• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Finalist #2: Trail of the spirits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
Questline summary: The player assists sheriff John Fitzburn at work, and when the sheriff begins to act odd, must turn to the other saloon regulars for help, delving into Indian rituals with Waupee, in order to free the sheriff from the intruding spirit's grasp. With an Extravagant Indian bustle made by Maya and a sacrificial offer prepared by Henry, will the player be able to save the sheriff?
Questline name: Trail of the spirits
Player level: 115

Quest name: 1. Tribal tribulations
Employer: Sheriff John Fitzburn
Quest text: Sheriff: Ah, good thing you came, [Player]! I was just about to head out to the reservation, as I have some business to take care of. Why don't you come along?
As you prepare for a full day of work, the Sheriff -eyeing the firewater and tobacco hut- excuses himself to go talk to the chief about something important.
Requirements: Plan a reservation (3 hours)
Reward:
Final text: You've finished work and the sheriff meets up with you again. Not saying a single word, the two of you head back to the saloon for a drink.

Quest name: 2. White Russian
Employer: Henry Walker
Quest text: Henry: Good evening, [Player]! Tough day, huh? Well, one of the usual coming right up.
I'm glad you showed up actually, I have a favor to ask of you. I heard a rumor that a Russian royalty is traveling around these parts. As you can guess, I will need to stock up on vodka fast, are you up for the job?
Requirements: Vodka 5/5
Reward:
Final text: Henry: Thank you so much, [Player]. I owe you one! Oh, and before you go, Maya wants a word with you.

Quest name: 3. Fancy dress
Employer: Maya Roalstad
Quest text: Maya: [Player]! FINALLY! I've been waiting all day for you to show. Quick, I need you to put some other clothes on; the show will start in a few minutes.
Don't look at me like that! Didn't you hear that some Russian grand duke is coming? Just put something ugly on, so I can shine. I need to really look my best to impress him.
Requirements: Equip Fancy slouch hat, Fancy bow tie, Fancy rags, Fancy ragged shoes, Fancy torn pants, Fancy horse belt
Reward:
Final text: Maya: What a show! I had so much fun. I didn't see the grand duke in the audience though, so we'll just have to repeat the show tomorrow. Before you go, could you just check up on Fitzburn? He's usually front row for my shows, why wasn't he there today?

Quest name: 4. Trouble with the law
Quest text: The sheriff sits contently at his usual table staring at nothing. He doesn't even look at you, as you sit down next to him.
As you pour him a glass of whiskey, he knocks the bottle out of your hand. Your mouth agape as you stare at him, he slowly stands up, readying himself for a fight!
Requirements: Win a duel against the sheriff
Reward:
Final text: Well, you made it out alive, and the sheriff is out cold for the time being. But what is going on here? You turn around and see Waupee sitting a few tables away.

Quest name: 5. In a bind
Employer: Waupee
Quest text: Waupee looks at you with concern
Waupee: I saw what just happened. You do realize what is going on, right?
The sheriff is not himself. He is a danger to you, you must make sure he cannot harm you or anyone else, or run away, before we have figured out how to get him back.
Requirements: Horse reins 1/1
Reward:
Final text: Waupee: Ah, you tied him up with horse reins. Practical, if not a bit humiliating.

Quest name: 6. Onwards to the Holy Rock
Quest text: Waupee: We must go to Holy rock. I suggest you get some sleep. I will start the trek now, with the sheriff in tow ... I'll meet you at Holy rock.
Requirements: Be at Holy Rock
Reward:
Final text: It was a long trip, but you're finally at Holy rock, and you see Waupee waiting with the sheriff still tied down. Time to figure out what you need to do to help the sheriff.

Quest name: 7. Smoke for the spirits
Employer: Holy Rock
Quest text: Waupee: We need to make a special fire to summon the spirits. If we smoke with them, they should help the Sheriff to become himself again.
Requirements: Wood 8/8, Hay 4/4, Calumet 1/1
Reward:
Final text: You've smoked for what seems like days, yet nothing has happened. Finally, Waupee too gives up. As you both get ready to head back to the saloon, you notice a shadow on the horizon. The sheriff has broken free, and is heading towards the Indian village!

Quest name: 8. An Indian ordeal
Employer: Waupee's Indian Village
Quest text: You enter the Indian village, and spot the sheriff right away. As you prepare for another fight to subdue him, you get stopped by a couple of villagers.
Villager: In our town, we only fight as equals. If you want to fight, you must be as one of us.
Requirements: Equip Indian feather hat, Golden Indian amulet, Indian clothing, Brown Indian pants, Moccasins and win a duel against the Sheriff
Reward:
Final text: You managed to win and subdue the sheriff once more. You are getting desperate for a solution now!

Quest name: 9. With a little help from my friends
Quest text: Waupee: Now that I have had some time to think, I see what the problem is here. We need help. This is a serious matter, the sheriff's life is in danger! We need to perform a ritual.
Requirements: Complete 10 and 11
Reward:
Final text: Waupee: Very well, looks as if we have all we need. Let's go to Holy rock once more.

Quest name: 10. Making a bustle
Employer: Maya Roalstad
Quest text: Maya: Oh, so you need my help? Well, I guess you DID help me with the show... How about this: I will make a costume for this ritual you're talking about, but I need a few items before I can make it.
Requirements: Raven feather 10/10, Eagle feather 10/10, Semi-precious stones 1/1, Cloth 1/1
Reward: New item - Extravagant Indian bustle
Final text: Maya: Those feathers are looking really great on there! Hey, once you're done with it, can I have it back? I have the perfect shoes to match!

Quest name: 11. A meal for ghosts
Employer: Henry Walker
Quest text: Henry: So it's really wrong with the sheriff, huh? Well of course I will help any way I can, that's the way we do things around these parts. I can cook up some kind of a sacrificial meal, I just need some meat and maybe some chili too ... what do you say?
Requirements: Track big game (3 hours), Gathering chili (1 hour)
Reward:
Final text: Henry: Well, here goes. I did my best. I just hope it can save the sheriff.

Quest name: 12. Yuwipi
Employer: Holy Rock
Quest text: Here you are. Holy rock. You have the sheriff, the costume, and the sacrifice for the spirits. All you need now is to don the ceremonial staff and perform the ritual, with Waupee's guidance.
Requirements: Equip Ceremonial staff and Extravagant Indian bustle
Reward:
Final text: As you utter those last phrases to the sky, you swear you can see dark clouds forming above you. The Sheriff falls to the ground, and it all seems as though it worked.

Quest name: 13. Paying respect
Quest text: Waupee: The sheriff is recovering. I think he will be just fine. The spirit that possessed him ... It didn't seem so malevolent after all. Perhaps we should take this experience as a lesson. We should always try to understand, to learn. Why don't you go back to the village, to see what it was the spirit wanted there?
Requirements: Complete 14
Reward:
Final text: Waupee: So you decided to pay your respects to the departed. Very good, that should help restless spirits to find peace, and hopefully not try to move in to our world like this again. Now, why don't you go see the sheriff?

Quest name: 14. Honour the fallen
Employer: Waupee's Indian village
Quest text: The Indian village seems quieter than usual. You walk around trying to see what could possibly be the reason for the spirit to drag the sheriff over here.
Then you notice, right where you caught the sheriff. Graves. It's a small burial site, at the outskirts of the village. Maybe you should find a way to honor the dead.
Requirements: Peace flower 1/1
Reward:
Final text: You placed a single white flower at the freshest grave. After contemplating life and death for a few minutes, you decide to head back to the saloon.

Quest name: 15. Prairie Oysters
Quest text: Argh ... hello, [Player]. Do you have to be so loud?
I guess I have you to thank you for saving my life. I am still a bit hazy after all of this, but that might just be that firewater still in effect ... Do you know what the perfect cure for a hangover is? Raw eggs.
Requirements: Raw egg jar 1/1
Reward:
Final text: Sheriff: That'll do the trick. What a night ... I tell you what, I will never relieve myself near any Indian burial site again! Once again, thanks buddy. Why don't you take this? You've earned it!

Status
Not open for further replies.