• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Winter event 2020 discussion

DeletedUser4680

Is the drop chance like 0.0000000000001%, so nobody can find anything?
Am I unable to read a simple date? (Probably yes but i think that's not the problem)
Or has someone made a Incorrect Announcement? In this case some clarification would be nice.

DeletedUser500

This year, winter has hit us hard.
Z0dnY4d.png

A great snowstorm covered the roads with a thick layer of frost.
4sBE5II.png

The train tracks are frozen over and some of them even broke. In spring, it will be necessary to repair them, but right now our priority is to help people of the wild west. Some of them are still stuck on trains, not knowing how to reach the nearest towns.
australian-bushfire.jpg

Your town also doesn't have it easy: caravans cannot get in or out.
Vr8M8pX.jpg

More and more guests come to town in search of warm shelter and a slice of bread.
7DUt9C0.png

Together with Henry, you give away blankets and warm meals. However, food supplies are running low and the snowstorm is getting stronger by the hour.
h5gdYv2.png

Bandits start to rob abandoned houses and attack caravans and trains...
QlFnTlo.png

Can we stop them?
NY9M8VB.png

I think I'm starting to hate InnoGames for more than just their management of this game. The planet is on fire and they hit out with this context for a crappy RNG based achievement event. Amazing.
Tell me, who's even still in the wintery mood? I live near the Arctic circle and it's been pretty warm this winter. Everything about the timing of this event is just odd, I guess we're missing the good old pre-industrial revolution cold winter days that the game is set in, don't tell Scotty from Marketing :D

Bonus Australia content:

Last edited by a moderator:

JustAMoment

Lance Corporal
"You can win bonds, one-day bonus medals, energy drinks like mate tee, life liquids, speed items like ground rocket turtle shell, buffs, a very old chest like Christmas chest 2013, and much much more... "

But why.. whats the point in those chests novadays i believe even collectors already have them like 5x+ in inventory. Im not asking for newest ones, but atleast like 2015 or something different from previous events even tho it wont make much difference in useability.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
^ This.
We already got lots of those last year from other clicky events.

And honestly idk why another clicky event. The previous one's end wasn't even a month ago.

DeletedUser4663

I'd like to humbly submit the following idea.

Please replace the following chests as listed for this new event:

Ghost of Christmas to:
Chest - Mega Christmas Bag 2013 or "Red Winter Bag"

Winter Chest to:
Chest - Mega Christmas Bag 2014 or "Blue Winter Bag"

Ghosts of Christmas chest to:
Chest - Mega Christmas Bag 2015 or "Winter Tree Bag"

This way you retain the older nature of the drops but have a vastly better range of sets that drop that are still somewhat uselful for lower level players. Also, as mentioned earlier, for those of use with multiple events under our belt we aren't just accruing more of the same sets that we most likely will not upgrade. You can use the alternate names to avoid connotations to Christmas versus Winter.

Thanks for your consideration.

Also as a side note: I seem to only drop an Icicle once for any given job, not from multiple 15 second instances.

Harsha.1

Private First Class
The soccer card events held during the football world cup a while ago had some items that were actually useful and were used by the playerbase. It'd be nice to have similar kinds of rewards in the icicles.

We know 5 tombola events are held through the year...I'm curious to know how many clicky events are planned, and how many nugget sales are also planned for 2020?

Snr Sarg

Lance Corporal
Yeah "sigh", imagine having to wait another hour for it :roll:

Thing is, the announcement just said the date it started, I started trying at 00:01, it would have been nice to be told the actual time in advance of the event.

You know, like events that finish on a date are always at 23:59, would a start date, by logic, therefore not be at 00:00 or 00:01?

foscock

Private
[bunch of images of the Austraian fires]
I think I'm starting to hate InnoGames for more than just their management of this game. The planet is on fire and they hit out with this context for a crappy RNG based achievement event. Amazing.
This is just plain odd and distasteful. Yeah, we in Australia have had a bad summer, but using that just to have yet another dig at Innogames from halfway around the world is just crass. We play this game to forget about the crap in our lives for a few hours. Personally I'd be happy to think about snow and ice even for a few minutes.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
"You can win bonds, one-day bonus medals, energy drinks like mate tee, life liquids, speed items like ground rocket turtle shell, buffs, a very old chest like Christmas chest 2013, and much much more... "

But why.. whats the point in those chests novadays i believe even collectors already have them like 5x+ in inventory. Im not asking for newest ones, but atleast like 2015 or something different from previous events even tho it wont make much difference in useability.
I mean..
At the very least..
Change the Level requirements..
Lvl 80-100 is just ridiculous at this point.. They become useless until then..

Last edited:

DeletedUser500

This is just plain odd and distasteful. Yeah, we in Australia have had a bad summer, but using that just to have yet another dig at Innogames from halfway around the world is just crass. We play this game to forget about the crap in our lives for a few hours. Personally I'd be happy to think about snow and ice even for a few minutes.
Well that makes it 50/50 for positive/negative feedback from Australians. We might both see the other side as odd and distasteful, sorry if I evoked some bad feelings about it all. These images were literally what was going through my mind as I read the thing about winter blizzards in shock and awe.

DeletedUser4681

I've got all 100 icicles, but yet no blankets.
BTW, it was 5-7 items of salt, winter hats, gloves, shovels.
Since blankets cannot be sold, should I write support ticket to get them?

I'll be grateful for any response from administration! Just to make the situation clear.

DeletedUser4662

According to the text, you can find the blankets at an areit where you trade. There is probably a bug, but it has already been forwarded (according to my ticket) so you will NOT drop out of the icicles