• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Valentine's Day Event 2023 Sets - Feedback

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
The new set doesn't give health points, so the range duellers have to put on stuff that gives HP from town shops anyway, at least 1 in addition to hats
Fancy amber necklace. If you are a soldier, this one will be enough. You can add 50 points to HP and leave the set as it is, because it's already very strong. You can even play with Fancy amber necklace and yellow felt hat, because this hat has a phenomenal bonus with 3 items, as I said earlier, it's better than josephine's bonus with 5 items. I hope this new set will be nerfed and remain similar with Josephine's. So, still very strong.

DeletedUser500

I really, really like that you are releasing two competing sets for different play-styles of the same PvP activity at the same time!

I'm not really actively duelling at the moment, so I'll have to defer specific skill bonus feedback to other people, but:

The Soldier's bonus means any modern duel set with these mega-skill bonuses is tricky - if you don't want to make Soldiers too strong, then everyone else has to suffer disproportionately, simply to account for Soldier's tactics and HP bonus. We need to update the character class bonuses. And the duel formula, but I digress.

I strongly feel that ranged sets do need to give HP - since it's a secondary skill, it doesn't contribute to your ability to win a duel, only survive one - and the damage I've seen from 150+ players means HP becomes a primary concern for the three classes that aren't soldiers.
if you're not a soldier, then the most viable choice is obviously melee dueller for the free HP, and I always preferred playing as a ranged dueller because cowboys and duelling with pistols and stuff.
Maybe reflex's effect should be weakened in the duel formula, or maybe melee sets should be given toughness, instead of reflex, to kind-of buff ranged duelling.

Duelling is a tricky one to balance without a formula update to account for the excessive skill points values in today's sets - but the main feedback I have is - it is so much better if you are releasing competing sets at the same time - it means one play-style doesn't become dominant in the set meta and automatically provides a more balanced game, and will also encourage market activity. Do this with fort battles too please.

Power creep has to happen, or they don't sell sets. The management of that creep, and the willingness to change the formula when things get broken is where the game will live or die.

Overall, 2 positive PvP revelations have happened in 2 days, and I'm very happy about that.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
I fully agree with the first part. Range sets needs HP and soldier's bonus is too problematic.
...but...
Overall, 2 positive PvP revelations have happened in 2 days, and I'm very happy about that.
Have you even looked at the bonuses?
No revelation, the first set is Josephine on steroids, the second is an unsuccessful counter set attempt.
And the bonus set for 3 items is not only Josephine on steroids, but also on SARMS, peptides, growth hormone and insulin :lol:

DeletedUser500

I fully agree with the first part. Range sets needs HP and soldier's bonus is too problematic.
...but...

Have you even looked at the bonuses?
No revelation, the first set is Josephine on steroids, the second is an unsuccessful counter set attempt.
And the bonus set for 3 items is not only Josephine on steroids, but also on SARMS, peptides, growth hormone and insulin :lol:
The revelations being the beginning of much-needed and much-requested fort battle changes, and 2 competing duel sets at the same time - the bonuses, I can't comment on at the moment since I've been out of the duelling scene for a while, but your feedback is good here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
It's good to have @WhyN0t here to provide helpful insight about dueling, I can't call my self a good dueler , I am not bad either I am in the middle, so I will not comment any more about dueling skills etc , I hope devs see @WhyN0t as an example because of what he writes makes him an experienced dueler and I am sure he is , no one would lie to make himself look good.

Artem124

Sergeant
im not even scared send them whatever way you like.. ill break and beat them both :)
i beat jos like its nothing so not worried with a shooting version of it.
i used to like to be resistance but i like koeing people more often then just tickling them with a hit or 2

martoru

Lance Corporal
exp fot this items it is ridiculos :)))))

you work like hell for linconl pants and now will be items +50 exp more then a gringo hat :))))))))

aimgei

Lance Corporal
65% for a full set ? Colombian has 70%. There are not that many xp items that are usable in duel. Also xp bonuses are really needed in all aspects of the game since the required xp is huge in higher levels. The most broken thing is that the set bonuses are frontloaded on the first 3 items.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
exp fot this items it is ridiculos :)))))

you work like hell for linconl pants and now will be items +50 exp more then a gringo hat :))))))))
What are you talking about? No item will have more than 10% exp , you probably mistook the bonus with the individual items..
65% for a full set ? Colombian has 70%. There are not that many xp items that are usable in duel. Also xp bonuses are really needed in all aspects of the game since the required xp is huge in higher levels. The most broken thing is that the set bonuses are frontloaded on the first 3 items.
Exp of the set is okay , you will have 40% from 5 items + 15% from shoes , belt and neck items , that makes it 55% + Lincoln pants = 85% but hey , since you have Colombian why argue that this is not better than Colombian? Also Colombian will be the best "free" XP set for years to come so I dont see them making something with more XP any time soon.

What is needed on these 2 sets is an increase on the speed % , maybe by a 15-20% and whatever else @WhyN0t mentioned..

aimgei

Lance Corporal
since you have Colombian why argue that this is not better than Colombian?
I was just saying that the xp is fine, not ridiculous like he stated. Don't want it to be better than Colombian, just saying that Colombian exists and it gives more.