• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

When do you exploit a bug ??

DeletedUser3230

The recent banning of a lot of players because the apparently exploi8ted a bug in the game, have again made me think what the .. I am doing on this server.

If this is not just a Mod who is very tricker happy and likes to show of power, and when we all need some guides on where to click and where not to click in order to play.

The game is now so full of not just bugs but it is more appropriate to call it errors and sloppy game management. It is the result of reuse of old events without correcting dates and other parameters before releasing them again.
We spamming with bugs an errors have made players stop filtering. We just click, we dont always read text or think where we are clicking.

The quest in question gave the huge amount of 20 exp. If you are above level 120 20 exp is not something you exploit a bug to get. You can get that just as easy from the game. On level 150 20 exp does not really matter, if you are not going after the ranking then who cares about exp, and even if you do,- even clicking it a 100 times or more does not make any difference.

I click the quest more than once, I did not do it to exploit. I think I clicked it 3 times before I realized it was a bug. Because I was not reading first times I clicked, Then I stopped, but the following days I did click it once to see if the quest had been fixed. I am an adventurer, I am hungry after new quests, and was hoping for a quest chain, not just a few silly quest that did not go anywhere, as it turned out to be :(

The result of this reaction from the mod, some players have decided that this is it. They have used time and money for years on this game, and they get a ban for stuff like this, they dont want to play on beta any longer.

For the rest of us,- how can we test, when we need to be scared of when we are just testing an playing and when we are exploiting????

I need to know if my understanding of exploiting bugs is wrong, because it sure does looks like that to me.
If you have to be aware all the time if you have clicked some where more than once in fear of getting a ban, then I cant be on a test server.

For me for someone to exploit they would have to knowingly keep clicking in order to get the reward, not just random clicking because they was not really reading that it was the same quest. I understand that it can be hard to determine, but in the case like this, you would have to click an awful lot of times unless you where a very low level player to get anything out of it.

(forgot to say that I did not get banned- but that does not change that I feel unsure now about when something is testing and something is exploiting)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3990

I am 100% the same opinion with olga !! :up::up:

And I have another question:
What does InnoGames do about those bugs, which gave a lot of money to them?
For example, last year at THE DAY OF THE DEAD - EVENT - as you could BRIBE for 50 Nuggets for a lot of days! and so can get a LOT OF ITEMS!!! -
as otherwise it may happen that one player should be able to upgrade a gun at Lvl. 5 !! (243 Items)??
At that time no one had been banned for BUG USING - because InnoGames has earned a very LOT OF MONEY with it.
Now - in this case olga described (which unfortunately also affected me - and I don´t indeed needed not a single XP more of a BUG) InnoGames "opened a barrel " - unbelievable for me.
I was banned "only" for 3 days, as opposed to a lot of other players (6 days), of which determines a lot of very well consider whether they ever need to re-log in here - and even if they continue in this game in which it seems that no one even something interesting here - above all not we players !!for days for 50 Nuggets operate the BRIBE and arranged a plethora of weapons and items - as usual, a player should be able to upgrade a gun at Lvl. 5
At that time no one BUG USING been banned - because InnoGames has indeed correct what deserves.
Now - in this case by olga described (which unfortunately also affected me - and I need indeed not a single XP more of a BUG) as InnoGames "a barrel open" - unbelievable for me.
I was spellbound "only" for 3 days, in contrat to a lot of other players (6 days), of whicha lot of them very well consider whether they ever will re-loggin here - and even if they continue in this game in which it seems that no one from InnoGames even is interested in what we players want or need - or even say!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

DeletedUser500

Probably depends on how many times you did that broken quest. A warning might have been better in this case but as players we don't get a say in how the game is run.

innogames said:
While abusing bugs is against the violation of out terms (even on beta) we will not blindly punish anyone who used the/a bug. We will have to evaluate how many times it was done, to which benefit and if/which "harm" was done.
The rules are certainly not applied as strictly as on other markets.

-KnockKnockJoke

Snr Sarg

Lance Corporal
I fully agree too, but would just like to add that this is the BETA SERVER, you know, the one where we're supposed to find bugs, not get bans for finding them.

I didn't get banned as didn't multiple click, but still makes me angry :mad:

Pavel18345

Private
I fully agree too, but would just like to add that this is the BETA SERVER, you know, the one where we're supposed to find bugs, not get bans for finding them.

I totally agree with this!

DeletedUser4009

If you still think this is used as a testing server, I've got some bad news for you.

This server is used as another cashcow - that's it.

DeletedUser1406

And what are you supposed to do w/ the bugs after you found them? :p
There has been a ban wave indeed. People that completed the quest more than 20 times did indeed get banned. But people that bothered to report the issue to us were not banned.

DeletedUser3230

And what are you supposed to do w/ the bugs after you found them? :p

Who dares to do so if you get banned for that :p

And besides - the new stuff are just sent on to normal worlds with all the bugs. There is no longer a great enthusiasm among players to report bugs.

DeletedUser1406

And besides - the new stuff are just sent on to normal worlds with all the bugs. There is no longer a great enthusiasm among players to report bugs.
So, we like to complain that there's too many bugs in game but we're not doing anything to communicate them to our devs?

DeletedUser3230

So, we like to complain that there's too many bugs in game but we're not doing anything to communicate them to our devs?

The ones we do communicate are no longer fixed before the updates are released to normal worlds.

I think we are many who did or does report bugs.

But I can only speak for me, I did report one a few days ago during the in game bug button, we used to get some sort of report back to confirm, did not even get that this time.
The fact that you can risk getting banned for reporting does make me think like this: I forgot to count how many times I clicked before I started to thinki "this must be a bug" should I report it and draw attention to myself, I might have clicked more than 2 times ,- or should I just hope someone else report it.

So no - I no longer report every bug I come by.:hmpf:

DeletedUser500

Read it again olga...
But people that bothered to report the issue to us were not banned.

"All players are expected to engage in beta testing. If a notable and reproducible bug is identified, it must be reported using the support system or either the ingame or forum bug tracker as soon as possible. Exploits, or other critical bugs open to abuse, should be set as private. Taking advantage of a bug, beyond reasonable testing, is a violation of the rules."

Yes, getting banned for 400 exp is pretty silly and I would get mad too, but rules are rules.

DeletedUser3230

Read it again olga...

Maybe this time - but what about last time,

My only ban was not beta - but dk v1 many years ago - and it was for reporting a bug :-D

But if I can be 100% sure of that I can just click lots of times and then report it .. even though I can see it was already reported,,,,,

DeletedUser3230

yes - but what about rastlos. Dont know who did ban him,- but still.

Just wrote my own example to explain why I might be a bit suspicious :-D

DeletedUser3679

yes - but what about rastlos. Dont know who did ban him,- but still.
What about me? I wasn't ban, sorry if there was a misunderstanding in the example/link given by me. But due to the opinion of InnoGames and the threat of a ban (in my example) I decided not to assist any more by reporting bugs.

DeletedUser500

So you abused a bug (against the rules even on beta), got threatened with a ban, and now refuse to report bugs?