me to see the amount of mistakes on this thread. Let's start by an in-depth walk through guide on how hitting someone works.

In this link you can read for yourself some of the concepts.

Step 1: The game calculates your max hit chance. Your hit chance is based on your aiming, leadership, hiding/setting traps, attack bonus (from gear and buffs), sector attack (from sets like black heart of the dead), your own level, attack bonus from fort structures, leadership bonus from soldiers, your class...
Step 2: The game divides your max hit chance by the distance penalty (formula: ((Distance^1,2)/100)+1 ).
Step 3: The game generates a random number between 0 and the number obtained on step 2.
Step 4: The game generates a random number between 0 and the max dodge chance of your target
Step 5: If the final hit chance number is bigger than the final dodge chance number the shot results in a hit. If the final hit chance number is smaller than the final dodge chance number the shot results in a miss.

I am a PT player playing on .net with a significant level & gear disadvantage relative to the other damagers there (Yes I am looking at you Beef :P) but due to knowing how things work and using the best strategies I am practically always top 10 damage on my side, and even several top 3-5 recently.

alexstraszaPT

Reservist
First of all It's crazy for me to see the amount of mistakes on this thread. Let's start by an in-depth walk through guide on how hitting someone works.

In this link you can read for yourself some of the concepts.

Step 1: The game calculates your max hit chance. Your hit chance is based on your aiming, leadership, hiding/setting traps, attack bonus (from gear and buffs), sector attack (from sets like black heart of the dead), your own level, attack bonus from fort structures, leadership bonus from soldiers, your class...
Step 2: The game divides your max hit chance by the distance penalty (formula: ((Distance^1,2)/100)+1 ).
Step 3: The game generates a random number between 0 and the number obtained on step 2.
Step 4: The game generates a random number between 0 and the max dodge chance of your target
Step 5: If the final hit chance number is bigger than the final dodge chance number the shot results in a hit. If the final hit chance number is smaller than the final dodge chance number the shot results in a miss.

I am a PT player playing on .net with a significant level & gear disadvantage relative to the other damagers there (Yes I am looking at you Beef :P) but due to knowing how things work and using the best strategies I am practically always top 10 damage on my side, and even several top 3-5 recently.

Thanks for the input.

From what I saw on the guide then the example 2 used by legit is pointless since we were both less than 5 fields away, however in the first there is a +15 advantage for him because I was over the 5 fields mark but under 10.
Is there any excel that I can properly calculate stuff? Tw-calc and the wiki isnt so user friendly.
Thanks for the input.

BigNoob

Reservist
I dont know any calculator out there. That is why I made mine myself:Captura de ecrã 2024-04-26 172547.png

This is a picture of the simple version. The advanced version is much more complex and complete.

the legit

Private First Class
Thanks for the input.

From what I saw on the guide then the example 2 used by legit is pointless since we were both less than 5 fields away, however in the first there is a +15 advantage for him because I was over the 5 fields mark but under 10.
Is there any excel that I can properly calculate stuff? Tw-calc and the wiki isnt so user friendly.
Thanks for the input.
Example 2 was about Razarala idealizing leadership buff to attack value via being adjacent to 2 soldiers, so not so much to do with distance.
Those 3 stats in wiki are examples for those specific distances, the value is different for every field not in those 3 intervals only, so it does matter and is not pointless.

BigNoob

Reservist
The wiki is completed outdated, the wiki's calculator is outdated, things no longer work the way the wiki's calculator calculates. Also the distance penalty is no longer a flat bonus to the dodge chance of the target. Now its a % nerf to the shooter's hit chance.