• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!

Update to 2.0 - feedback

xDiego

Staff Sergeant
Elite Tester
The job times are imo not really bad, since they are changed so active people get a higher reward. Which is why I would like to propose a system where you have at least two possibilities: Long and short jobs. For example:

I go shining shoes for a short time, let's say 2 mins. Job reward is 2 xp. If I do it a long time, 200 mins, you would think I get 100 times the reward, but instead I just get 125-150. So my reward is lower when I set a longer job, where my reward is higher if i'm more active and set a short duration.

This way you reward activity, without kicking busy players ass. Some people just can't login every 2 hours. That's a shame, but with max time of 2 minutes they are nearly forced to do a select group of jobs which take more than an hour or quit the game.
I like that idea :)

The Preacher

The job times are imo not really bad, since they are changed so active people get a higher reward. Which is why I would like to propose a system where you have at least two possibilities: Long and short jobs. For example:

I go shining shoes for a short time, let's say 2 mins. Job reward is 2 xp. If I do it a long time, 200 mins, you would think I get 100 times the reward, but instead I just get 125-150. So my reward is lower when I set a longer job, where my reward is higher if i'm more active and set a short duration.

This way you reward activity, without kicking busy players ass. Some people just can't login every 2 hours. That's a shame, but with max time of 2 minutes they are nearly forced to do a select group of jobs which take more than an hour or quit the game.
If you do a short job just 20 times a day you will get nada (regarding $$$ and XP) since the motivation level is at 0%.

Nevertheless I would prefer selectable job times , too.

Last edited by a moderator:

olga

Master Sergeant
We need response

It is generally the same things we are unhappy about in the new version.

1 - the work hazard
2 - the work time system
3 - the chat

Are the most important issues.

Minor issues - that are quite annoying
1 - invisibly town forum
2 - lack of feed back - when new thing happen - new reports - news in forum, men telegrams.

People are starting to quit the beta - and telling that they will stop when the game comes to the other worlds.

Maybe some of the are right - InnoGames really does not care what we think - they are just greedy - and these changes is all about getting more money out of us.

I still hope that the worst issues will be fixed. if they are not - I have to agree with them - then this is not a game for me any more.

Slamsugeren

We have discussed this beta a lot on colorado.net, colorado.se, arizona.dk and briscoe.dk
All of us were looking forward to this version but after having tried it for some time now. Nearly all the players don't like the new version unless a lot of thing are changed from what it looks like at the moment.

1) Working time:
You can't chose the working time. That is maybe the worst of the new changes.
It means that the premium feature with automation is nearly worthless. It will be very hard for your character to work overnight or when you are jobbing yourself.
The heavy Labor quests are now too crazy. 240 timers with Stream fishing are of many players called insane. That mean you have to be in front of the screen for a lot of hour just for doing that job all the time.

2) The Danger:
The danger is accumulated too fast. Several jobs you have to do many time in a row and often you will be dead at the end if you line 9 jobs up. That is of course because the working periods are too small and the danger goes up all the time.
Some jobs have now a very, very high danger. As late as last night I saw a player who had a job he had to do five time of 1 hour each. He was dead already after the first hour because he got 1499hp in damage.

3) The mini map:
That is way too small. You have big problems in finding the jobs if you are colorblind or if you are use laptops or other object with a little screen.

4) The chat:
That is really a disaster. Many player are playing because they can that all the time while they are playing. They miss the old chat which they could see all the time. Now you must open a huge box which is very too big and if you choose to make it smaller then you can;t read it without scrolling.
Why not remove all this in the left side? You can see exactly the same in your reports so why have it 2 times? Remove this "toolbar" from the button and place it to the left instead and then place the chat there as it is in the old version.

5) Map size
No one understand why we now have little, very wierd looking map size.
Especially with this cloud area in the middle. What is all that about?
It was told that the map should be smaller because many lost their interest in the game. The reason should be the long traveling time. Yes, that can be true but your arguments make no sense. It could easily be changed by increasing the speed on the map.

There is a lot of minor issues too. I can write it later if you want.
But the main thing is that several players are already now thinking of stopping to play the game. Most of them because of the working times and the danger form the jobs. They all, me included, see it like they have to be in front of the screen all day long and that is simply not possible because we have family and jobs.

Sylvana Lesni

I see many complain about the danger while doing jobs. I didn't notice much on my low level until I started queeing 9 jobs in a line. Which should be a benefit of premium players, to stack more jobs. I know it was just bad luck, but I was getting wood, which is a yellow danger job and I ended up with 7 life left. And had to sleep for a long time with 80 energy left in my bar. I wouldn't call that a premium benefit, since it makes you now more likely to die :)

And also I think, even though not many mention it, that the craft became a part of the game already, making it worse is not helping. But I still hope they'll fix that.

killado

Staff Sergeant
Im not so against the damages on the jobs.
It was true that on the old system it was, almost, impossible to lose the health on jobs. If you are a tank it was more than impossible to die on a job or on a duel. You could get 8 shots into the head with 400 each one... and you would still have more than half of your health. On jobs, 10000 nuggets would solve everything. Buying the instructions and voilá, every job available.
With the nuggets, most of the adventures could be made even without doing a single job. Just buying instructions and buying the products from the jobs.
I know that InnoGames wants people to do that... it gives them money to pay there staff.
The problem is that people started to fail big when checking for an quest.
If you read the foruns. there are people at level 120 that don´t know that when a quest asks you to shoot your enemy, it means you have to KO him... or that if a quest ask for a Punch, you don´t need to be searching for a "Punch weapon" to do that.

The new times are too low.
I thought they will keep them like they where. Fixed but starting on the 5 minutes and raising until the 2 hours job.
That would speed the game and let people do the same things like we did on 1.36.
The danger on the jobs looks like to have been changed, since on the 1.36 we could reduce the change of getting into accidents by raising our labour points.
Right now im adding 289 points into Transport Ammunitions and the danger is 47%.
With the same points on the old version, i had a possible damage of 29 points and the danger bar was very low.
I tryed most of the hard jobs (red bar) and when i got into an accident, it was very near 50% of my health.
Luckly for me, they didn´t happened so much.

My problem with the new version is the time it takes to charge the map and to use it.
For a 1mb connection, doing some movement on the map is over 1 minute.
Already deactivated every animation, notification and everything else... it still takes a while... Only for the login is over 2 minutes.
When the connection gets slower, even the jobs don´t show up. I need to login again to open a job.
And the dailies... look at of the ones i need to do today:
Chasing bandits 3 times 1h:30 each
Bounty Hunter 2 times 1h:30 each
Hunt for Pumas 1 time 2h (if i don´t have the skin)
Catch Crabs 4 times 30min

So, 12h of doing this jobs to make the dailies. Even with a premium energy or refilling energy, i need to be lucky on dropping the puma skin right on the first try. If not... i can´t complete todays dailies.

Bluep

...For a 1mb connection, doing some movement on the map is over 1 minute.
Already deactivated every animation, notification and everything else... it still takes a while... Only for the login is over 2 minutes.
When the connection gets slower, even the jobs don´t show up. I need to login again to open a job...
That's weird... but I think it's your computer.
I'm on a 2MBit connection (shared between 4 people, btw) and I don't have those problems...
OK, the first loading after a cleared cache takes some ~30 seconds (the counter that goes up to 226), but after that the game runs smooth (when the server doesn't break down again ^^)
Once the map (& other) graphics are cached, logging in is matter of ~4 seconds, when scrolling the map there's absolutely no delay.

Perhaps go check your Cache settings..?

the simmies

If you do a short job just 20 times a day you will get nada (regarding $$$ and XP) since the motivation level is at 0%.

Nevertheless I would prefer selectable job times , too.
Of course motivationloss is different between times too (this can be just normal, so 10 times longer is 10 times more motivationloss). Bit weird to lose 5% after 2 minutes and 5% after 200 minutes too :p

Sylvana Lesni

Motivation drop of 5% is surely a very limiting factor for short time jobs, but long time jobs are limited by energy more than motivation. Overall the 5% drop seems just way too fast, maybe they want people to do something else than jobs :)

skulblakas ven

Reservist
We have discussed this beta a lot on colorado.net, colorado.se, arizona.dk and briscoe.dk
All of us were looking forward to this version but after having tried it for some time now. Nearly all the players don't like the new version unless a lot of thing are changed from what it looks like at the moment.

1) Working time:
You can't chose the working time. That is maybe the worst of the new changes.
It means that the premium feature with automation is nearly worthless. It will be very hard for your character to work overnight or when you are jobbing yourself.
The heavy Labor quests are now too crazy. 240 timers with Stream fishing are of many players called insane. That mean you have to be in front of the screen for a lot of hour just for doing that job all the time.

2) The Danger:
The danger is accumulated too fast. Several jobs you have to do many time in a row and often you will be dead at the end if you line 9 jobs up. That is of course because the working periods are too small and the danger goes up all the time.
Some jobs have now a very, very high danger. As late as last night I saw a player who had a job he had to do five time of 1 hour each. He was dead already after the first hour because he got 1499hp in damage.

3) The mini map:
That is way too small. You have big problems in finding the jobs if you are colorblind or if you are use laptops or other object with a little screen.

4) The chat:
That is really a disaster. Many player are playing because they can that all the time while they are playing. They miss the old chat which they could see all the time. Now you must open a huge box which is very too big and if you choose to make it smaller then you can;t read it without scrolling.
Why not remove all this in the left side? You can see exactly the same in your reports so why have it 2 times? Remove this "toolbar" from the button and place it to the left instead and then place the chat there as it is in the old version.

5) Map size
No one understand why we now have little, very wierd looking map size.
Especially with this cloud area in the middle. What is all that about?
It was told that the map should be smaller because many lost their interest in the game. The reason should be the long traveling time. Yes, that can be true but your arguments make no sense. It could easily be changed by increasing the speed on the map.

There is a lot of minor issues too. I can write it later if you want.
But the main thing is that several players are already now thinking of stopping to play the game. Most of them because of the working times and the danger form the jobs. They all, me included, see it like they have to be in front of the screen all day long and that is simply not possible because we have family and jobs.
i agree with you, and i know several players which will quit playing the game in other servers because of this version...
and in this new version is awful and hard to find the right quest owners.....:(

karas

Reservist
Let me tell you something about the new work damage...
IT SUCKS!!!
Come on, I have passed out at transport ammunition with a a danger of 43%...`
What about robing trains? We'll instantly passed out at this job.
Change it.
And sucks is not a dirty word...

Besss

I was thinking the damage system had to be changed, apparently no :(

2 KO in 2 days when I was doing the jobs "Free slaves" and "Robbing trains"

Impossible to enchain 4 "hard" jobs without falling KO :(

Gosialein

Lance Corporal
job grouping

there's an aspect to the job grouping, that I dislike: I can't remember now, where nearest jobs to my town are and I must use the map always
in previous version one could see, where the nearest jobs were and after doing them several times there was no need to use the map - it was faster just to scroll a little to the left or to the right to get to your berries
now one would have to memorize the places like barns, fields, bridges and additionally to memorize what jobs are hidden there
I think it's not so great, can it be changed? maybe some hints on the edge of the game screen?
or maybe a button "show the nearest..." with options: fort, fortbattle, town, ghost town, job, questgiver" that would show the desired place so that one would just click to go there? hmmm, that could be some help

idiomatiks

there is such a button (start working at the nearest site) but only for paying customers; if you have automation, then you can use work button

moon boy

Reservist
Well devs, congratulations with the worst update I have ever seen. You have ruined our game with all that stupid ideas of you

Do you think we play 24 hours a day and 7 days a week? D you think this game is our life? If you want to be a player high in ranking you must stay online for the whole day. Jobs with 2 minutes, are you crazy?

How do you think we are going to give ranks at a fort battle if we can’t see how many players we have? Ranking is a big bug, give the old back

And who had the idea of changing the amount of products at construction of forts? 100 roll of cloth, 100 cotton and 75 hammers for 1 level barracks, are you insane? Do you really think players are going to search all that products? We need a year or longer to build all forts! Fortbattles are not fun anymore with unbuild forts. I know of maybe players they are going to quit fortbattles and beta.
How do we have to test now?

I’ve heard of many players they are going to quit beta, and if this update coming to normal world, they will stop with this game. And I have the same idea. I’m playing this game now for 3 years, and every update was more worse. Devs tell me, when are you going to think about gameplay, like new features? And not about lay-out and money.

Devs, are you going to change things or are you are blind to our feedback? Please tell us!

Zeta

just wondering if people got the same experience, first few days bug reports were handled quite swiftly, now i got like 30 bug reports open of which the oldest dates back to 22th of august? did all devs went on holiday or something?

*protests for his 5 nugs per report*

idiomatiks

yes, once w1 got updated it all went downhill with bug-resolving

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
There are now 26 pages of replies in this thread and so far we have been completely ignored.
By ignoring us, you are opening the floodgates for players to hit (delete account)
I have been playing various InnoGames Games for almost 8 years and I have spent over £1000 on Premium
I would venture to predict that you are making a major mistake trying to gouge more money out of the players, by forcing them to buy Buffs and Nuggets to overcome the horrific amount of damage that you have introduced on jobs
You have deliberately set the damage levels high, so that players will get KO'd, and will either have to sleep, or be forced to spend Nuggets, as well as buy Buffs to enable them to continue playing
That sort of thinking just raises the players stress levels and frustrates the hell out of them, when they keep getting KO'd

Where is the upside of playing this game now?

I would be happy to dig up and post a few transcripts, of Gaming Companies that have been forced to close down, because they wouldn't listen to what their customers wanted
I fear that you may have taken your customers for granted and it's liable to come back to haunt you