• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Valentine's Day Event 2023 Sets - Feedback

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
All your arguments were based on that. Pathetic, don't you think?
An unintentional lie is still a lie. Especially when it's told in an aggressive way like yours, you wanted to imply that you are omniscient and know better.

TadschMahal

Sergeant
nope not rly - all i was saying bout hp and dmg was just ignored - and the fact that range is always at a disadvantage

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Brooks has very low aiming and the appearance is useless. And also 0 dodging, so your opponent will hit you 8/8 in the head everytime, sometimes it's good to have some dodging, if your opponent misses 1 or 2 shots, you can win after hitting only one shot, depending on your weapon, of course. You get more reflex and aiming with tailor items.

TadschMahal

Sergeant
u dont really know how to play resistance right ?
if u play resistance u stand still to double ur aim
thats why there is so less aiming on it cause u wanna stand still to double ur aim next round....

Screenshot_273.pngScreenshot_274.png

Last edited:

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Stop spreading lies, please. It is clear that you are a second-hand duelist who has no idea about this game. The informations on that wiki are not true (some are, some are not, this one is clearly not), the duel formula was never made public. If standing still, you increase your aim by MAXIMUM 10%. I tested hundreds of duels with standing still targets and in 70% of the cases I hit worse. And I was dueling the same player, both with the same set and the same targets, once with red targets (standing still) and once defending myself (green targets). I don't know if it's a coincidence or not (although it's about hundreds of duels, not 2-3), but it's clear that the aiming is not doubled. In the best case with 10%. At worst by 1-5%. You double your aiming if you win appearance/tactics and double your dodging if you are dodging where your opponent hits, but definitely you are not going to double your attack value if you stand up, did you even tried? Did you even duel like this and compared with duels with green targets? That's the second time in a few minutes that you've gone off the deep end without checking what you're saying. It's so easy to test, stop believing everything you read on the internet. Attack someone offline/afk with t/r, but use the exact same set, same buffs and same targets. 5 duels standing still and 5 duels dodging. You'll see that the difference is extremly small, it's so easy to test, why don't people test before saying nonsense?
Don't you think it would have been OP to play t/r if you doubled your aim while standing up? :))
And so it's very convenient to play t/r, it would have been really absurd to be as it says on that wiki which is also very old. But it wasn't true what it said there when it was published. There is still a lot of misinformation and inconsistencies there that noobs like you who are not able to test themselves believe. It's sad that people like you who have no idea how duel works or when a set was realesed are able to provide feedback using false arguments and lies.

TadschMahal

Sergeant
Stop spreading lies, please. It is clear that you are a second-hand duelist who has no idea about this game. The informations on that wiki are not true (some are, some are not, this one is clearly not), the duel formula was never made public. If standing still, you increase your aim by MAXIMUM 10%. I tested hundreds of duels with standing still targets and in 70% of the cases I hit worse. And I was dueling the same player, both with the same set and the same targets, once with red targets (standing still) and once defending myself (green targets). I don't know if it's a coincidence or not (although it's about hundreds of duels, not 2-3), but it's clear that the aiming is not doubled. In the best case with 10%. At worst by 1-5%. You double your aiming if you win appearance/tactics and double your dodging if you are dodging where your opponent hits, but definitely you are not going to double your attack value if you stand up, did you even tried? Did you even duel like this and compared with duels with green targets? That's the second time in a few minutes that you've gone off the deep end without checking what you're saying. It's so easy to test, stop believing everything you read on the internet. Attack someone offline/afk with t/r, but use the exact same set, same buffs and same targets. 5 duels standing still and 5 duels dodging. You'll see that the difference is extremly small, it's so easy to test, why don't people test before saying nonsense?
Don't you think it would have been OP to play t/r if you doubled your aim while standing up? :))
And so it's very convenient to play t/r, it would have been really absurd to be as it says on that wiki which is also very old. But it wasn't true what it said there when it was published. There is still a lot of misinformation and inconsistencies there that noobs like you who are not able to test themselves believe. It's sad that people like you who have no idea how duel works or when a set was realesed are able to provide feedback using false arguments and lies.
please provide proof

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
I said the same sets and the same buffs, isn't it obvious that we had the same skills in all duels? :)) I didn't had the same skills as my opponent, the idea is that we didn't changed sets in these duels, so I could test standing still option and it failed miserable. You have big problems understanding the text, you keep asking for proofs, but you have them all there. I told you that the formula is not public, but what is on the wiki is not official (and quite old). It's best to test yourself. I had over 7 thousand duels in which I calculated everything possible, when I do hundreds of test duels I can figure out such information. I have no way of knowing the exact value, of course, but you said that the aiming is doubled, and I guarantee you that this is not the case. Test yourself before you come up with false information for the second time, you're embarrassing yourself.

TadschMahal

Sergeant
u know that doubling ur aim doesnt mean ure hitting twice as much right ? xD
no there is no proof ure just throwing some random numbers here without showing anything ...

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
You're full of lies and off topic. This is my last message to you.
You've made a fool of yourself enough by basing your pathetic and false arguments on lies I've exposed. You clearly have no business dueling, and your attempt at feedback is irrelevant.

And being on topic:
Dodging: 3,3 per level
Shooting: 3 per level
Aiming: 3.3 per level
App: 1,3 per level
These should be the skills for this new set.

The way it is now, it's way too strong. It has way too much appearance and more than enough from the other skills. The way it is right now it's 10% better than josephine's in terms of aiming and dodging, 11% better in terms of shooting (compared with vigor) and 50% better in terms of appearance! This is too much! It should be at best as Josephine's, I told why earlier. If you're not a soldier, it would be way too hard to defend against a good dueller with this set. Jaguar's clothes become useless once this set is live. It's sad.

aimgei

Lance Corporal
It seems rather ironic that adding an OP shooting set would indirectly buff playing with t/r builds, or rather encourage it. This looks like the only reliable way of defending, since other builds lack HP. Also, they are the only builds that can afford to dip heavier into reflex. You might get lucky with dodging but seems rather unlikely, taking into account the huge amount of A/A this set gives. Soldiers feel stronger and stronger the longer this game changes. It seems they have the most options in this situation, because of the extra HP they can allocate more points to reflex or just abuse the class bonus for 50% tactics to offset the App from the new set. It is pretty problematic to add a broken set alongside new guns with high damage while the balance of the game is shaky at best (because of the new levels and whatnot).
The earliest we can expect a counter to the Valentine's set is Easter event while in Josephina's case the answer was already present. While it might be fun to demolish the opponent, it is rather unpleasant on the receiving end, especially when it's very little you can do to change the outcome. The bonuses need to be toned down a notch, if the devs want to maintain somewhat of a balance. If they want to push the game in this direction, and add broken sets to each event is a different story. This set already makes a lot of items and combinations redundant as it is.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
It's not even about a strong reflex set to counter this one, it's about unbalancing the other sets in the game, this one being too OP. I don't think anyone realized that this set has a bonus of 3 items of 2.4 skills x lvl. IT'S INSANE! Josephine, who is the best set so far has only 1.0 x lvl skills. This set can be combined very well, without losing anything from the set bonus, especially since you have a bigger bonus with this new set with 3 items than you have with josephine with 5 items. It's absurd. I always change the hat to the duel set, and with this set you don't lose any skills. It's much more OP than people think, many are happy that they have a good set of firearms, but they don't realize that this is much too good and they will have to defend themselves against someone with this set. I don't really see how you can beat someone who combines this set well. I hope it gets seriously nerfed. Not only the number of skills, but also the set bonus should be better distributed, not 80% of it to 3 items and the remaining 20% to the last 3.

ChickenMcGuy

Tombstone Sole Survivor
The West Team
Thank you for everyone sharing your feedback! It is important for us to hear all kinds of voices about our sets, like these two new ones for duelling, and we are happy to see a lot of valid points and arguments.
Once again, thank you for everyone sharing thoughts about both sets!

Yy5c4WD.png

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
The 2nd set is ok, but it's not great. It's not good enough to counter this new one. It may work well with 3 town shop items, but it's far from perfect. It's sad cause it cannot be upgraded. The weapons and horse set are average. Not enough reflex and why hp? Why would you want hp if you play with a resistance set? The idea is to take low damage. The weapons have very low damage, harvester's are better in terms of aiming/dodging, reflex and damage. And colombia llama and blancket have way more reflex than this horse set. And can be upgraded. I'm disapointed.
Snowy twigs are ok, but it's the same recycled event that we're used to.
I hope you mentioned in the feedback that the set bonus too much, it's godlike. And these sets are for cowboys, who are human. It's ok for the 2nd set because it's bad and unupgradeable, but for the first one it's way too much. The set already provides too many skill points.

Last edited:

ChickenMcGuy

Tombstone Sole Survivor
The West Team
Any idea how to improve it? Like horse and saddle need to have reflex rather than a double health bonus or anything like that?

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Maybe toughness instead of hp. This way you will indirectly increase the reflex. Not too much toughness though, I don't want Colombia to become useless like jaguar's and vaquero's will become after this new set.
It's funny 'cause everyone is saying that range weapon has been disadvantage in the past, but range horse sets are much better compared to the melee equivalent. It was ok because josephine's was introduced to compensate, but now with this OP set things don't look too good. Sets with tactics (including clothes, horse sets and weapons) are weak, and this is too strong alongside jaguar/vaquero's horse sets which are already better than cowgirl's. I hope InnoGames makes the right decision nerfing this set, but keeping the essence, that is, to be still relevant, because we need a good set firearm set, but not an OP one.

Last edited:

dublik

Lance Corporal
Any idea how to improve it? Like horse and saddle need to have reflex rather than a double health bonus or anything like that?
maybe give all the items toughness with the same scaling as reflex, but lower the HP scaling to 0.2 for every item.

As for clothing set bonus, lower HP in every bonus step to 0.1, so for example, with 6 clothing items you get 0.6 hp per level, and obviously add toughness with the same scaling as reflex.

as for weapons and animal set, reduce hp of individual items to 0.2 (as mentioned above), and set bonus to 0.3 HP, and give it toughness as well

leave vigor and aiming as is

Man of Florida

Reservist
Hello there!

First of all, I would like to congratulate the dev team, I think they did a good job. These dueling sets turned out to be interesting.

However, along with Whynot, I have reservations about the duel balance regarding the first set. On the other hand, I would not nerf this set so strongly.

Yes, it's quite a jump from Josephine set... but it's been two years and that has to be taken into account somehow. The new set doesn't give health points, so the range duellers have to put on stuff that gives HP from town shops anyway, at least 1 in addition to hats. So the bonuses wonť be that strong. Another thing - now I'm speaking against myself because I'll never be a range dueller - is that there hasn't been a meaningful range set for 6 years. So, I think a range set as meta for a while would be good.

I would only change the multiplier of appearance. 0.95 from Josephine and 1.9 from the new set...that's really a lot, let it be like 1.1-1.2, so they have to put up some appearance giving stuff from town shop. In my opinion, the other skills should remain as they were, only the appearance should be scaled back. It would be a +10-15% strenghtening, which is quite fair.

WhyNot is absolutely right, that the range horse sets are much better compared to the melee equivalent. I love the second set, but I think it will be a bit weak to be equal parties with the first set. Mainly because it wonť be upgradeable. To make it better you should change the bonuses of the horse set. HP is totally unnecessary there. Couldn't there be 3 skills instead of 2? If not, then the two HP´s should be taken out and it should be like reflex+aiming and reflex+toughness. If there could be 3 skills, then I would advice reflex+aiming+toughness and reflex+aiming+HP( or toughness :D ). In this case, we could bring the level of shooting and reflex to the same level.

IMO, this would be valid. This is how we keep the trend going (that a new set is better than the older) - there would be a good range set - there would finally be a normal horse set for resistance duellers - I think the balance would be good that way.

All in all, it´s quite good work, but needs a small adjustment.

Have a nice day.