• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Hello, Guest.
    This is the questions section. Here you can ask any question related to the game.
    Please make sure you read this thread before you post here!

Answered Why is the game running more and more slow ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3230

Why is the game running more and more slow ?

The last two weeks my game has been running more and more erratic. That black screen turning up. Game loading in slow motion. Only grass or planks turning up at first. First it was just beta - now it is all worlds. I can run OK for some hours - then be bad for a whole day. Now I am starting to loose patience with the game. It is hard to report, when it is so erratic- and it might be my computer or my internet connection.

Might just that my computer cant handle all the excess graphic, that has been put into the game. Last but not least the flashy shop.

Is it just me who has these problems?

If it is not - then is it a bug or is it because it takes more resources to run the game now?

DeletedUser2271

There are more people online in this weeks.

Due to the christmas, there is a new amount of accounts registering (many just for use the tombola) and others returning.
And people tend to be more active since they get holidays.

DeletedUser

killado, your answer is ... well, funny at least :D West is almost dying and now we have the fraction of people that used to play this game.
And this is happening to me too, on the "ghost" world where we have like 1000 players (not to mention that half of them is inactive anyway)

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
On the beta at least, our stats indicate there has been no increase in average or median response time over the past few weeks; if anything it has trended ever so slightly downwards. There have been a few bugs occurring at load time recently, but otherwise there is no general slowness. Additionally, our graphics are now loaded from a central server per market instead of per world, which should reduce unnecessary duplication.

I am not sure how old or powerful your computer is, but since the game uses a fair amount of javascript, it is somewhat resource demanding. (This is obviously exacerbated by userscripts and inefficient browsers.) Otherwise, as you say, there could be an issue with your internet connection. Provided the images are in your browser cache and you have a decent amount of RAM, nothing related has happened recently that would cause this.

DeletedUser

The only problem i get when loading is the streak of bad luck like 1 out of 2 times and the loading stops at 346 out of 348(or at least 2 points before full).Then i refresh and the same happens till i finally log in and after 1-2 hours get the streak of bad luck while i'm logged so that i have to refresh the page again like crazy :P

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
the loading stops at 346 out of 348(or at least 2 points before full).
I believe emste's fix for this one reached beta last week, at least on Amchitka and Enewetak :) Clear your cache and it hopefully shouldn't happen again.

DeletedUser3230

The only problem i get when loading is the streak of bad luck like 1 out of 2 times and the loading stops at 346 out of 348(or at least 2 points before full).Then i refresh and the same happens till i finally log in and after 1-2 hours get the streak of bad luck while i'm logged so that i have to refresh the page again like crazy :P

This is exactly what happens - this morning was bad for both W1 and W3- and I do close down scripts and clear cache a lot.

DeletedUser2271

I sayed that it was the number of players since i only get that one in the mornings and later afternoon.

Today it happened again. Right at the login on the 244 then it got to 246 and stopped. (when this happens, just choose hide and press f5)

Then when i was selecting a job that needs to draw the map, the streak was back and the map stopped loading.

PS- I use Opera with a configuration of 24h (top) in the cache. So it´s not a cache problem.

DeletedUser

I´ve got the same problems with having bad luck when logging in.The last 2-3 days everytime when I log in and sometimes within the game taking several actions.The worst part is when I try to open the trader.After the bad luck screen the windows there are empty,no offers are visible and if I try to sell something the bad luck screen appears again.So it´s not possible to sell anything,stucked in a loop.
Using Firefox 26/Windows 7 64bit,enough Ram is build in.
No problems on the other worlds.

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
We already know about this problem too. If you like, you can click the "yes" button to can reproduce here (click), or comment there if you have anything important to add. Closing this thread now!

Status
Not open for further replies.