• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Valentine's Day Event 2021 Discussion

Deleted User - 117052

Are the bonuses from Josephine and Gilbert clothing set exactly the same, or is that a mistake?

Yeah and unfortunately, from the wheel envelopes with bonds are ultimately the victory, because I don´t see the usage for Josephine... The "free" Gilbert set probably can give some labour points, but bonuses are just joke - worse and lower than on DoD... I would recommend % of $, or product drop - things we haven´t got recently.

DeletedUser4941

Something with product drop better than it's now available it would be nice to see.

TadschMahal

Sergeant
I'll post a complete rework for the Gilbert-Set. I think it should be a working set as it seems... But those stats it currently gives are not that good ... especially dodging.... Dodging makes 0 sense on a working set... And some others arent required that often or mostly at specific or low jobs so ill replace them too. And compared to other work sets it is very weak in bonusses and other stuff... There are way older sets which are better than the current Gilbert-Set.
Here is my rework of the Gilbert-Set.

Gilberts Set:
Hat:
0.02 strenght
0.03 mobility
0.02 charisma
0.4 toughness
0.2 trading
0.3 setting traps
5% product drop chance

Necklace:
0.02 strenght
0.03 mobility
0.02 charisma
0.4 toughness
0.3 trading
0.3 hiding
5% product drop chance

Jacket:
0.03 strenght
0.05 mobility
0.02 charisma
0.03 dexterity
0.3 toughness
0.4 trading
0.2 hiding
0.2 swimming
0.2 fine motor skills
10% more experiance

Pants:
0.03 strenght
0.05 mobility
0.02 charisma
0.02 dexterity
0.3 setting traps
0.3 trading
0.3 hiding
0.2 swimming
0.3 fine motor skills
5% product drop chance
5% more experiance

Shoes:
0.03 strenght
0.02 charisma
0.03 dexterity
0.3 toughness
0.2 trading
0.3 hiding
0.3 swimming
5% product drop chance

Setbonus:
0.08 strenght
0.10 mobility
0.10 charisma
0.08 dexterity
0.8 toughness
0.8trading
0.7 hiding
0.6 swimming
0.6 fine motor skills
0.8 setting traps

100 labor points
80% product drop chance
20% more experiance

Horse:
0.03 strenght
0.03charisma
0.03 dexterity
0.4trading
0.4 hiding
0.2 setting traps
5% product drop chance

Saddle:
0.02 strenght
0.04 mobility
0.02 dexterity
0.4 swimming
0.4 fine motor skills
0.2 setting traps
5% more experiance

Setbonus:
0.04strenght
0.04 mobility
0.04 charisma
0.04 dexterity
0.3trading
0.2 hiding
0.3 swimming
0.3 fine motor skills
0.3 setting traps

50 labor points
50% product drop chance
10% more experiance

Knife:
0.03 strenght
0.03 mobility
0.03 charisma
0.2 toughness
0.2 trading
0.4 hiding
0.4 fine motor skills
5% more experiance

Revolver:
0.03 dexterity
0.03 mobility
0.03 charisma
0.2 fine motor skills
0.2 trading
0.4 hiding
0.4 swimming
5% product drop chance

Rifle:
0.03 strenght
0.04 mobility
0.04 charisma
0.03 dexterity
0.3 toughness
0.4 trading
0.2 fine motor skills
0.4 setting traps
5% product drop chance

Setbonus:
0.04strenght
0.04 mobility
0.04 charisma
0.04 dexterity
0.2 toughness
0.3trading
0.2 hiding
0.3 swimming
0.2 fine motor skills
0.2 setting traps

50 labor points
40% product drop chance
20% more experiance

Like and repost it if u think this should get reworked like it is shown.

And pls Inn0, dont tell me that it is too strong .. i mean look what u have created in the past ....

TadschMahal

Sergeant
Reworking Josephines set is way easier, so i wont do it as detailed as for the Gilberts set.
The current Josephines set should be a set for duels as it looks... So ill rework it to a complete duel set...even tho i dont get why Inn0 wants a new dueling set cause josephines set would be cowgirls set 2.0 mega advanced extrem edition ... ^^

Items:
1.Just change leadership to appearance
2.Repalce tactic on the items for apperance (corset,belt)

Setbonus:
0.09 strength
0.11 mobility
0.09 dexterity
0.60 vigor
0.80 dodging
0.80 aiming
0.90 leadership
40% Money from jobs and duels

robyxx404

Private First Class
Hi,

@TadschMahal has a great point with his rework of Gilbert's Set. There would be better a working set with drop chance rather than actual set with non-sense bonuses. I would like to see this rework on that set. Make Valentine's day event matter once again.

I don't get why lately devs try to make sets with mixed abilities at all costs.
The same just happened a few days ago with curling set.
What's the point of having leadership on a duelling set?

Reworking Josephines set is way easier, so i wont do it as detailed as for the Gilberts set.
The current Josephines set should be a set for duels as it looks... So ill rework it to a complete duel set...even tho i dont get why Inn0 wants a new dueling set cause josephines set would be cowgirls set 2.0 mega advanced extrem edition ... ^^

Hence why we should prolly leave it as a defensive set. We already have cowgirl and hamilton for attack.
Just take off that nonsense leadership and add a bit of vigor or something.

TadschMahal

Sergeant
Hence why we should prolly leave it as a defensive set. We already have cowgirl and hamilton for attack.
Just take off that nonsense leadership and add a bit of vigor or something.
We dont really need a new duel set ...not for defense and not for attack ... for defense we got curling as a very strong resistance set and yeah ... we have a lot of tactic sets wich are too op on soldiers .... so we arent really in need of a set for any side .... but it seems like inn0 wants a new one ...

We dont really need a new duel set ...not for defense and not for attack ... for defense we got curling as a very strong resistance set and yeah ... we have a lot of tactic sets wich are too op on soldiers .... so we arent really in need of a set for any side .... but it seems like inn0 wants a new one ...

Yeah I'm not saying we are in need of a defensive set, but we're not in need of an offensive one either.
I was just giving a second option. Most important thing is taking leadership off lol

Zulus

Private
any new set that is intoduced that does not kill any already existing sets is automatically considered thrash by some. What bulldust logic is that? There are new and newer players that may not have all the available sets, there are old players that may not have all the available sets (as they choose to not spend nuggets), yet every event some expect better and better sets to be introduced. For how long? Until such time where every set will offer 1000's of sp's?

I agree that some of the sp's and ap's offered on some of the new sets totally dont go together, same goes for set bonuses, like someone totally clueless is just picking random stuff and puts them on a new set and thinks to himself / herself - we dont have something like that in the game yet, so job well done.

Bottom line is that we do have sets that cover everything and knowing how many stupid events we have ended up with every year, such occurances like this one will happen more and more often, unless we end up with new sets that improve the current ones and offer tens of thousands of sp's in few years time.

I really hope that this will stop and i much rather end up with a stupid looking set then a mega op set that makes older ones look like a joke.

Kacper

Reservist
I insist that the kit be reworked, add fort bonuses so that the kit gives health points and is an alternative to Cortina which gives defense a huge advantage.
Please don't stick to the pattern that there has to be something with hundreds of alternatives for Valentine's Day, a set that no one really needs. We really need kits for tanks for attack and for shooters in defense.

Do something for us, something unconventional. :rolleyes:

Harsha.1

Private First Class
Mostly I would like to echo what @Zulus said. In a year, we have around 5 main tombolas + Christmas event. In total, each year they release 18 new sets (not counting possible nugget sets). Do we really expect all of those 18 sets to be OP and demand that they are better than the previous sets? - That would mean the total amount of AP/SP from clothes would keep on growing to absurd levels with not inconsiderable impact on gameplay. I noticed that lately, they have been trying the route of specialization, like adding duel skills to construction sets (marshall) which is a good concept. But, the room for that is still quite limited, and probably they are running out of ideas for sets, so we wind up with weird stats sometimes.

Only way out is for them to reduce the number of events to a more sensible number or introduce a new aspect of the game/new jobs which needs a whole new set of skills, and then make sets tailored for that game aspect/new jobs. Otherwise, expect this trend to continue for the coming years.

@Al35ul CM A side question, like in the DotD event, will the previous years' avatars from valentine's day be available for sale for bonds in the UPS shop?

Guiri

Corporal
I agree with Zulu and Harsha and I strongly object to changing the values on this gear. It is for new players on new servers, if you have better already then good for you. Don't expect a better set each event or you will break the game quicker. When a new set is introduced it shouldnt be more than 5-10% better than the last one, if even that.

We're not asking for newer sets to always be miles better than previous ones and say they're trash if they don't. We're just pointing out that having random skills on them is not a good solution.
It's pretty obvious that a set serves a better purpose when it has a specific one (duelling, ffs, construction, jobs) and by better I mean it simply fits the game in a more logical way not that it has to be totally op compared to existing ones.
If the problem is that we have too many events and too many new sets coming every year and it arguably ruins the game for some, it's far more logical to rethink the whole concept of tombolas (why not having only 1 new set instead of 2 to 3 every time? This alone will make a big difference in terms of longevity for the game and doesn't require InnoGames to cut back on events) rather than fitting random skills and bonuses on them and just keep flooding the game with 20 new sets every year imho.

Last edited: