1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

why hate field cook ?

Discussion in 'Versions 2.28 - 2.39' started by catalin1994, Sep 9, 2015.

Share This Page

1. catalin1994

catalin1994 Private

Main Server:
    RO
    i don't like the new bonus from new craft products.
    for field cook - 150 labor points , really ? this is worst bonus ever ... what doing with this ? nothing really ...
    the blacksmith , the tonic peddler , they have really very good bonus , master saddler too
    InnoGames please do something with that ! give a new bonus for field cook ....

2. Heinblaubaer

Heinblaubaer Private First Class

Main Server:
    DE
    Irrespective of the fact that the bonus is bad, there is another problem:

http://prntscr.com/8ec7rz

Are all these new products unsaleable ??

3. cl4udioo2

cl4udioo2 Private First Class

For the cost of the items, they all suck.

15% experience for 3 actions? That's at most like 3 x 7 xp. Maybe in duels you could get more, but it would be like 200xp x 3.

The only use for the new recipes is getting points. Nothing else.

4. catalin1994

catalin1994 Private

Main Server:
    RO
    15% * 3,5 k xp from building ? that is good ...

5. KsF09

KsF09 Reservist

% experience bonus doesn't work at building

6. Hobie

Hobie Private First Class

yea not sure how the bonuses to any of these new items make them worth the time, cost, or effort. we like new material but it has to be relevant to something

7. Chief Gall

Chief Gall Private First Class Elite Tester

Compare master saddlers ammunition slide and blacksmiths westerner.
    Blacksmith needs only 350cp, much less products and creates a buff giving the player +4 attack damage +40 avg damage instead of +3 attack damage and westerner can be used 5 times while master saddlers only is for 3 uses.

A plus on attack damage in FF is pretty much useless, even if it would be higher, it is too random.

Blacksmith luck bonus of 20% for 3 uses would even be expensive if it was not a usage for 3 times but for 8 hours.
    You can find better ones in adventures and even there most of these kind of buffs are no reason most people play any adventure.
    Same for ghostly music of tonic peddler.

I think if Innogames wants to give a bonus in labor points to field cooks it should be 500+ AP and 5-10 uses.
    What do you do even with 500 AP more? Pretty much nothing. You can drop the key easier but that is an relict of older times.
    Luck range might be a little higher for traders but nothing up there is much better than things they can already find.

Same for other profession.

Give us a much better effect than the actual ones or show us that you do not have any knowledge about the game and do not care about us players.

I know you are very busy because of Oktobefest event but please show more effort to the new crafting recipes.

8. Heinblaubaer

Heinblaubaer Private First Class

Main Server:
    DE
    :up::up:

well spoken, Chief Gall

9. Hobie

Hobie Private First Class

i think they get confused thinking new content equals excitement and interest. Normally that means shoving boring quests and events down our throats. From my perspective, less are collecting, less are dueling, FF's are still all over the place and word dependent on if they are good or not, more are building... but that's not going to keep the game going. just like adding new crafts that are useless will not. Trying to fix dueling by reverting elements back to where it was is too little too late. FF's need some sort of shake up to get interest back, and adventures just need anything done to them. The west as is does not even make it into InnoGames games monthly videos anymore, that's how bad things have gotten, we have nothing to look forward to.

10. lulumcnoob

lulumcnoob Sergeant Former Team Member

Main Server:
    EN
    +1 Chief
    All the new buffs are pretty underpowered, hopefully they get rebalanced before release on non-beta servers.

11. Chief Gall

Now the new products are auctionable and they lost their effect.

Seems Innogames is aware of the bad balancing and changes it.

Please keep in mind that the instructions have a value of $9500, they can only be found at maybe 3-4 jobs with premium active.
    This means the instructions are very rare and expensive on market (about $500k - $1000k+).

12. catalin1994

catalin1994 Private

Main Server:
    RO
    nothing new about this topic ? mods ?

13. PaPa PoPCoRN

PaPa PoPCoRN Lance Corporal

The Field Cooks ability to craft Honey Wine is great, 150 LP is an awesome buff as is the Lantern that provides 20% luck for Blacksmiths. The Tonic Peddlers and Master Saddlers should be ones jumping up and down with their useless buffs.

A tonic peddler has to use 2 x Disappearing Inks to craft Ghostly Music for 15% XP bonus. 1 x Disappearing ink apart from other attributes provides 15 energy, you can spam 15 secs jobs with that energy or duel for more XP than Ghostly Music could possibly give so that one makes no sense.

Suggestion: +100% XP for 3 uses.

A master saddler makes a ammunition slide that has a + 3 Attack bonus for FF over 3 actions but a level 250 Blacksmith can make a Cooling Cloth x 3 times for the same effect as the ammunition slide but with more efficiency so that one make no sense either.

Suggestion: +3 Attack +3 Defense

14. darkguardian666

darkguardian666 Sergeant Former Team Member

Main Server:
    DE
    We fiddled around a bit with the bonuses of the crafting items and right now, that are the buffs we gave them internally, some of them are still WIP:

Ammunition slide: +4 attack, +4 defense, +40-60 damage

Ghostly Music: +20% EXP, +100 Labour points (8x)

Lantern: +300% speed (5x), 20% duel motivation increase, 20% hp refill

Honey wine: +8 charisma, +20 trade, +20% luck (all for 8 hrs)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  15. The-Iceman

The-Iceman Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    Is there a time frame for when the changes to the buffs will be implemented?

16. cl4udioo2

Will this be for 8 hours aswell?

17. darkguardian666

darkguardian666 Sergeant Former Team Member

Main Server:
    DE
    sadly not. we might push the changes into 2.30, but i can't promise that

i edited my post. it will have 8 charges.

18. PaPa PoPCoRN

PaPa PoPCoRN Lance Corporal

Can't complain with any of darkguardian's fiddling - the new proposed bonuses look fantastic.

19. Chief Gall

I don't think that even these bonuses are worth the effort to craft these buffs!
    Having many small effects on a buff does not make it a good buff. Let it be a buff with only 1 but therefore strong effect and it finally will be a useful buff.

Some suggestions:
    Ammunition slide: 80-100 damage, 3 uses
    Ghostly music: 300 labour points, 8 uses
    Lantern: 1000% speed, 10x
    Honey wine: +100% luck for 8 hours

How do I get these numbers?
    -You can get more than 100% luck just by cloth, so nearly no influence of this buff. I deleted trade/charisma-bonus because it will be always weaker than 100 labour points you already gave to ghostly music.
    -Sometimes highspeed is needed but in most cases you do not need any duel mot or hp, too.
    I gave 1000% speed because for crafting 1 lantern you need to work for 18hrs and you can get easily more than 700% speed just by equipment without any skill on riding.
    Simply an effect worth the effort.
    -what's the point in getting 100 labour points? you can get so many buffs that are better and easier to get.
    -a plus on attack/defense is useless in fights, where only hp is needed. Only a huge amount of damage can kill the hp.
    It is the strongest damage buff, stronger than any blacksmith buff but blacksmith got also the strongest speed buff not only in my thoughts so that is fair.

I myself am a blacksmith 655 and the lanterns I produce will be bought on market for under 10k if it is not a wealthy collector. atm I do not have many competitive blacksmith, in some weeks prices will fall under 1000$ for actual effect.

20. cl4udioo2

100% luck?

So the same as allans set + cartwrights saddle and horse set?

You're crazy.