• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Winter Event 2023 - Discussion

DoUzOs

Reservist
As far as the drop rate for this kind of events is concerned:

1) Do bonuses help (luck, product drop chance etc)?
2) Do specific jobs or silver/gold jobs help?
3) I find this very unlikely, but I once heard/read that there is a better drop chance when you go to a spot that no other players are on at that moment. Is this true?
If none of the above or anything else that I might not have thought of apply, then something should. The current drop rate is unbelievably ridiculous, it has taken me from 1000-1500 15s jobs to get 100 items... Either increase the drop rate or give us some tips on how to improve it ourselves. An official comment would be most welcome, or a guide/comment from someone who has done research on this.

DoUzOs

Reservist
Forgot to ask about a job's motivation, like it works with regular item drops. Does it help if you stop at 75% and go for another job instead of wasting 100-150 energy on one job?
1) No
2) No
3) It doesn't matter how many players work in that specific location.
Do you have data on your answers? Have you tried anything based on the ideas I wrote or something? It's kinda sad if that's true and we cannot do anything from our end...

Football

Sergeant
I think the luck has an affect to collect easier these drops. On the latest speed server I think I found them easier than on my main world... and on the speed server there was a lot of high bonuses. But I'm not sure, maybe I thought it was faster because I enjoyed the game.

DoUzOs

Reservist
I think the luck has an affect to collect easier these drops. On the latest speed server I think I found them easier than on my main world... and on the speed server there was a lot of high bonuses. But I'm not sure, maybe I thought it was faster because I enjoyed the game.
I also think that one of the bonuses this game has helps with the drop chance, as a fellow player (Felix, I'm talking about you) noticed on a speed server of our own that he collected the pumpkins (the previous click-click event) much faster than he did on the regular servers. I don't know if it's luck or product drop chance, but it must be one of those...
Again, an official statement/comment from someone working for InnoGames would help...

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Do you have data on your answers?
Official data? No, I don't. No one has.
Over time I tried thousands of jobs with drop set and thousands of jobs with xp set (0% extra drop here), and the drop rate was similar. Sometimes I got more items with the xp set, but overall it was about the same drop rate. If the drop rate was increased by the sets with extra drop, I should have received 3 times more branches/snowballs with that set and that would have been noticeable.

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
There is on the map. Work with gold/silver!? If you find a gold work. You can work longer. As if several people are already on the spot.

There are some gold work that stay about 2min then there are some are longer present. But wen mehre people are on site then it is gone after 1h. It depends on how much on site to meet. ( Only with gold. )

DoUzOs

Reservist
So we can't do anything to increase our drop rate. It's completely random. Great. Thanks! xD

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
Gold jobs lasts 10 actions. It doesn't matter if it's 15 seconds, 10 minutes or 1 hour. 10 actions per server. So if 10 different people do a 15 sec job in the same time at a gold job that job will lose his aura in 15 seconds (10 x 15 sec).
Okay you have described it correctly. Had once after 3h a gold job. Where I arrived he was gone :(

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
The drop rate is terrible for such a short event , spent 2160 energy ( which is around 9 hours ) to get nothing useful, 60 items out of 100 were useless ( quest items were 44 , 16 collector cards) , 26 hp refills, 4 chocolate boxes , 4 fortune cookies and 4 40 bonds letter and 2 90 bonds letter..

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Howdy Cowboys and Cowgirls,

collected all the snowy twigs but still can't complete the questline?
Your friends don't have missing items either?
We have something for you!

For 48hrs from February 13th 09:00 (CET) to February 15th 09:00 (CET) you will be also to purchase quest items from Winter Event 2023!
In addition, you will be able to obtain Curling player's items.

I mean , why would you make the quest items with such high percentage that instead of the asking 5 we end up with 50 in our inventory if you are going to make a separate sale for the quest items?

There's no logic behind this , you make your player base spent so much time and energy to find 100 twigs that doesn't have anything good beside the xp potions , you get rewarded with trash and SO MANY quest items, because you had such big percentage on the quest items and then you make a sale that INCLUDES those quest items, why just not lower the percentage of the quest items so we can actually get more useful stuff if you are going to make a sale afterwards? There's simply no logic..........

JustAMoment

Lance Corporal
Its time to make curling upgradeable :')) Or atleast buff its weapons beacause they were joke already on release for a nugget set. ( i know you need it for quest but thats just stupid too, only nugget resistance set in the game and we cant have anything nice because of this.)
/Union should have been unupgradeable instead on release.. it would solve a lot of problems with being it still strong enough but not -thaaat- strong. Just Sad.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Its time to make curling upgradeable :')) Or atleast buff its weapons beacause they were joke already on release for a nugget set. ( i know you need it for quest but thats just stupid too, only nugget resistance set in the game and we cant have anything nice because of this.)
/Union should have been unupgradeable instead on release.. it would solve a lot of problems with being it still strong enough but not -thaaat- strong. Just Sad.
I have +5 dueling weapon before they made un-upgadable , still trash tbh

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
The set would be weak even if upgraded. Plus who would give nuggets to upgrade it? Maybe just the boots would be worth it. Rather, it should be buffed and remain unupgradable, but we all know that will not happen. They would rather add a new nugget t/r set.

I think the curling's duel meele weapon is good +5. But not +0.