1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Update to 2.0 - feedback

Discussion in 'Version 2.0' started by kankalin, Aug 13, 2012.

Share This Page

1. HelenBack

HelenBack Private First Class

Main Server:
    lol They reposted the same video posted on October 4th that received a bunch of negative comments:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KplffjLJuok

So, in 2 weeks, they decided to repost the video and disable the comments... That really shows they don't want to face the facts that they have royally screwed up this time.
    :rolleyes:

Instead of forcing this abomination on everyone... How about facing the facts that this game can not survive without the loyal players that you are ignoring? Many who have been here for YEARS... have supported you for YEARS... You ARE alienating them! The reason why people are posting the negative feedback and repeating it over and over is because they actually care about this game that they have played for so long. They WANT to see it succeed... And it's not a matter of "getting used to it". If you are forcing everyone to work fixed times when they need an item from that job... You are giving them no choice! The chat... is horrible! The amount of items you need for building a fort and crafting... are insane!

How can you push this "update" on all your LOYAL customers who have helped build this game to be what it is today? You know they are NOT happy! And you tell them to "Get used to it"? To me... and probably most of the peeps who have posted here... it shows us just how much respect the devs have for the players... ZERO.
    :hmpf:

2. abedy

abedy Lance Corporal

Thumb up. Totally agree.

3. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    Why is the county chat missing now - from all worlds -i am in - beta and the danish ??

4. kankalin

kankalin Guest

County chat has been removed (as mentioned) as it caused too high load on our side. It's replaced by game rooms now, where you're put in randomly.
    To chat with your buddies you're still able to join custom chatrooms with the /join chatroom [password] command, where password is optional.

5. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    The random chat room - was missing as well - they are back now - here - but not in DK

The join chat is working fine- nice idea - here- but not in the other worlds - we just get an error command - but that I know is not your problem

6. HelenBack

HelenBack Private First Class

Main Server:
    Having no County chat available is going to ruin our ability to banter with the enemy during fort battles... Also, County chat is helpful if you're in a county and need an item right away... You ask in County chat if anyone has an item and you'll know you don't have to travel far. Also, when there is a new player, they may want to join a town nearby... I've often invited new players when I see them in our county. Yet another thing to annoy us...
    :rolleyes:

Also, I hope that each world is given a week's notice before the main upgrade to v2. (Please make sure the notice is sent to all players in the world and in the appropriate language for that server.) From what I've seen on the .net forums, it was already announced in a press release that all the worlds would be updated to v2 tomorrow. If that really is true... Then it's very sad that we need to go to an outside source to find out that a major upgrade is going to happen the next day.
    :mad:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/180459/The_West_Enters_Version_20.php

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  7. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    The County chat gave us the possibility to see who is online in the county - this was one of the things - that made this game social - it made it possible to see enemy duellers nearby - and to chat with them.

This is one more on a long list of degradations in the social aspects of this game - it is more a downgrade with a lot of cosmetics than an upgrade.

8. The-Iceman

The-Iceman Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    I'm not going away Kankalin
    Have the common decency to answer this message
    I even PM'd you and you ignored that message too

9. takatoukas

takatoukas Guest

What do you want him to say to you? It' s a company and their target is to make money! They think they will this way... So stop whining and give up the game if you don't like it anymore, as i did. You can' t change their minds..

10. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    Maybe you are right - but we use to like this game - and it is a bit crazy - if we stop they don't make any money - and we don't have the game. - So far on the Danish servers activity has dropped after the update - so I hope in time they will listen- before we all have to give up this game.

11. vitamin2002

vitamin2002 Private First Class

hmmm i change colour , then maybe somebody can see this from InnoGames side !!!

12. The-Iceman

Main Server:
    Maybe I'm not a defeatist like you, who uses his first ever message to make an arrogant remark
    FYI: I'm not whining, I'm forwarding constructive criticism
    I've been playing the Beta since day one and I deserve an answer to my message
    I've been here for over 3.5 years, buying premium, that's quite a contribution to the upkeep of this game

13. The Preacher

The Preacher Guest

This abomination hit the German servers yesterday - still buggy, still unflexible job times, still massive increases in fort building resources and so on.

They won't change shit ...

14. takatoukas

takatoukas Guest

Relax.. All i'm saying is they don't care. What constructive criticism can you make when they are deleting messages? It's not worth the trouble.

15. pmelo

pmelo Guest

well good luck for InnoGames to bring new players if true the 2.0 come to Brazil servers tomorrow i will do vacation mode in all the 4 servers i play and i go play world of warcraft

16. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    Nice that that the task list has been sorted so - I needed that.:)

The new alliance overview is nice- but how can we see - which forts a town owns - when the town is not member of an alliance?

The forum still need fixing- the last changed topics are still hard to find- We need all the last changed topics to be highlighted- as they were before.

I still don't understand why make an update - and grade down functions- updates are meant to make things better not worse.

In the Danish world - it is very confusing with the new chat function - too many windows to manage- it must be like that for all players in busy big town and alliances. - Please change it back - so all is written in the same window.

During fort fight - the fort fight window is too big- some of it is just the Headline and - other stuff - that only takes room- and does not have a function - It is not possible to see the whole window - with the shooting reports- and the chat at the same time. - Maybe- if you have the chat left or right - instead of under or over the fight window - but honestly - I would find that hard to control.

Now when we don't have the county chat- I can see how essential it was for the social aspect of the game.

In the DK worlds we don't even have the random chat rooms - and not the new j/join function- only town and ally chat- this makes it very hard for small towns and people without towns to get in contact with other players..

Fortfight are not very social now - you can only talk to your own side of the fight.

Duellers have less fun during raids- they can not talk to the enemy - you cant see who is online near your town.

And of course the job system sucks - we still don't have an answer why - I mean a real answer - not a religious one. -We believe is not an answer - why does it get more players - when most of us clearly hate it.

17. chuck42

chuck42 Guest

agree with Olga

+4 to everything you said. Most of my worlds are on vacation. I will only return to them if v2 is rolled back or vastly changed. The drop rates make crafting undoable. WHY is this version still here? Maybe InnoGames wants to get rid of all the old timers and cater to the click happy facebook crowd. I cant imagine they'll be buying any nuggets.

:mad:

18. fanney

fanney Guest

I really liked this update at the beginning... until I started to do jobs again.
    Now I see why so many people are pissed off, and I understand them.
    The new job system is awful and messed up. For example: the Setting up telegraph poles' chance to find a Roll of wire is 14%(+9%) to me. I spent my whole morning doing it. I did the job 47 times and I only found 4 wire. I spent all of my energy doing this, and I couldn't even finish this one quest!

It's better if I don't mention the item drops...:hmpf:
    I'm just wasting my money for nuggets..

19. Butcher Pete

Butcher Pete Guest

That exactly what they want you to do ,seems to be the only logical reason behind the 2.0 downgrade. We have yet to get any other explanation for this sh it "so called" update. :mad:

20. The-Iceman

Main Server:
    I'm still waiting for a reply
    I can't believe how the Devs can ram this update down our throats and then just ignore us
    Their arrogance is absolutely unbelievable